How do I extract ringtones from a Nokia Lumia phone or ROM?

Search This thread

oryan_dunn

Dec 23, 2010
I've got a Lumia 620 on the crappy aio/cricket carrier that won't update past Amber. I do like a couple of the aio ringtones that I'd like to extract before I flash to one of the EU CV ROMs. I've got the phone with the aio Amber firmware installed as well as the aio Amber ROM from the Nokia Software Suite.

GoodDayToDie

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2011
Seattle
If the ringtones are stored in or under the C:\Windows directory, you can extract them with my webserver app. If not, your odds aren't good since you don't have interop-unlock. You could extract them using JTAG, but that's expensive and tricky.

Reactions: oryan_dunn

oryan_dunn

Dec 23, 2010
If the ringtones are stored in or under the C:\Windows directory, you can extract them with my webserver app. If not, your odds aren't good since you don't have interop-unlock. You could extract them using JTAG, but that's expensive and tricky.

I presume the webserver app is the one linked I your sig?

oryan_dunn

Dec 23, 2010
I got the webserver app installed and can browse the files under C:\Windows. Now, does anyone have any idea where the ringtones may be stored? Is there any way to search via this webapp file browser?

DilanChd

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 12, 2012
Paris
I got the webserver app installed and can browse the files under C:\Windows. Now, does anyone have any idea where the ringtones may be stored? Is there any way to search via this webapp file browser?
You can also dump a rom and see on "C:\Programs\CommonFiles\Sounds".
Open the .wma and .wva with VLC or WMP.

Last edited:
Reactions: oryan_dunn

Top Liked Posts