Does Evo 3d Drivers work with Windows 8?

Search This thread

pyovue

Apr 30, 2010
I have htc sync, but when I try to sync it, it says it cant find Htc Sync on computer, but I am trying to root using htc unlock method, but when I'm in the CMD, after typing

fastboot oem get_identifier_token

all I get is

< Waiting for Device >

I also tried Fastboot Devices, but nothing shows, so Im assuming its the drivers with windows 8. I tried manually installing the drivers from the sdk, I used the ADB interface driver, and also the Bootloader interface still nothing, AHHH!!
I dont want to go back to windows 7 and lose all my stuff!!

Edit : And yes I have usb debugging mode on, and on fastboot usb during cmd command.

laie1472

Feb 18, 2010
Try rebooting your pc. Then put your phone in factory recovery mode then plug your phone into your pc and it should install the drivers.

Locked & Loaded
""Shooter on Deck""

pyovue

Apr 30, 2010
Yea, I get a Android 1.0 under my device manager, and it wont find any updates. :(

laie1472

Feb 18, 2010
Did you uninstall the old drivers first??? If not you should and then reboot. Then once your up and running go to desktop mode from the metro menu, then open up task manger and see if htc sync is running, if it is then kill it. Then put your phone into stock recovery mode and plug it into your pc and it should install the drivers.

Locked & Loaded
""Shooter on Deck""

Last edited:

pyovue

Apr 30, 2010
Welp, no luck with that :( I keep getting an Android 1.0. Guess I have to go back to Win7 :( Noooo.

gadar

Nov 2, 2010
Kurdistan
Welp, no luck with that :( I keep getting an Android 1.0. Guess I have to go back to Win7 :( Noooo.

Try to reinstall htc sync.

If that wont work then I think you have to try to install the driver manually by going into device manager> click android 1.0 device > update driver >browse my computer for driver software >Let me pick from list >have disk > navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\extras\google\usb_driver.

choose then Android Bootloader Interface

laie1472

Feb 18, 2010

Well you don't have to. Im running 8 now with adb installed if you want I can pm you a step by step on how I did it. Well let me know.

Locked & Loaded
""Shooter on Deck""

pyovue

Apr 30, 2010
Alright, I got it, stupid HTC Website said to create a new folder with just 3 files. Which is dumb, cause I threw those 3 files back in my tools folder, and wa-la, it worked. Thanks anyways guys.

Rob_ec

Apr 23, 2010
Gaia
WTF? windows 8?i though it was still in alpha
I have htc sync, but when I try to sync it, it says it cant find Htc Sync on computer, but I am trying to root using htc unlock method, but when I'm in the CMD, after typing

all I get is

< Waiting for Device >

I also tried Fastboot Devices, but nothing shows, so Im assuming its the drivers with windows 8. I tried manually installing the drivers from the sdk, I used the ADB interface driver, and also the Bootloader interface still nothing, AHHH!!

Edit : And yes I have usb debugging mode on, and on fastboot usb during cmd command.

MrRemba

Mar 8, 2012
WTF? windows 8?i though it was still in alpha

all I get is

< Waiting for Device >

hello i have the same problem, and i alreday tried everithing i always get stuck with this, i got HBOOT 1.49.0018, can anyone help me PLEAS :(

GrimReaper24

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 10, 2011
How is windows 8 lol... I would think it will take alil while for things to catch up for it since it's so new...

I use windows 7 64bit and Fedora...

laie1472

Feb 18, 2010
hello i have the same problem, and i alreday tried everithing i always get stuck with this, i got HBOOT 1.49.0018, can anyone help me PLEAS :(

Are you rooted ??? If so what rom & kernel do you have ??? Also your gsm correct ???

#Root-Hack\Mod*Always_
""Shooter on Deck""

MrRemba

Mar 8, 2012
Are you rooted ??? If so what rom & kernel do you have ??? Also your gsm correct ???

#Root-Hack\Mod*Always_
""Shooter on Deck""

i managed to unlock boot and put recovery, still on stock rom, tried last night to put viper rom but it said aborted, is it becouse i still have S-ON?? yes, i'm GSM also

laie1472

Feb 18, 2010
i managed to unlock boot and put recovery, still on stock rom, tried last night to put viper rom but it said aborted, is it becouse i still have S-ON?? yes, i'm GSM also

What method did you use to flash the rom??? Also what recovery are you using ???

#Root-Hack\Mod*Always_
""Shooter on Deck""

wachalookinat

Well you don't have to. Im running 8 now with adb installed if you want I can pm you a step by step on how I did it. Well let me know.

Locked & Loaded
""Shooter on Deck""

Hi, could you please pm me or post here your step by step to setting up adb with windows 8? I've looked all over and still no joy. Anyone who got adb and windows 8 to work together maybe could consider posting a new thread with walk through directions. Many would appreciate it and I know youd get a few "thanks" from me.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Glad you got everything worked out. As far as roms well I don't have a gsm EVO3d so I'll say just make a nand and pick one, do a little reading to see what all works and what doesn't, and if it meets what your looking for in a Rom then give it a shot. I run steeleH's rom which is mostly stock but its a tweaked stock rom but he doesn't offer a gsm Rom as far as I know.

#Root-Hack\Mod*Always_
    ""Shooter on Deck""
    Thanks, well i didn't make nand cuz i like the hard way of getting things done, so if i wanna stock back i have to push RUU :D but no need for that cuz there are stock rooted rom, fow now i'm running on RosieLess rom and for now everithing is good and stabe, and it's much faster then stock

You can make a nand of your current Rom in case you flash a mod,rom, or kernel thats incompatible with your phone or gives you a bootloop. You can then just boot into recovery and restore your nand and be back up and running. Always keep a nandroid backup on your SD it can help in so many ways.

#Root-Hack\Mod*Always_
    ""Shooter on Deck""