[ROM][07/06/12] i927(r)_2.06.07_OsiMood - Light gets Lighter

Search This thread

romanr

Nov 9, 2009
Gimme deodexed Talk2.apk plz (with libs & deps of course)

Try placing the talk2.apk in the /system/app folder through ES File Explorer (or any other root explorer) and try to open it.. it will install..
Ok.
1. Talk2.apk from any available rom in this forum is odex-ed, so it won't work.
2. I made the deodexed one and signed it with some test default key.
3. I installed it like another app - it doesn't work.
4. I installed it on /system/app, /system/lib - it doesn't work either.
5. I did research why it doesn't work - it appears that talk requires permission which is protected by "signature" protection level, which means my APK should be signed with the same key to gain access to the permission.
That's why I'm asking.
Either somebody give me please Talk2.apk which works in this ROM or sign please my package.
You have to create a patch for that, I will not make addition to the rom unless it is a shared feature.
Well, I think Talk is no less shared feature as Gmail or Vending. Including it in the ROM is the simplest way of distribution. Carpe, may be you change desicion?

CarpeNoctem

Mar 10, 2007
Copenhagen
www.osimood.com
Ok.
1. Talk2.apk from any available rom in this forum is odex-ed, so it won't work.
2. I made the deodexed one and signed it with some test default key.
3. I installed it like another app - it doesn't work.
4. I installed it on /system/app, /system/lib - it doesn't work either.
5. I did research why it doesn't work - it appears that talk requires permission which is protected by "signature" protection level, which means my APK should be signed with the same key to gain access to the permission.
That's why I'm asking.
Either somebody give me please Talk2.apk which works in this ROM or sign please my package.

Well, I think Talk is no less shared feature as Gmail or Vending. Including it in the ROM is the simplest way of distribution. Carpe, may be you change desicion?
Did you try the apj from the original rom posted on my site, this is an untouched rom and the base of my provided rom so same signature and all the rest

projeqht

Feb 5, 2012
Have any of you noticed that after taking any picture with camera and viewing it in Gallery, the overall picture appears to be either "darkened" and later "brightens up" randomly?

I have not confirmed if it only happens to only camera pictures or just any pictures as well...

romanr

Nov 9, 2009
Swap internal & external SD cards

In case somebody wants to swap sdcard & external_sd here is my vold.fstab (attached)

Attachments

• sd-ext-swap-system.tar
    10 KB · Views: 77
  • sd-ext-orig-system.tar
    10 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Reactions: enewman17

romanr

Nov 9, 2009
Additional xbin tools (htop openvpn ssh dropbear tcpdump ...)

In case smebody need additional tools
Code:
bash         htop   nc.other   openvpn        sftp-server  tcpdump
daemonize    irssi  netperf    openvpn-up.sh  sqlite3      unyaffs
dropbear     lsof   netserver  rsync          ssh          vim
dropbearkey  nano   openssl    scp            strace
here they are (attached). Taken from from CM7.1 for SGS2 (ARMv7 but works) http://download.cyanogenmod.com/?type=stable&device=galaxys2 http://download.cyanogenmod.com/get/update-cm-7.1.0-GalaxyS2-signed.zip, bash CM6.1 for HTC Dream (ARMv6) http://download.cyanogenmod.com/?type=stable&device=dream_sapphire http://download.cyanogenmod.com/get/update-cm-6.1.0-DS-signed.zip.

This set is exactly for OsiMood v2.02.14.
For other versions apply at your own risk.

Attachments

• xbin-add-system.tar
    6.9 MB · Views: 15
Last edited:

VinayS

Jan 16, 2011
Bangalore
Ok.

Did you try the apj from the original rom posted on my site, this is an untouched rom and the base of my provided rom so same signature and all the rest

Thats the one i used.. I installed around 25 removed system apps back..
Simply By Placing it in the /system/app folder and installing..

here's talk2.apk attached..

Attachments

• Talk2.apk
    1.6 MB · Views: 20
Reactions: romanr

J!K

Aug 3, 2011
Reno, NV
Can anybody let me get the task manager widget i really miss having this handy widget

Sent from my SAMSUNG Captivate Glide using XDA App

romanr

Nov 9, 2009
resolv.conf for busybox DNS resolver

Code:
$ wget http://www.google.com/
wget: www.google.com: bad address
$ traceroute www.google.com
traceroute: www.google.com: bad address
busybox uses /etc/resolv.conf for DNS.
I've attached (only for OsiMood v2.02.14, TWAYD for others).

Attachments

• resolv-system.tar
    10 KB · Views: 8

romanr

Nov 9, 2009
Can't delete or modify APN

APN settings app is broken.
1. It's possible to add APN but not to modify or delete. Long-press on the apn does not do anything.
2. Restore to default hangs, then entire app becomes blocked by rotating progress thing. Unable to terminate.

---------- Post added at 04:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:17 PM ----------

actually not a big problem - data works fine, settings may be wiped using sqlite3 tool (com.google.telephony.provider/databases/telephony.db)

gabby131

Sep 20, 2010
Winnipeg, MB Canada
1. It's possible to add APN but not to modify or delete. Long-press on the apn does not do anything.
2. Restore to default hangs, then entire app becomes blocked by rotating progress thing. Unable to terminate.

---------- Post added at 04:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:17 PM ----------

actually not a big problem - data works fine, settings may be wiped using sqlite3 tool (com.google.telephony.provider/databases/telephony.db)

I will try and replicate that.....i am used to APN backup and restore and restoring my old apn's for it's the same from my cappy and infuse.

EDIT: I assume the error is when you manually add APN (settings > wireless and network > mobile network > Access Point Names > menu then "Add APN"), after you created, you can't edit, even tap spamming does not work...

VinayS

Jan 16, 2011
Bangalore
2. Restore to default hangs, then entire app becomes blocked by rotating progress thing. Unable to terminate.)

I assume the error is when you manually add APN (settings > wireless and network > mobile network > Access Point Names > menu then "Add APN"), after you created, you can't edit, even tap spamming does not work...

I was also facing the same problem.. Used few APN Eiting apps available in marked for modifying and deleting..

However it is only for the first APN Setting where editing is not possible.
Hence i created a dummy APN first which i am not using..
From Second APN Onwards you can delete and modify.

rafeee2

Oct 19, 2007
Awesome ROM

I just love this! Goodbye AT&T and Google bloat! I'm currently staying in Kuwait so we do not have Google Navigation here, so I installed the Brut Google Maps "Ownhere" thing and it's working perfectly with the stock Samsung speech engine.

Just one thing, does anyone know how I can add RTL (alignment and connected letters) for Arabic language? I found a guide here (blogDOTdevasqueDOTcom/how-to-apply-patch/) which made me end up with a soft bricked phone :D

CarpeNoctem

Mar 10, 2007
Copenhagen
www.osimood.com
I was also facing the same problem.. Used few APN Eiting apps available in marked for modifying and deleting..

However it is only for the first APN Setting where editing is not possible.
Hence i created a dummy APN first which i am not using..
From Second APN Onwards you can delete and modify.
Sorry guys, I was a few days off focusing on my site, hope you like it

For this error it appeared for me in several rom without apparent reasons I use an app to manage that, it is a shame, but until some good dev want to help me in compiling CM7...

Lookin4Trouble

Jan 26, 2012
Do not announce device model to Market App?

Carpe

it may be a re-flash with some subtle changes, is there any way to remove device model reporting to Market App? I'm tired of trying to download applications and getting the "This application not supported on your device Hurr-Durr!" popup BS. I'm a big boy, if the app(s) don't work, I uninstall no problem. My only other choice is to blackmarket the .apk and force install via Titanium, and then I'm not really giving anything back to the developers...

Thanks
L4T

CarpeNoctem

Mar 10, 2007
Copenhagen
www.osimood.com
Carpe

it may be a re-flash with some subtle changes, is there any way to remove device model reporting to Market App? I'm tired of trying to download applications and getting the "This application not supported on your device Hurr-Durr!" popup BS. I'm a big boy, if the app(s) don't work, I uninstall no problem. My only other choice is to blackmarket the .apk and force install via Titanium, and then I'm not really giving anything back to the developers...

Thanks
L4T
I never had this issue, what app gives you this message??

Lookin4Trouble

Jan 26, 2012
I never had this issue, what app gives you this message??

A couple of games, specifically ones from NGMOCO. I search for them in the market, they don't appear in search results, but I had them before on other devices, so they are in my computer browser results - if I try to push them from there, that's when I get the message about incompatible device.

Thanks for your help!

CarpeNoctem

Mar 10, 2007
Copenhagen
www.osimood.com
A couple of games, specifically ones from NGMOCO. I search for them in the market, they don't appear in search results, but I had them before on other devices, so they are in my computer browser results - if I try to push them from there, that's when I get the message about incompatible device.

Thanks for your help!
which phone did you have before ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am very happy to propose you the FIRST custom rom for the Samsung Captivate Glide!
    This rom is based on the released rom RUXKJ5 and work for both American and Canadian phones. The system has been made as light as possible and all "unnecessary" application has been removed.
    READ CAREFULLY:
    • This rom does include a kernel
    • Installing this rom will WIPE your device
    • You need ClockWorkMOD to install this ROM
    • You are doing this at your own risks
    Rom Description:
    • This rom is my daily driver, I like my phone, clean without anybloatware or unneccessary app or widgets from ATT/Rogers or Samsung
    • Based on firmware RUXKJ5- Android Gingerbread 2.3.5
    • Zipaligned / Deodexed
    • Rooted - latest version
    • Removed all unnecessary applications - see second post

Latest version 2.02.14:

Careful, the new version will WIPE your phone, make a backup!

I am not asking for donation but press the thanks button and please Vote for this thread too
    Credits:
    • utkanos, for his CWN, his time, patience and advice! Thanks man!
    • ardatdat, for his kernel and the time he dedicated helping me to un-brick my phone
    • hansip87 for his tutorial and help on the Swipe to remove mod
    • mendozinas, for his online kitchen
    • dsixda, for his kitchen

Before asking a question, use this button
    searchi.jpg

and watch this , thanks:

Any update on sharing the APK's? :)
    LOL at least you know what you want: here is the original deodexed rom: www.osimood.com/download/rom/samsung/i927/OsiMood/i927_OsiMood_v0_Origins.zip
    Take all the apk you need

feel free to press the "thanks" button
    v2.06.07
    v2.02.14
    v2.01.30
    • Phone FC - Fixed
    • Camera FC - Fixed
    • Google Search - Fixed
    • More unnecessary files removed
    • ardatdat Kernel v1.1 included
    • Market - Updated
    • Gmail - Updated
    • Ad-away - Updated
    v2.01.26
    • Extended Power Menu - Without confirmation message
    • Root - fixed -
    • Apps folders fixed - Adaway will be install but can be removed
    • busybox
    • APKs are now optimized to gain in speed and size
    • Some more apps removed to have it even lighter
    • Calendar app back
    v2.01.24
    • New Boot and shutdown animation
    • Roboto fonts by default
    • Battery in %
    • Ad-Away include
    • No wipe version

Applications Removed:
    Code:
    AnalogClock.apk
    BuddiesNow.apk
    ChocoEUKor.apk
    CSC.apk
    Days.apk
    DigitalClock.apk
    Divx.apk
    Dlna.apk
    DualClock.apk
    EmailWidget.apk
    FBAndroid.apk
    GameHub.apk
    GenieWidget.apk
    GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk
    install_flash_player.apk
    Kies.apk
    KiesAir.apk
    Kobo.apk
    LiveWallpapers.apk
    Maps.apk
    Memo.apk
    Microbesgl.apk
    MiniDiary.apk
    MobilePrint.apk
    MyFiles.apk
    PanningTryActually.apk
    PostIt.apk
    PressReader.apk
    Protips.apk
    rogers_myaccount_109.apk
    RogersLive-Prod-v1_4build51-key1.apk
    Samsung-Willow-Rogers-Shop.apk
    SamsungApps.apk
    SamsungAppsUNA3.apk
    SamsungWidget_News.apk
    SamsungWidget_ProgramMonitor.apk
    SamsungWidget_StockClock.apk
    SamsungWidget_WeatherClock.apk
    SecretWallpaper1.apk
    SecretWallpaper2.apk
    ShareApp.apk
    SnsAccountFb.apk
    SnsAccountLi.apk
    SnsAccountTw.apk
    SocialHub.apk
    Street.apk
    Talk2.apk
    talkback.apk
    TouchWizCalculator.apk
    TrimApp.apk
    urMusicV2-Generic-ZA.apk
    urMusicWidget-release-Samsung-v2.apk
    VideoPlayer.apk
    YouTube.apk
    Zinio.apk
    Is it possible for you to give me the link as soon as you find a pc?I really need them

This is my guide for the Glide.

At the bottom you'll find the link for bloat

Feel free to hit thanks...nearing 100 :)
    Thanks for integrating my kernel :)

Not offensive, just a minor suggestion that the ROM should not wipe DATA automatically. It is not so common to see a ROM that will wipe out data partition. Instead, a tutorial should be presented on how to wipe data inside CWM.

Great first ROM for the Glide! Thanks for your contribution :cool: