Is possible downgade 4.4.2 to 4.2.2 with moto x europe version?

Search This thread

isaakmg

Aug 14, 2007
Hello guys.

I need resolve a dude.

I want downgrade my moto x with 4.4.2 to 4.2.2.

I read trat is possible. First downgrade 4.4 att and after 4.2.2 att that accept update camera and no brick the Phone.

Is this correct?

Thanks in advance.

Enviado desde mi XT1052 mediante Tapatalk

Last edited:

proxuser

Jul 2, 2010
www.emexci.com
It is possible.

Download 4.2.2 T-Mobile xt1053 firmware and flash system.img and boot.img via fastboot. Backup all data of your internal storage. Then erase your userdata via fastboot. Then reboot.

Commands;

mfastboot flash system system.img
mfastboot flash boot boot.img
mfastboot erase userdata -w

Everything will work. but you will see 4g icon instead of 3g or h+ even if your connection have 3g. Don't forget to deactivating ota and don't install 4.4.2 update with ota(because I don't tried it and also don't recommend it)

You can upgrade it again to 4.4.2 with same method but you don't need erase userdata if you upgrade to newer version.

Moderator can move this thread to q&a by the way.

Sent from my unknown using XDA Free mobile app

isaakmg

Aug 14, 2007
It is possible.

Download 4.2.2 T-Mobile xt1053 firmware and flash system.img and boot.img via fastboot. Backup all data of your internal storage. Then erase your userdata via fastboot. Then reboot.

Commands;

Everything will work. but you will see 4g icon instead of 3g or h+ even if your connection have 3g. Don't forget to deactivating ota and don't install 4.4.2 update with ota(because I don't tried it and also don't recommend it)

You can upgrade it again to 4.4.2 with same method but you don't need erase userdata if you upgrade to newer version.

Thanks for your answer.

The battery is more friendly with 4.2.2 that 4.4.2?

What's happened for the baseband? The phone had 4.4.2 baseband. And only one more question

With this metoth the camera update don't brick the phone?

Thanks in advance.

proxuser

Jul 2, 2010
www.emexci.com
Thanks for your answer.

The battery is more friendly with 4.2.2 that 4.4.2?

What's happened for the baseband? The phone had 4.4.2 baseband. And only one more question

With this metoth the camera update don't brick the phone?

Thanks in advance.

1. Battery on 4.2.2 is excellent compared to KitKat for me.
2. Don't touch any bootloader or radio files (baseband). 4.2.2 will run on KitKat baseband with no problem.
3. Camera updates comes via play store and there is no way brick phone with a update of play store app ;) if you not like the updates you can uninstall app update.

And use mfastboot(Motorola fastboot) instead of normal fastboot.

isaakmg

Aug 14, 2007
1. Battery on 4.2.2 is excellent compared to KitKat for me.
2. Don't touch any bootloader or radio files (baseband). 4.2.2 will run on KitKat baseband with no problem.
3. Camera updates comes via play store and there is no way brick phone with a update of play store app ;) if you not like the updates you can uninstall app update.

And use mfastboot(Motorola fastboot) instead of normal fastboot.

Thank you for you helper!!!!!

D

Darth

And make sure you have $350 in your pocket, just in case. You're taking a very big risk. Many have bricked downgrading. Some thought they knew how, but made one false move...and boom. Paperweight.

Just a friendly warning. ;)

---------- Post added at 06:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:51 PM ----------

I clicked on this thread to say no....no you can't. But saw the other replies. ;)

KidJoe

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Aug 23, 2008
Thorndale/Romansville, PA
Hello guys.

I need resolve a dude.

I want downgrade my moto x with 4.4.2 to 4.2.2.

I read trat is possible. First downgrade 4.4 att and after 4.2.2 att that accept update camera and no brick the Phone.

Is this correct?

Thanks in advance.

With 4.4.2 the motoboot (bootloader) and GPT.BIN got updated. At least these two (and possibly other parts) prevent a 100% successful ROM downgrade to 4.4 or 4.2.2.

You can try to do as proxuser has said, and use mfastboot to flash only certain parts... BUT *IF* it is successful, you will have intermixed versions on your phone, so if you try and take an OTA in the future, it will fail or brick your phone.

I've also seen reports of people who downgraded only system and boot having issues trying to go under... Settings -> Security on the phone (it kicks them back out.

There were enough posts of bricking when downgrading from 4.4.2 that the general rule it is too risky to try.

BossToroech

Sep 11, 2012
It is possible.

Commands;

Can I thus downgrade my xt1052 to 4.2.2 from 4.4.4 kitkat? Can I flash this JB 4.2.2-13.9.0Q2.X-116-17-57-6 (Retail) Dev Edition software?