screen

Search This thread
B

bublz654

hey there. I put my moto g into my pocket and was left there for a few hours while I was walking around. I got dust in the dip between the screen and outer case. I got a piece of paper stuck in there as well. does anyone know how to get it out (where I live they don't sell compressed air)

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Clarkiieh

Mar 13, 2013
OnePlus 6T
Your worried about dust in the tiny gap between the screen and the phone edges, the moto g is splash proof meaning no Dust or Water can get behind the screen, so don't worry. And certainly don't use paper to try scrape it out. Try getting a pin or sowing needle to pick the paper out but be carful not to damage the screen I for one hate scratches!!

Sent from my XT1032 using XDA Free mobile app

B

bublz654

Your worried about dust in the tiny gap between the screen and the phone edges, the moto g is splash proof meaning no Dust or Water can get behind the screen, so don't worry. And certainly don't use paper to try scrape it out. Try getting a pin or sowing needle to pick the paper out but be carful not to damage the screen I for one hate scratches!!

ah that's OK. I thought the dust was going to get under the screen. I tried a pin before but it was to thick. the piece of paper stuck in between looks horrible and I want to get rid of it asap lol

B

bublz654

I was trying to get it out using a blade it went in but wouldn't go down fully to get dusty out

Clarkiieh

Mar 13, 2013
OnePlus 6T
Do you have a pound shop? You can get USB hoovers for keyboard that might work, don't use a normal hoover though you can damage the screen and pull the LCD crystals out
Creating dead pixels.micro fiber cloth maybe?

B

bublz654

Do you have a pound shop? You can get USB hoovers for keyboard that might work, don't use a normal hoover though you can damage the screen and pull the LCD crystals out
Creating dead pixels.micro fiber cloth maybe?

yeah we have pound shop but they don't sell them. micro fiber cloth is to thick

mrcorey

Mar 12, 2012
Try masking tape. It works for lint and pet hair

Javier P

May 3, 2014
I use an small paint brush. Put the phone facing down and blow gently while brushing. Works for me

Sent from my XT1033 using XDA Free mobile app

liveroy

Jun 8, 2007
/dev/null
www.gear-bg.com
Use a tooth brush, some cheap one with harder fibers.It won't scratch the glass, but it will remove the paper. Use it a bit at an angle so the fibers can get into the gap between the glass and the bezel.