Who is getting the South Korean LG G2 Variant?

Search This thread

fahad233

Jul 11, 2012
Anyone else intrigued by the LG G2 South Korean variant?

Anyone have any specsheet or detailed base band info for the models?

I'd love to order one into Canada and use it on Wind Mobile (AWS carrier kinda like T Mobile in the States).

There have to be some more people considering the same?

I've seen conflicting details regarding what the model numbers for the South Korean variants are. Anyone else have any info?

For e.g. I've seen LG F320S and LG F320K and LG F320L

Do all of these come with the microSD slot and removable battery?
I guess more importantly: Which one these is compatible with the North American AWS bands?

Would appreciate any deets anyone could provide.

Thanks.

cashshadow

Sep 18, 2013

Check the LG page, it has all the frequencies. It looks like I should be alright with Fido/Rogers. I don't think it has the US LTE bands apparently, just 4g?

I've seen conflicting details regarding what the model numbers for the South Korean variants are. Anyone else have any info?

I think they all have that, also I saw a TV antenna on a youtube review!

fahad233

Jul 11, 2012
Check the LG page, it has all the frequencies. It looks like I should be alright with Fido/Rogers. I don't think it has the US LTE bands apparently, just 4g?
!

Wind here doesn't have 4G or LTE yet anyways so that's not a concern.

Which LG page do you speak of?
I tried to navigate to their Korean page but it was only offered in Korean and not in English.

Zentac

Aug 8, 2011

I tried to navigate to their Korean page but it was only offered in Korean and not in English.

I got myself the F320L, it is the U+ (LG's network in Korea) variant.
(4G and LTE are the same thing outside the US)

try using google translate plugin, or chrome, to translate the site.
I do remember a page with all of them listed, but can't find it right now... I'll update the post if/when I find it

Reactions: fahad233

cashshadow

Sep 18, 2013
Check negrielectronics, they are selling the SK version, you should be able to get your specs there.

Last edited:

fahad233

Jul 11, 2012

I do remember a page with all of them listed, but can't find it right now... I'll update the post if/when I find it

What carrier are you using it with?
Could you comment on battery life that you've experience compared to the reviews of the 3000mah battery?

sunilrchopra

Sep 26, 2010
so what do you use it on ATT or Tomobile

So you use it on ATT USA?

Zentac

Aug 8, 2011
No no, sorry for the late reply, different time zone. I'm using it on t mobile here in Holland.

I'm not allowed to post links yet but if you do a Google search on f320l bands, you will get some results.

I don't have specific battery details yet, battery monitor widget get confused by me swapping out the two batteries :)
It comes with two batteries and a charger/stand.
I never paid much attention to people complaining about non-swappable batteries, but I haven't had it hooked up to a charger ever since getting it last Saturday. I did swap out the batteries a few times, but hardly every day.

Sent from my LG-F320L using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

woof123

Dec 10, 2012
I got mine too,Sk telecom variant F320S.About LTE now you can change the LTE bands from the servise menu,i already put mine on auto.It has 4 different bands there to choose,850 1800 2100 and 2600 (Channels 5,3,1,7) and auto,same goes for the other bands also.Not sure if other variants have more or no.

Last edited:

Zentac

Aug 8, 2011
I got mine too,Sk telecom variant F320S.About LTE now you can change the LTE bands from the servise menu,i already put mine on auto.It has 4 different bands there to choose,850 1800 2100 and 2600 (Channels 5,3,1,7) and auto,same goes for the other bands also.Not sure if other variants have more or no.

Question for you: if you pop off the back. Does it state f320s or f320l/s?

Mine actually states f320l/s, and although it is supposed to be the u+ version, which is a wdcma phone, I'm doing fine on hspa+ :)

Looks to me like it's the same phone with different carrier branding

fahad233

Jul 11, 2012
So just went on the negri electronics website and compared the various models.

Seems like none of the South Korean variants would work on T-Mobile USA/Wind Mobile Canada(AWS).
They don't have the 1700 frequency listed in their 3G band.

Can someone validate that this is indeed correct?

josecordobes

Sep 19, 2013
hi guys i just got my g2 from korea,works just fine in all networks 4g and lte but here is my problem..i cannot do a hard reset on it using the hard keys,and i can only acces into it as guest.

I tried the combination of volume down + power key,it just doesnt work,no reboot screen or anything.

Any ideas?

thanks for the help in advance

woof123

Dec 10, 2012

Mine actually states f320l/s, and although it is supposed to be the u+ version, which is a wdcma phone, I'm doing fine on hspa+ :)

F320L/S and i have flashed it with the beta K model firmware now,and also works like a charm.

Seems like none of the South Korean variants would work on T-Mobile USA/Wind Mobile Canada(AWS).

My F320S doesnt and im sure the L model doesnt too,since its practicaly the same.Only if you are lucky and the K one has it...

Last edited:
Reactions: Zentac

kennytung

Jul 29, 2010
Ho Chi Minh City
I'm going to buy G2 but not sure if I should buy an International version one or Korean? I would love to have the ability to change battery and sd card but I'm afraid the developer support might not be good with the Korean version? Can it flash international rom?

milkinc

Sep 22, 2013
I am using the korean variant ,well just because of the micro sd and removable battery. Rooting is easy and you just have to wait for custom rom to arrive.

Sent from my LG-F320S using xda app-developers app

cashshadow

Sep 18, 2013

I cannot, but I can say that it works for 3g on Fido, at the very least. It is possible that I need an 'LTE sim card' to get LTE speeds, this is my next step. For now, 3g for the F320S works for Fido.

Also, the antenna captures nothing, but once you pull it out, it looks like a phone from the 80s, so yeah, its awesome.

Zentac

Aug 8, 2011
I cannot, but I can say that it works for 3g on Fido, at the very least. It is possible that I need an 'LTE sim card' to get LTE speeds, this is my next step. For now, 3g for the F320S works for Fido.

Also, the antenna captures nothing, but once you pull it out, it looks like a phone from the 80s, so yeah, its awesome.

Haha well said, it indeed does look that way!

NevetsDrassel

Sep 24, 2013
Haha well said, it indeed does look that way!

So what is the benefit of the South Korean model? I see you get two batteries, but at 2600mAh vs the one battery at 3100mAh, you get the micro SD slot, and the removable back cover. What other benefits would I get if I traded my US AT&T LG G2 model for the SK one?

I am a noob at this so I am just trying to make an informed decision as to whether to keep this one or look at a different different one (European vs Asian vs American, etc...).

Last edited:

Zentac

Aug 8, 2011
So what is the benefit of the South Korean model? I see you get two batteries, but at 2600mAh vs the one battery at 3100mAh, you get the micro SD slot, and the removable back cover. What other benefits would I get if I traded my US AT&T LG G2 model for the SK one?

I am a noob at this so I am just trying to make an informed decision as to whether to keep this one or look at a different different one (European vs Asian vs American, etc...).

none other than that.

I got mine as I just couldn't wait for the European release. And I have to say the swappable batteries are a treat... especially as you get an external charger with it. So he always swap in a full battery. Gets you technically 5200mAh ;)

---------- Post added at 05:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:39 PM ----------

But to be honest, unless you are craving the external sd capability, I would say; enjoy your US g2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I think they all have that, also I saw a TV antenna on a youtube review!

F320L/S and i have flashed it with the beta K model firmware now,and also works like a charm.

My F320S doesnt and im sure the L model doesnt too,since its practicaly the same.Only if you are lucky and the K one has it...