How much time i should wait?

Search This thread

eskorpiao112

Jan 31, 2012
Coimbra
Guys, i want to install CM11 in my Galaxy SIII (GT-i9300) but i have affraid that in the future the phone may breaks and i need the warranty to repair it. So how much time do you think that i should wait before doing modifications to my phone. I bought my Galaxy SIII In the end of march 28 of march i think.

Please give me answers. I'm tired of this touchwizz crap being slow -.-

Reactions: foggydisaster

foggydisaster

May 2, 2012
Kiev
Guys, i want to install CM11 in my Galaxy SIII (GT-i9300) but i have affraid that in the future the phone may breaks and i need the warranty to repair it. So how much time do you think that i should wait before doing modifications to my phone. I bought my Galaxy SIII In the end of march 28 of march i think.

I think if you are confident enough to do the modifications you should do it, what can happen is a soft brick which can be fixed with Odin. Hardware bricks are rare. Though you should decide for yourself, the only thing I'm telling you is that there's no point to wait as long as you want to do it and you know what you're doing. If you need help you can ask me anytime

Reactions: eskorpiao112

eskorpiao112

Jan 31, 2012
Coimbra
I think if you are confident enough to do the modifications you should do it, what can happen is a soft brick which can be fixed with Odin. Hardware bricks are rare. Though you should decide for yourself, the only thing I'm telling you is that there's no point to wait as long as you want to do it and you know what you're doing. If you need help you can ask me anytime

I have affraid of problems on hardware, like screen or touch that doesn't work or motherboard burned (sudden death problems for example) :rolleyes:

ghostofcain

Nov 25, 2009
Birkenhead
Google Pixel 8
Sudden death shouldn't be a problem with newer firmwares, but other hardware issues are relatively rare, so I'd go ahead my phone stayed stock for approximately 6 - 7 hours.

Sent from my GT-I9300

ghostofcain

Nov 25, 2009
Birkenhead
Google Pixel 8
No never. I had a SanDisk SD card fail on me, but that was replaced under warranty but nothing Samsung related.

But it's your warranty so bear in mind that they may reject any claim, although in the UK the fact that you've modified software does not give them the right to decline a hardware claim.

Sent from my GT-I9300

Last edited:

eskorpiao112

Jan 31, 2012
Coimbra
No never. I had a SanDisk SD card fail on me, but that was replaced under warranty but nothing Samsung related.

But it's your warranty so bear in mind that they may reject any claim, although in the UK the fact that you've modified software does not give them the right to decline a hardware claim.

Sent from my GT-I9300

I am portuguese and i live in portugal. And i have affraid of losing the warrant and my phone brokes and i don't have warranty

foggydisaster

May 2, 2012
Kiev
I am portuguese and i live in portugal. And i have affraid of losing the warrant and my phone brokes and i don't have warranty

I don't think you should be that afraid of doing it. The chance of a fail is very low and the sudden death syndrome has been fixed long time ago. If you really want it, give it a shot... Personally I've never had any hardware related problems while flashing ROMs
And also the European buyer protection law is on your side

eskorpiao112

Jan 31, 2012
Coimbra
I don't think you should be that afraid of doing it. The chance of a fail is very low and the sudden death syndrome has been fixed long time ago. If you really want it, give it a shot... Personally I've never had any hardware related problems while flashing ROMs

So you trust in that cyanogenmod installer?

ghostofcain

Nov 25, 2009
Birkenhead
Google Pixel 8
Actually I've never used it. I did the zip way xD
if you need help with that I can help you.

I'm with you there, if you do it by hand you should have a better idea of what is going on, and imho if you don't have the time to learn what's involved then you should query whether you really want to go down the custom root

Sent from my GT-I9300

eskorpiao112

Jan 31, 2012
Coimbra
I'm with you there, if you do it by hand you should have a better idea of what is going on, and imho if you don't have the time to learn what's involved then you should query whether you really want to go down the custom root

Sent from my GT-I9300

I usually install custom roms on my phones but this phone was expensive and i dont want to lose the warranty

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Free mobile app

ghostofcain

Nov 25, 2009
Birkenhead
Google Pixel 8
I usually install custom roms on my phones but this phone was expensive and i dont want to lose the warranty

Then don't do it, although I went custom route from day 1 I was using stock based roms until recently, this is the first Android device I actually felt comfortable using stock even if it was a little flabby.

Stick a launcher on and look around here there is a lot you can do without even rooting your device, there really is no hurry to do anything.

Sent from my GT-I9300

eskorpiao112

Jan 31, 2012
Coimbra
Then don't do it, although I went custom route from day 1 I was using stock based roms until recently, this is the first Android device I actually felt comfortable using stock even if it was a little flabby.

Stick a launcher on and look around here there is a lot you can do without even rooting your device, there really is no hurry to do anything.

Sent from my GT-I9300

Yes. And with the update cancelled i will wait for some update.

Jumaqidi

Dec 3, 2013
when u are ready to root and flash custom rom, flash a custom recovery like cwm too. NANDROID BACK UP straight away after flashing custom recovery. The cyanogenmod installer is safe to use. I have personally used it and it was smooth. Back up ur efs too. If u dun know wat is efs, go read on it. Good luck rooting and flashing. It is safe unless u dun follow instructions or read carefully.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

So you trust in that cyanogenmod installer?

Actually I've never used it. I did the zip way xD
    if you need help with that I can help you.

Just take your time in thinking... One can never think too much xD

Ahah dude. I will wait more time for doing changes. :)