[Q] a few things im wondering about with the one max

Search This thread

rexxxlo

May 13, 2011
buffalo
ive had the phone for a few weeks now, i haven't done any modding to it yet its still totally bone stock.

i have 3 questions

1) For some strange reason i get a notification to choose the input method regularly ( like it wants me to choose another keyboard) but im using the htc keyboard) i tried a few of the other keyboards ive used in the past but just went back to the stock one.....what causes this?

2) just about every time i open a text box or should i say try to open a text box i get the "paste " button instead of the keyboard then i have to click in the box a few times to open the keyboard and continue to type......again what causes this?

3) is there a way to use the fingerprint scanner to unlock the phone its kinda a pain in the ass to hit the unlock or power button and then flip the phone over to swipe my finger then flip it to see if it worked sometimes requiring a new swipe.
this was really aggravating when i had it default to open the camera i figured that would be nice because i thought it would be a fast way to get to the camera when the surprise moment arises that you need to take a picture and don't want to fumble around looking through menus. needless to say i set it up to just unlock now because i quickly realized that i don't want the camera app to open every time i need to use the phone or check a message.

pradeepvizz

Dec 24, 2010
Dubai
Combing your #1 and #2 seems to point that you might have a hardware issue or your screen protector/case is triggering this.

#3 no ways yet ... :/ that is something everyone will like!

Skyymiles

Dec 13, 2012
Houston
Try clearing defaults for your keyboard under ALL apps in Application Manager or data altogether. Agree it could be a depression in your screen protector sticking in the input fields you're trying to type in or TSP hardware failure( detects/interprets your fingers location). And yes, stick with your intuition about the finger print scanner, use it for what's most practical for you. I haven't looked personally but you might try the Play store for some third-party applications that would allow some type of voice recognition to wake your phone screen keeping in mind that there will be a trade off in battery power for always on listening.

Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using xda app-developers app

polar2792

Oct 23, 2011
Gastonia, NC
I really really really want this phone. And its getting rooted if I do get it. But if it breaks the fingerprint scanner and won't work on custom roms then I don't really want it. I know it'll prolly never work on AOSP though(or the lack thereof).

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

wase4711

May 9, 2010
Outside of Phoenix, AZ
you can turn the fingerprint scanner back on after rooting if you choose to; there are instructions here on how to do it. Most folks dont bother to..
and, we have custom roms now, so not sure what you mean by that..

Reactions: polar2792

wase4711

May 9, 2010
Outside of Phoenix, AZ
yeah, there isn't a working AOSP here yet, but there is talk of one coming real soon...htc hasnt released source yet for some reason, and that is whats needed to get more dev going for this phone..

Reactions: polar2792

polar2792

Oct 23, 2011
Gastonia, NC
That's the thing I've been all HTC since the OGEvo. And they might release source in ~5 months.

On the newest HTC EVO 4G LTE we haven't got source for our latest from about 6 months ago

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Last edited:

neodiver

Jan 15, 2014
Long Island
Being that the official KitKat release should be just around the corner, along with the current lack of custom roms available, I decided to stay stock. Using the Xposed Framework :good: , I was able to customize my stock 4.3 to the point where I'm not sure If I'll ever need (or want) to use a custom rom. Having s-off means bootloader can remain locked, allowing fingerprint scanner to work, and I'm still free to change my mind whenever I'd like! :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    you can turn the fingerprint scanner back on after rooting if you choose to; there are instructions here on how to do it. Most folks dont bother to..
    and, we have custom roms now, so not sure what you mean by that..
    yeah, there isn't a working AOSP here yet, but there is talk of one coming real soon...htc hasnt released source yet for some reason, and that is whats needed to get more dev going for this phone..