[ROM] TouchPad UNOFFICIAL CM9 Nightly Builds [DISCONTINUED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

clocke

Jul 21, 2010
College Station, TX
Hey guys, New to the TP (got one off Woot) and I flashed CM9 yesterday. A quick questions - on CM9, my headphone audio is distorted greatly, is this a known issue? It sounds fine through webos. Second, is there a specific camera app I need to use? It loaded my camera app from my skyrocket (google backup) and it says could not connect to camera. Again, works through webos though. Sorry for not reading all the posts here for the answer. Thanks.

Austin Air

Apr 13, 2012
Austin
Hey guys, New to the TP (got one off Woot) and I flashed CM9 yesterday. A quick questions - on CM9, my headphone audio is distorted greatly, is this a known issue? It sounds fine through webos. Second, is there a specific camera app I need to use? It loaded my camera app from my skyrocket (google backup) and it says could not connect to camera. Again, works through webos though. Sorry for not reading all the posts here for the answer. Thanks.

Audio is currently being corrected, be sure you have the latest nightly. The last update my audio sounds clear if on bluetooth headphones, but not cord.

The camera doesn't work at all, regardless of any 3rd party app you use. Last update (yesterday in fact) looks like it's getting close to being tested, but if you ask I'm sure you'll get the standard "2 weeks" response.

Welcome to the Touchpad. Hope you love it.

Reactions: clocke

BIGSimon

Jan 19, 2012
Barnsley

You've probably notice the mic doesn't work either so no Skype , but make sure you plug your headphones in before you start you app or you get distorted or no sound

Make sure you have a good read through these forums as you will find everything you need to know use the search facility first to save time

Reactions: clocke

clocke

Jul 21, 2010
College Station, TX
Audio is currently being corrected, be sure you have the latest nightly. The last update my audio sounds clear if on bluetooth headphones, but not cord.

The camera doesn't work at all, regardless of any 3rd party app you use. Last update (yesterday in fact) looks like it's getting close to being tested, but if you ask I'm sure you'll get the standard "2 weeks" response.

Welcome to the Touchpad. Hope you love it.

You've probably notice the mic doesn't work either so no Skype , but make sure you plug your headphones in before you start you app or you get distorted or no sound

Make sure you have a good read through these forums as you will find everything you need to know use the search facility first to save time

Yeah, I restarted with my headphones in and now my audio is clear with them. Strange. But thanks for the tip about having them in before I start my app. Glad it isn't hardware related.
That is a bummer about the camera and mic. Hopefully soon! Are those two issues a Cyanogenmod problem, ICS problem, or just android touchpad problem?

BIGSimon

Jan 19, 2012
Barnsley
Yeah, I restarted with my headphones in and now my audio is clear with them. Strange. But thanks for the tip about having them in before I start my app. Glad it isn't hardware related.
That is a bummer about the camera and mic. Hopefully soon! Are those two issues a Cyanogenmod problem, ICS problem, or just android touchpad problem?

ICS problems most phone roms are only just getting cameras working problem is most camera drivers are proprietary not open source and as you know the TouchPad isn't even an official android device so drivers have to be written from scratch

darkassain

Oct 30, 2008
ICS problems most phone roms are only just getting cameras working problem is most camera drivers are proprietary not open source and as you know the TouchPad isn't even an official android device so drivers have to be written from scratch

well technically they arent but the wrapper is being written from scratch which is still hard of course...

all im awaitin is the mic and by proxy caf audio which would be improvements to cm9tp, but im really happy with have now especially with the work atkl6 drivers

phoenixnr

Sep 29, 2007
Anyone else having problems downloading last night's incremental?

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk

eyeballer

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 24, 2010
teamw.in
Can anyone confirm what pattern I think I'm seeing? .. if you try to download incrementals it fails quite often but if you download the full rom through goo manager it rarely fails?

BIGSimon

Jan 19, 2012
Barnsley
Can anyone confirm what pattern I think I'm seeing? .. if you try to download incrementals it fails quite often but if you download the full rom through goo manager it rarely fails?

Only time I have had problems was in the earlier builds when you first introduced incrementals but i think that was a goo server problem since then I've had no problems flashing 2 TouchPads everyday

RVD26

May 15, 2011
Houston
Splashtop streamer help

Is anyone else getting issues with stuttering when using Slashtop Streamer HD?
When I had WebOS it worked fine, but since I switched to CM9 it has had bad stuttering whether watching videos or even listening to music.
I have build version: 9-20120430-NIGHTLY-tenderloin

BIGSimon

Jan 19, 2012
Barnsley
Is anyone else getting issues with stuttering when using Slashtop Streamer HD?
When I had WebOS it worked fine, but since I switched to CM9 it has had bad stuttering whether watching videos or even listening to music.
I have build version: 9-20120430-NIGHTLY-tenderloin

Update to the latest version see OP for details
Under downloads option 3 is the best way to go

Last edited:

RVD26

May 15, 2011
Houston
Update to the latest version see OP for details
Under downloads option 3 is the best way to go

I'm sorry, I'm not quite following you.
Are you saying to update to the latest CM9 nightly or the latest app version?
If CM9 nightly, is it confirmed to fix this issue?
Will I loose any of my apps/settings if I update to the latest nightly?

BIGSimon

Jan 19, 2012
Barnsley
I'm sorry, I'm not quite following you.
Are you saying to update to the latest CM9 nightly or the latest app version?
If CM9 nightly, is it confirmed to fix this issue?
Will I loose any of my apps/settings if I update to the latest nightly?

There has been many changes since CM9 04/30 so it may fix your problem
If you format system partition in CWM then flash latest nightly clear dalvik cache/cache partitions then reboot you will not lose any settings DO NOT FACTORY RESET or you will lose all your data and of course backup in CWM before doing anything

RVD26

May 15, 2011
Houston
There has been many changes since CM9 04/30 so it may fix your problem
If you format system partition in CWM then flash latest nightly clear dalvik cache/cache partitions then reboot you will not lose any settings DO NOT FACTORY RESET or you will lose all your data and of course backup in CWM before doing anything

Do you have any step-by-step instructions no how to do this?
I'm sorry, but I just put CM9 on my TP a few weeks ago (and inadvertently cleared all my WebOS settings in the process)

BIGSimon

Jan 19, 2012
Barnsley
Do you have any step-by-step instructions no how to do this?
I'm sorry, but I just put CM9 on my TP a few weeks ago (and inadvertently cleared all my WebOS settings in the process)

Here you go a really easy tutorial on everything you need http://www.reverendkyle.com/index.p...install-cm9-nightly-builds-on-the-hp-touchpad and another one that makes updating even easier http://www.reverendkyle.com/index.php/articles/142-twrp-2-and-goo-manager-tutorial-review and there's even more too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    6/27/12: Unofficial nightlies are discontinued: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=27955579#post27955579

This is a centralized thread to discuss any issues pertaining to my unofficial nightly cm9 builds. As Dalingrin stated, he doesn't plan to release many more Alphas for now unless there's a major change to test so this will be the best way to get the latest CM9 additions (other than building yourself!).

You should only need to wipe caches coming from a previous cm9 build. Remember, these are not tested builds, simply latest source, so there's a chance of "broken" builds as new features are merged in. Always keep a recent backup and/or be willing to do a full wipe. If you're coming from CM7 you should wipe /data if installing in CWM or use ACMEinstaller2 - see the original CM9 Alpha thread.

These builds are mostly a straight sync from source each night, no other extra modifications have been made (other than fixes to ensure is builds). You can find the latest merges into CM9 here: http://tinyw.in/cm9tpmerged (thanks jcsullins for the custom search). The build is sync'd at approx 4am EST and will be ready to download at approx 4.15am EST.

Downloads

There are multiple ways to get the nightlies:
    1) Simply browse and find the latest build directly on our host: http://techerrata.co...angs/tenderloin
    2) For live announcement of a new nightly arriving on the server follow our Tenderloin twitter account: https://twitter.com/...!/cm_tenderloin - PLEASE NOTE THIS IS AN AUTOMATED TWEET BOT NOT A LIVE PERSON (i.e. do not tweet @CM_Tenderloin expecting a reply)
    3) *NEW* The nightlies also support OTA update notifications using the Goo Manager app, details here: http://tinyw.in/feSQ

Latest gapps are here:http://goo-inside.me/gapps

LCD Density fixes: These were taken from dalingrin's Alpha2 thread and are just updated with a new build.prop.
    Change to 120dpi: http://tinyw.in/Ja5P
    Revert to 160dpi: http://tinyw.in/VUht

Updates:
    For updates/announcement on the builds follow me on twitter, or check back here.

4/2/12: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=24346202#post24346202
    3/27/12: TouchPad now has official nightlies! See my post here about the future of my builds: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=24120253&postcount=219
    3/11/12: Due to some merges on 3/9 you may need to reflash gapps when going from a nightly prior to 3/9 to later than 3/9.
    2/28/12: HW video decoding (HD youtube and netfix) are now incorporated (still unmerged in mainline CM code). Thanks dalingrin and jcsullins for getting this together. This means the nightlies currently include everything in Alpha2 and whatever else merged since.

Credit and Thanks

Of course major thanks to Dalingrin, jcsullins, fattire, green and the rest of the CM touchpad team for making these builds possible. Thanks to my fellow winners in TeamWin and a special shout out to kevank for hosting and onicrom for build support :)
    Well guys.. it's been a fun ride, but I'm going to stop the unofficial builds.

Officials are running every night, and I just haven't had as much time to cherry-pick ahead as I'd like to, so there's really no difference between the builds other than differences picked up based on the time of the build. Also, as we get closer and closer to a somewhat "finished" product, it'll be more productive to get accurate bug reports with everyone using the same builds.

You should be able to find the official builds directly on get.cm or via goo manager, differentials are not enabled AFAIK for these, but I will discuss with s0up to see if they'll make it available for those using it. We may also mirror the builds to techerrata/our twitter acct for those who like to follow that for the downloads but we need some scripts in place to do that, so I'll post back and let you guys know. :)
    Due to all the merges today we now have a working "official" cm9 repo for the touchpad which is great. Up until now the builds required a few "hacky" changes to make them work. There's a couple of outstanding issues that won't be in the official builds just yet, the main one being the reboot menu - which still needs some hacky stuff (http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#change,12782). Otherwise the builds should be mostly identical from this point forward (my build tonight will include all the merges today obviously).

Official nightlies is a great place to be for any device - fully merged into the mainline repo.

With that said, personally, I'll still be building for myself and (for now) will continue to have the builds posted to our server for anyone that wants them, I may cherry-pick some extra stuff in time to time.

It was a fun ride :)
    Sorry guys, I was out of town this weekend so didn't have a chance to respond to all the questions.

At this point, the reboot fixes and other outstanding issues are all 100% merged into main CM code, so there should be no difference between the official and unofficial builds (other than the new adreno drivers in mine - which don't seem to matter much right now - probably until we move to a 3.0 kernel).

There was some confusion regarding 4.0.3 and 4.0.4 - I'm not sure why the 3/30 build missed the 4.0.4 build id change, it's possible there was an error in the repo sync that night so it didn't get pulled, but the underlying OS changes were already in place from the day before so really there was no significant change other than the ID being wrong - the base OS changes to 4.0.4 did not go through gerrit, they are just applied.

Hope that answers the questions, this week i'll look at the higher fps boot animation and maybe add that as stock into my builds too. Other than that the only differences between the two sets of builds will be based on the time of the repo sync and build.

I don't intend to provide "support" for these builds, if there's something fun I've cherry picked in I'll post but otherwise, flash away :)
    So jcsullins has been hard at work (as usual!) on the new wifi driver and now has a build ready for testing with a wider audience, so we'd appreciate some feedback so that eventually this can be merged for everyone.

To use this you must be on nightly 5/13 or 5/14. Please update first then flash this in recovery: http://goo.im/devs/j...0513-signed.zip

The driver is designed to sleep when not needed although will wake if something needs to pass through - so what you set in wifi policy is irrelevant and won't make any difference. It's "smart" and battery life seems very good so far.

Please test and post feedback good or bad on your experiences. People who have been hitting wifi issues are especially encouraged to help provide feedback.