Views on the ml1 firmware for note 10.1 2014 edition sm p601

Search This thread

Btoulidene

Feb 23, 2014
I am running mj9. . Sam mobile shows an ml1 firmware available In the uzbekistan region for the note sm p601. . Should i give it a try?? Mj9 lags a lot. . Thoughts please.. Mine is the 3g version. . But Sam mobile shows sm p601 as the wifi edition. . I am not downloading the wrong firmware right. .??

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1393495051680.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1393495051680.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 853

Btoulidene

Feb 23, 2014
You didn't tell me about how ml1 compares to mj9

Btoulidene

Feb 23, 2014
You got the ml1 firmware from the uzbekistan region or you got the ota update!?? Please do tell me how it improves performance compared to the mj9 . And if you could. Please check the version of s note they use in the ml1 version

Btoulidene

Feb 23, 2014
That's great . Planning on cooking an ultra light rom for sm p601?? And I just updated to the ml1 firmware and it's really fast. . Except for s note which lags while I am writing. . . No such problem with lecture notes or papyrus. . Could you help me out here??? I seriously like the features of s note but can't use it cause of this problem. :( any idea on what the issue could be

BarryH_GEG

Jan 16, 2009
Spokane, Washington
You guys are spinning your wheels. The ROM code and build date don't really matter. Both can vary from region-to-region. Samsung-updates posts the change list on their site. As you can see, all the ROMs you're discussing have the same change list (contents) even though the ROM codes and build dates vary. My MJ4 ROM is actually more current than the ML1 ROM you're discussing because it's got a later change list. Additionally, Samsung restricts content based on region. For example, my TTT (Trinidad) P-601 can't access Samsung Music and I had to side load Hub, Video, and Games to gain access to them. So when you're swapping from one region to another you're also affecting the content available on your device.

http://samsung-updates.com/device/?id=SM-P601

Btoulidene

Feb 23, 2014
But look at the build date. .. It's December for the ml1 firmware and October (the same month the tablet was released) for the mj4. Plus there is no wake up lag and I can find an increase in overall performance. . Which means ml1 is the latest and greatest . If it were not so. . The clean rom developer wouldn't be sticking to the ml1 firmware. .

BarryH_GEG

Jan 16, 2009
Spokane, Washington
But look at the build date. .. It's December for the ml1 firmware and October (the same month the tablet was released) for the mj4. Plus there is no wake up lag and I can find an increase in overall performance. . Which means ml1 is the latest and greatest . If it were not so. . The clean rom developer wouldn't be sticking to the ml1 firmware. .

What difference does it make when it's packaged? And what difference does it make what ROM code is applied when a release is built off the same code base? Believe what you want but ROMs with the same change list are all built off the same code base.

Reactions: Btoulidene

Btoulidene

Feb 23, 2014
Could be . I'm no expert in the field. . :(. . . How is mj4 firmware working for ya??

orlandson

Jun 24, 2013
New ML1

My P601 is much better, with much less lag with ML1 PGU (changelist 2354411).
That is my first Android Tablet and was very regreted, but now I'm liking that. :victory:
The AntuTu improved from 32267 to 33704, but it is much better (minimal lag).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SMP600 = Wifi
    SMP601 = 3G
    SMP605 = LTE
    Am using the ML1 rom on my P601 without any issues.

What difference does it make when it's packaged? And what difference does it make what ROM code is applied when a release is built off the same code base? Believe what you want but ROMs with the same change list are all built off the same code base.