Originally Posted by alterbridge86
Hey Everyone! So long story short, I ended up picking up a 8.9 tab and now we have a 100% confirmed working ClockworkMod Recovery!
So, quick and dirty instructions for users WITHOUT
any form of CWM recovery on their device:
1) Download the attached ClockworkMod_Recovery_v18.104.22.168.tar
2) Reboot the tab into download mode
3) Fire up Odin 1.85 and put the ClockworkMod_Recovery_v22.214.171.124.tar in the PDA field.
5) Reboot into ClockworkMod Recovery
Quick and dirty instructions for users WITH
some form of CWM recovery on their device:
1) Download the attached ClockworkMod_Recovery_v126.96.36.199.zip to your device
2) Reboot the tab into recovery
3) Install the zip
If, for any reason, you want to return to the stock recovery, simply download the P73xx_Stock_Recovery.tar and follow the instructions above (with odin)!
DISCLAIMER: THIS WILL NOT WORK WITH LTE TABS!
This ClockworkMod_Recovery version will cause an "assert" problem when flashing new ROMs. It is adviced to install one of these: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...54&postcount=2