Need fix: Mobile Odin Modem Flash borked phone, now stuck. Offering bounty

Search This thread

jrkart99

Mar 4, 2010
So I have read flashed, read some more and I have gotten nowhere in 5 hours. Going to reach out here:

Situation: used Mobile Odin to flash the 4.4 modem from Fenny's 4.4.2 Stock ROM with MK2, (I'm a dumbass). Upon reboot I would get the SG4 logo then the blue mobile odin logo, then freeze. Was able to get into TW 2.7 but nothing would write, would say that it appeared that ROM wasn't rooted. Odin'd cf-auto, brought me back to stock recovery, odin'd TW 2.6.3.1 so now i'm back into custom. Went to go to one of my backups on my extSD, and it restored. Now I'm stuck at the SG4 logo. Attempted to flash firmware back to AMDL to start over..... nothing is happening. Still stuck on logo. Looking for any suggestions, $20 bounty for a fix

Skipjacks

Nov 1, 2011
Baltimore
So I have read flashed, read some more and I have gotten nowhere in 5 hours. Going to reach out here:

Situation: used Mobile Odin to flash the 4.4 modem from Fenny's 4.4.2 Stock ROM with MK2, (I'm a dumbass). Upon reboot I would get the SG4 logo then the blue mobile odin logo, then freeze. Was able to get into TW 2.7 but nothing would write, would say that it appeared that ROM wasn't rooted. Odin'd cf-auto, brought me back to stock recovery, odin'd TW 2.6.3.1 so now i'm back into custom. Went to go to one of my backups on my extSD, and it restored. Now I'm stuck at the SG4 logo. Attempted to flash firmware back to AMDL to start over..... nothing is happening. Still stuck on logo. Looking for any suggestions, $20 bounty for a fix

First off, please don't post the same question in multiple threads. The Help thread where you posted this was plenty.

Second, try this.

If you are able to get back into recovery, get back to the part where you had twrp 2.6.3.1.

Then restore your backed up rom like you said you already did. (You may still be at that point, but it's not clear if you overwrote that restore when you tried to use Odin.)

Once you are back at that point, wipe cache and dalvik from your restored rom. See if it boots then.

jrkart99

Mar 4, 2010
First off, please don't post the same question in multiple threads. The Help thread where you posted this was plenty.

Second, try this.

If you are able to get back into recovery, get back to the part where you had twrp 2.6.3.1.

Then restore your backed up rom like you said you already did. (You may still be at that point, but it's not clear if you overwrote that restore when you tried to use Odin.)

Once you are back at that point, wipe cache and dalvik from your restored rom. See if it boots then.

Sorry, a moment of frustration, I'm usually better than this. I factory wiped on 2.7.0.1, (I installed that since I can't do anything else at the moment) and I'm still stuck. do I dl a rom and try to abd push it?

elesbb

Jun 20, 2010
Sorry, a moment of frustration, I'm usually better than this. I factory wiped on 2.7.0.1, (I installed that since I can't do anything else at the moment) and I'm still stuck. do I dl a rom and try to abd push it?

I would recommend downloading the official 4.2.2 tar file and flashing it via Odin from your computer. What bootloader are you on? With the device powered off, press and hold the volume down button, while holding the volume down button, press the power button to turn on your device. Once it vibrates, release the power button. It will prompt you to press volume up to enter download mode, or volume down to cancel and restart. Press volume up. If you do not have Knox use the 4.2.2 tar file and flash that. It seems like your partitions tables are screwed up. So flashing the official tar file will reset that. Afterwards, you will need to flash your custom recovery again through Odin. Then restoring your backups should work.

jrkart99

Mar 4, 2010
I would recommend downloading the official 4.2.2 tar file and flashing it via Odin from your computer. What bootloader are you on? With the device powered off, press and hold the volume down button, while holding the volume down button, press the power button to turn on your device. Once it vibrates, release the power button. It will prompt you to press volume up to enter download mode, or volume down to cancel and restart. Press volume up. If you do not have Knox use the 4.2.2 tar file and flash that. It seems like your partitions tables are screwed up. So flashing the official tar file will reset that. Afterwards, you will need to flash your custom recovery again through Odin. Then restoring your backups should work.

Where would i find the official tar? How would i find the bootloader info? I was on mk2. I know I have knox after going to the offical rom

Last edited:

elesbb

Jun 20, 2010

This is the tar file you will need. Flash this in Odin on your PC and let it do its thing. Then reboot back to download and flash your custom recovery. If you try to boot after flashing official tar, it won't boot. You will need to wipe data and the original factory recovery, if you wipe data using that, it will also wipe your internal sd card as well.

---------- Post added at 09:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

Here is a good "How To" thread as well.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2258628

jrkart99

Mar 4, 2010
This is the tar file you will need. Flash this in Odin on your PC and let it do its thing. Then reboot back to download and flash your custom recovery. If you try to boot after flashing official tar, it won't boot. You will need to wipe data and the original factory recovery, if you wipe data using that, it will also wipe your internal sd card as well.

---------- Post added at 09:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

Here is a good "How To" thread as well.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2258628

awesome! I found that thread a few posts back and there was no file. I found it on the web. I am flashing now.

jrkart99

Mar 4, 2010
Survey says,... Flashed an official tmo tar.md5 file via odin and everything went alright there. immediately went back into dl mode and put in tw 2.7.0.1 back in and booted into that no problem. Factory wiped. Restoring insanity rebirth 4.3,... watching louisville slide in the 2nd,... refresh beer,.. watching louisville regroup,.. kinda,... and,.... after 1 min still stuck at the s4 logo screen.

elesbb

Jun 20, 2010
Survey says,... Flashed an official tmo tar.md5 file via odin and everything went alright there. immediately went back into dl mode and put in tw 2.7.0.1 back in and booted into that no problem. Factory wiped. Restoring insanity rebirth 4.3,... watching louisville slide in the 2nd,... refresh beer,.. watching louisville regroup,.. kinda,... and,.... after 1 min still stuck at the s4 logo screen.

Grab a 4.3 kernel and reflash your kernel. If its stuck at the logo screen its more than likely a kernel issue, if stuck at boot animation, its a ROM issue.

jrkart99

Mar 4, 2010

yes. So after i went back to stock I got it up and running. I then went back to restore insanity 4.3, got the logo freeze again. went back into my original stock back up got it running again,... dl latest insanity 4.4 and flashed new kernal with rom and its fine. pm me a pay pal or email and i'll send you 20.

elesbb

Jun 20, 2010
yes. So after i went back to stock I got it up and running. I then went back to restore insanity 4.3, got the logo freeze again. went back into my original stock back up got it running again,... dl latest insanity 4.4 and flashed new kernal with rom and its fine. pm me a pay pal or email and i'll send you 20.

I have a donate button if you really want to. I appreciate it! :)
here is a direct link too.
http://xdaforums.com/donatetome.php?u=2675647