ASUS TF700T unlock and root JB 4.2.1 stock

Search This thread

rickymh19

Apr 17, 2013
FOR ANYONE THAT EITHER JUST BOUGHT THE TF700 OR UPGRADED OTA TO 4.2.1 JB AND WANTS TO UNLOCK AND/OR ROOT THE DEVICE
LINKS WILL BE AVAILABLE.

WARNING: UNLOCKING THE DEVICE WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY WITH ASUS, I DONT KNOW IF IT WILL VOID IT WITH SQUARETRADE OR OTHER WARRANTIES. ALSO, I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES TO ANY TABLET, EVEN THOUGH I HAD NO TROUBLE OR PROBLEMS WHATSOEVER.
(ROOTING IS REVERSIBLE AND DOES NOT VOID WARRANTY)

TO UNLOCK
TO UNLOCK THE DEVICE, GO AND USE THE ASUS UNLOCK TOOL FROM THEIR WEBSITE.
CLICK THE LINK PROVIDED
CHOOSE OS: ANDROID
UNDER "UTILITES" THE SECOND SAYS VERSION 7 ASUS UNLOCK TOOL (YES I'M AWARE IT SAYS FOR ICS ONLY BUT I HAVE TRIED IT AND IT WORKS WITH JB 4.2.1)
DOWNLOAD IT EITHER FROM THE TABLET ITSELF OR LOAD IT TO AN SD CARD.
IT IS AN APK FILE SO IT WILL INSTALL AS AN APP.
RUN IT, AND *SCROLL DOWN TO THE END* ON THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, AND AGREE TO IT. THE TABLET WILL REBOOT AND ON THE TOP LEFT CORNER IT WILL SAY "UNLOCKING DEVICE" GIVE IT 5 MINS DONT FREAK OUT. ONCE DONE, IT WILL SAY "DEVICE UNLOCKED" AND THERE YOU GO. YOU'RE OFFICIALLY UNLOCKED!!

If you are going to install custom ROMS, after unlocking and rooting, you need to install TWRP. I suggest to install GOOMANAGER from the playstore and doin it from there. Just click on the right corner and choose install openrecovery script and choosing twrp.

LINK TO ASUS WEBSITE: http://support.asus.com/download.as...Infinity+TF700T&os=&hashedid=fq2B3oq64av1O95u

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
TO JUST ROOT YOUR DEVICE

TO ROOT YOUR DEVICE ON 4.2.1 JB
FIRST PREPARE YOUR TABLET,
GO TO SETTING, UNDER SYSTEM CLICK ON "DEVELOPER OPTIONS" AND MAKE SURE YOU HAVE CHECKED THE "USB DEBUGGING"
IF YOU DONT HAVE A"DEVELOPER OPTIONS" CLICK ON "ABOUT TABLET" AND WHERE IT SAYS "BUILD NUMBER" CLICK ON IT UNTIL IT SAYS " CONGRATULATIONS NOW YOU ARE A DEVELOPER" IT SHOULD BE AROUND 5-10 TIMES, AFTER THAT YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO SEE THE "DEVELOPER OPTIONS ON THE LEFT" RIGHT ABOVE "ABOUT TABLET" (THEN ENABLE USB DEBUGGING"
NEXT, UNDER "PERSONAL" CLICK THE TAB THAT SAYS "SECURITY" AND ENABLE "UNKNOWN SOURCES"

ONCE DONE WITH THIS, CONNECT YOUR TABLET TO YOUR LAPTOP/PC
DOWNLOAD MOTOCHOPPER FROM THE LINK PROVIED
EXTRACT IT AND RUN THE FILE THAT SAYS "RUN"
ONCE YOU RUN IT JUST FOLLOW THE SIMPLE STEPS ON THE SCREEN
IF ALL GOES WELL, YOUR DEVICE SHOULD BE ROOTED AND YOU SHOULD HAVE SUPERSU INSTALLED

EDIT!: IF YOU UPGRADED OR YOUR TABLET CAME WITH BUILD NUMBER 10.6.1.14.10, MOTOCHOPPER WONT WORK TO ROOT. YOU WILL NEED TO DOWNGRADE TO 10.6.1.14.08 AND THEN ROOT WILL BE AVAILABLE

LINKS FOR MOTOCHOPPER:

http://www.mediafire.com/?f4lipgd1hh3jug2
(I ATTACHED THE LINK TO THIS FORUM AS WELL JUST IN CASE)

PLEASE ASK ANY AND ALL QUESTIONS I WILL BE GLADLY TO ANSWER THEM TO THE BEST OF MY KNOWLEDGE, IF NOT I WILL HELP YOU FIND THE ANSWER.

ALSO, I WOULD LIKE TO THANK ALL XDA FORUM MEMBERS AND DEV AND MODERATORS FOR HELPING ME LEARN.

SPECIAL THANKS TO
FOR GUIDING ME IN TIME OF NEED
FOR HELPING
FOR HELPING FINDING OUT IT WORKS
FOR PROVIDING DOWNLOAD LINKS TO MOTOCHOPPER

Attachments

• motochopper.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 14,419
Last edited:

montclair

Mar 23, 2011
Stupid easy (locked-root)

Enable USB debugging.

Plug in TF700T.

Windows 7 loaded all of the drivers.

D/L the file.

Extract.

Double click run.bat.

Answer a couple of questions.

Root in under a minute.

:cool::):cool::laugh::victory:

Last edited:

taphius

Jan 5, 2010
Thanks for the motochopper link. Worked perfect on my 4.2.1 tf700, could not have been easier.

Runs a whole lot better with all the bloat frozen and memory cache tweaks.

darkskoliro

Sep 15, 2011
Wont Root

Hey :) Haven't dont any rooting on the TF700 yet, so bear with me.

Did a 4.2 OTA update (stock)
Unlocked it,
Used Motochopper

But stuck on
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *

:( Help?
Thanks in Advance!

rickymh19

Apr 17, 2013
Hey :) Haven't dont any rooting on the TF700 yet, so bear with me.

Did a 4.2 OTA update (stock)
Unlocked it,
Used Motochopper

But stuck on
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *

:( Help?
Thanks in Advance!

when you're running motochopper, you get that message?
if so, make sure you have "usb debugging" enabled under setting>developer options.
also, try reinstalling the drivers for the tf700
connect it via usb, before running motochopper, on the folder of motochopper there is
a file that says "adb" run that before running the "run" file.

usually that message is for a bad driver or because adb isnt reading your tablet.

hope that helps keep me updated.

darkskoliro

Sep 15, 2011
when you're running motochopper, you get that message?
if so, make sure you have "usb debugging" enabled under setting>developer options.
also, try reinstalling the drivers for the tf700
connect it via usb, before running motochopper, on the folder of motochopper there is
a file that says "adb" run that before running the "run" file.

usually that message is for a bad driver or because adb isnt reading your tablet.

hope that helps keep me updated.

Hey :) thanks for the reply, but still nothing! :*(
I have done everything but install new drivers. (My drivers are working properly)
But is there a chance there are 4.2 drivers? Which might be the problem? Not sure..

rickymh19

Apr 17, 2013
Hey :) thanks for the reply, but still nothing! :*(
I have done everything but install new drivers. (My drivers are working properly)
But is there a chance there are 4.2 drivers? Which might be the problem? Not sure..

Hmm...I would suggest deleting the drivers, and downloading the drivers from the Asus website. And then make sure your ADB can find your tablet. Run the adb file first and then the run file. You should have no problem. Try cold booting your device as well and make make sure you have usb debugging checked.
If this fails, the most probable solution would be going to another thread and downloading the debugfs tool for tf700. I'm not at my computer now so I can't give you the direct link. But if you search for it you'll find it. I did a while back.

Keep me updated.

BethyM

Oct 21, 2009
That is the quickest and easiest root I've ever done on a device! Thanks for keeping it simple :) :good::good:

tgatlinjr

Jul 5, 2010
Arlington Texas
HI -

I followed the instructions on this thread and was ulocked/rooted in less than five minutes - installed TWRP - made a nandroid backup - then did something I am afraid was incredibly stupid. I was going to do a wipe per instructions before installing a ROM and I selected "Advanced" and wiped everything instead of just doing a factory wipe.

Now when powered on it is stuck at the ASUS initial screen.

Hoping this can be fixed - can anyone help me out.

Thanks!

Ted

berndblb

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
HI -

I followed the instructions on this thread and was ulocked/rooted in less than five minutes - installed TWRP - made a nandroid backup - then did something I am afraid was incredibly stupid. I was going to do a wipe per instructions before installing a ROM and I selected "Advanced" and wiped everything instead of just doing a factory wipe.

Thanks!

Ted

If you had a rom downloaded, you wiped it :)
Download the rom you want to flash to a microSD, insert it into your tablet, reboot into TWRP, select the microSD and install the zip.
Make sure you have a compatible recovery and rom combination.
What's your recovery version and what rom do you want to flash?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: rickymh19

johnlgalt

Nov 16, 2009
Atlanta
androidforums.com
Thanks for this. Initially, I was stuck on adb not finding the device - I killed the batch file and then ran
Code:
adb devices
and sure enough, nothing there.

I had to manually uninstall the drivers and then let Windows find them again - this time there was an unknown device, and then Windows found the MTP device and loaded it.

Then it took all of 27 seconds from start to finish lol.

Thanks again - Now I owe Djrbliss yet another contribution....

rickymh19

Apr 17, 2013
If you had a rom downloaded, you wiped it :)
Download the rom you want to flash to a microSD, insert it into your tablet, reboot into TWRP, select the microSD and install the zip.
Make sure you have a compatible recovery and rom combination.
What's your recovery version and what rom do you want to flash?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

HI -

Thanks!

Ted

hey, sorry i took so long to reply, but like bern said, you're in no trouble. just do what he said and you should be fine.
just download the ROM you want or the stock rom of asus (which i wouldnt install. try cromix or parandroid or black bean theyre very good.)
put it on an sd card and boot to recovery. then the twrp should pop up, and install the rom.
if you need help on choosing the options let me know when you'll do it and ill be glad to guide you.

tgatlinjr

Jul 5, 2010
Arlington Texas
Thanks Everyone!

hey, sorry i took so long to reply, but like bern said, you're in no trouble. just do what he said and you should be fine.
just download the ROM you want or the stock rom of asus (which i wouldnt install. try cromix or parandroid or black bean theyre very good.)
put it on an sd card and boot to recovery. then the twrp should pop up, and install the rom.
if you need help on choosing the options let me know when you'll do it and ill be glad to guide you.

Thanks for the replies?

I got every thing up and going again.

Ted

Reactions: berndblb

Rsmin

Feb 22, 2012
This worked great. Finally decided to root my tf700. I appreciate this thread so much.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    FOR ANYONE THAT EITHER JUST BOUGHT THE TF700 OR UPGRADED OTA TO 4.2.1 JB AND WANTS TO UNLOCK AND/OR ROOT THE DEVICE
    LINKS WILL BE AVAILABLE.

WARNING: UNLOCKING THE DEVICE WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY WITH ASUS, I DONT KNOW IF IT WILL VOID IT WITH SQUARETRADE OR OTHER WARRANTIES. ALSO, I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES TO ANY TABLET, EVEN THOUGH I HAD NO TROUBLE OR PROBLEMS WHATSOEVER.
    (ROOTING IS REVERSIBLE AND DOES NOT VOID WARRANTY)

TO UNLOCK
    TO UNLOCK THE DEVICE, GO AND USE THE ASUS UNLOCK TOOL FROM THEIR WEBSITE.
    CLICK THE LINK PROVIDED
    CHOOSE OS: ANDROID
    UNDER "UTILITES" THE SECOND SAYS VERSION 7 ASUS UNLOCK TOOL (YES I'M AWARE IT SAYS FOR ICS ONLY BUT I HAVE TRIED IT AND IT WORKS WITH JB 4.2.1)
    DOWNLOAD IT EITHER FROM THE TABLET ITSELF OR LOAD IT TO AN SD CARD.
    IT IS AN APK FILE SO IT WILL INSTALL AS AN APP.
    RUN IT, AND *SCROLL DOWN TO THE END* ON THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, AND AGREE TO IT. THE TABLET WILL REBOOT AND ON THE TOP LEFT CORNER IT WILL SAY "UNLOCKING DEVICE" GIVE IT 5 MINS DONT FREAK OUT. ONCE DONE, IT WILL SAY "DEVICE UNLOCKED" AND THERE YOU GO. YOU'RE OFFICIALLY UNLOCKED!!

If you are going to install custom ROMS, after unlocking and rooting, you need to install TWRP. I suggest to install GOOMANAGER from the playstore and doin it from there. Just click on the right corner and choose install openrecovery script and choosing twrp.

LINK TO ASUS WEBSITE: http://support.asus.com/download.as...Infinity+TF700T&os=&hashedid=fq2B3oq64av1O95u

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    TO JUST ROOT YOUR DEVICE

TO ROOT YOUR DEVICE ON 4.2.1 JB
    FIRST PREPARE YOUR TABLET,
    GO TO SETTING, UNDER SYSTEM CLICK ON "DEVELOPER OPTIONS" AND MAKE SURE YOU HAVE CHECKED THE "USB DEBUGGING"
    IF YOU DONT HAVE A"DEVELOPER OPTIONS" CLICK ON "ABOUT TABLET" AND WHERE IT SAYS "BUILD NUMBER" CLICK ON IT UNTIL IT SAYS " CONGRATULATIONS NOW YOU ARE A DEVELOPER" IT SHOULD BE AROUND 5-10 TIMES, AFTER THAT YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO SEE THE "DEVELOPER OPTIONS ON THE LEFT" RIGHT ABOVE "ABOUT TABLET" (THEN ENABLE USB DEBUGGING"
    NEXT, UNDER "PERSONAL" CLICK THE TAB THAT SAYS "SECURITY" AND ENABLE "UNKNOWN SOURCES"

ONCE DONE WITH THIS, CONNECT YOUR TABLET TO YOUR LAPTOP/PC
    DOWNLOAD MOTOCHOPPER FROM THE LINK PROVIED
    EXTRACT IT AND RUN THE FILE THAT SAYS "RUN"
    ONCE YOU RUN IT JUST FOLLOW THE SIMPLE STEPS ON THE SCREEN
    IF ALL GOES WELL, YOUR DEVICE SHOULD BE ROOTED AND YOU SHOULD HAVE SUPERSU INSTALLED

EDIT!: IF YOU UPGRADED OR YOUR TABLET CAME WITH BUILD NUMBER 10.6.1.14.10, MOTOCHOPPER WONT WORK TO ROOT. YOU WILL NEED TO DOWNGRADE TO 10.6.1.14.08 AND THEN ROOT WILL BE AVAILABLE

LINKS FOR MOTOCHOPPER:

http://www.mediafire.com/?f4lipgd1hh3jug2
    (I ATTACHED THE LINK TO THIS FORUM AS WELL JUST IN CASE)

PLEASE ASK ANY AND ALL QUESTIONS I WILL BE GLADLY TO ANSWER THEM TO THE BEST OF MY KNOWLEDGE, IF NOT I WILL HELP YOU FIND THE ANSWER.

ALSO, I WOULD LIKE TO THANK ALL XDA FORUM MEMBERS AND DEV AND MODERATORS FOR HELPING ME LEARN.

SPECIAL THANKS TO
    FOR GUIDING ME IN TIME OF NEED
    FOR HELPING
    FOR HELPING FINDING OUT IT WORKS
    FOR PROVIDING DOWNLOAD LINKS TO MOTOCHOPPER
    what is twrp and cromi x 5.0?

Sorry for my stupid questions, but I am a newbii on lunix systems. Is it worth to downgrade and upgrade and take the risk to make my tablet unusable?

Another newbii question: Is it realy necessary to fill out the annoying image verification on top of each post?

Thank you for all your help in this forum.

Edi

Cromi-X is a custom firmware. The 5.0 has been released 5 days ago. It make your tablet more fast and fluid. TWRP is a custom recovery and is necessary for any custom firmware install.

I was like you on .10 stock last week and after lot of search and good help here ( thanks berndblb) i finally install it !

I'm not usa or english like you so i will put here step by step what you need to do without expleination :

1- Unlock your tablet with asus tool :
    http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/EeePAD/TF300T/Unlock_v8.rar

place the apk file on your tablet and install it / run it and ... let's do

Your tablet is now unlocked

2- if you are on 10.6.1.14.10 you need to downgrade to 10.6.1.14.8 (because motochopper don't work with .10)

But if you are on .8 actually go to Step 4 directly !

3- a*To downgrade you need to download the 10.6.1.14.8 firmware and place it on root of tablet.
    http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/EeePAD/TF700T/WW_epaduser_10_6_1_14_8_UpdateLauncher.zip

Extract the zip file from the zip file ...

b* Restart your tablet and you will see a notification on task bar about update detected. Clik on it and run install.

You are now on 10.6.1.14.8 firmware.

4- Root with motochopper. you must set usb debbuging mod (in developpers options) and Run bat.exe

Your tablet restart automaticcly and you are rooted.

Go on play store and downlod "Root Checker" Run it (accept SuperSU autorisation) and verify if you are Ok !

5- You need install TWRP. Just go on play sotre again and download "GooManager". Install it / run it (accept superSu autorisation) and on top right corner clik on menu [3 point] and clik on "Install OpenRecoveryScript"

6- Download cromi-x 5.0 here : http://d-h.st/IJe

take a micro sd card and put the firmware in. (CROMi-X ODEX 5.0.1_Signed.zip)

7- boot into recovery : press and hold the Volume Down and Power button at the same time.
    you will see 3 icon. You must Clik up on Flashing RCK icon it will Boot on TWRP.

8- in TWRP choose "backup" don't touch anything just make sure it's on extranal sd and slide to save.
    it's necessary if you have a problem you wil have a save from your last good configuration !

After don't clik on reboot clik on home button and choose "wipe" slide to start and wait...After Clik to return home again

9- Now it's time to install cromi-x Make sure your micro sd is in tablet.
    Clik on install / select the zip firmware file on micro sd clik on verify and slide to start install !

The custom firmware have a lot of option when install so don't touch anything just make sure it's 240 dpi (like original firmware)and choose boot loader 10.6.1.27.1 from sbdags.

After installation have fun :)
    Stupid easy (locked-root)

Enable USB debugging.

Plug in TF700T.

Windows 7 loaded all of the drivers.

D/L the file.

Extract.

Double click run.bat.

Answer a couple of questions.

Root in under a minute.

:cool::):cool::laugh::victory:
    YES I'M AWARE IT SAYS FOR ICS ONLY BUT I HAVE TRIED IT AND IT WORKS WITH JB 4.2.1

Unlock tool confirmed working on JB 4.2.1 - just unlocked the bootloader on my totally stock TF700T JB 4.2.1 (WW). Now to flash CROMI-X! :victory:
    ok ..i have manage to unlock my device (Transformer Infinity) but something is going wrong when rooting

I have the same issue.

I'm having the same problem

With an unlocked device it is simple to root any firmware - install a custom recovery using fastboot. TWRP will ask to root the ROM and install a superuser app, or you can install a pre-rooted custom ROM. No need for Motochopper.