Must Upgrade Swype?

Search This thread

doggiedog

Jul 7, 2010
I just got a pop up telling me I need to upgrade Swype and to check out beta.swype.com but on the website, it says that I can't install the beta if Swype is preinstalled on my phone.

All I want is for Swype to work. I don't want to install betas over stock Swype or have to constantly upgrade. Is there any way to get a non-beta Swype upgrade on the phone?

I'm currently running Shadowkernel 1.04 and Legendary ROM 2.1. I don't mind upgrading the kernel or the ROM.

Thanks,

DD

ac16313

Mar 15, 2011
Phoenix, Arizona
I just got a pop up telling me I need to upgrade Swype and to check out beta.swype.com but on the website, it says that I can't install the beta if Swype is preinstalled on my phone.

All I want is for Swype to work. I don't want to install betas over stock Swype or have to constantly upgrade. Is there any way to get a non-beta Swype upgrade on the phone?

I'm currently running Shadowkernel 1.04 and Legendary ROM 2.1. I don't mind upgrading the kernel or the ROM.

Thanks,

DD

Sorry I can't answer your question but if you look in the other 4 billion threads created within the hours you might find something.

Sent from my SPH-D700

phelony

Feb 16, 2009
West Coast

Thanks,

DD

Use titanium backup to uninstall swype. then install the beta.

ac16313 no need to be a ****. you were a n00b once.

Reactions: doggiedog

Coycaine

Sep 17, 2011
Reno, NV

Thanks,

DD

The Swype Beta is a great keyboard. I remove all other Swype versions on any ROM I flash to make it easy to download it. I have seen no bugs, and has been very easy to use. Dont be afraid to give it a shot!

Last edited:

doggiedog

Jul 7, 2010
Sorry I can't answer your question but if you look in the other 4 billion threads created within the hours you might find something.

Sent from my SPH-D700

I did do a search but they didn't solve what I am looking for. I don't want to install beta. I just want to have the same old Swype and be left alone. I'm sure down the road if I install a beta, I'll be forced to install something else again.

I've got my phone running very smoothly now with great battery life and stability. I don't want to constantly have to add, upgrade, reinstall things. That's why I was asking if there might be a way to keep Swype without going to the beta. I've wasted days if not weeks trying to fix this phone and finally got it the way I want it. Then today, I get this notification and Swype breaks and I waste a few more hours searching on the forums and the Internet to find a solution and I can't seem to. Thank you to the guys that take a few seconds of their time to help me out instead of criticizing and assuming that I'm a complete idiot.

ac16313

Mar 15, 2011
Phoenix, Arizona
I did do a search but they didn't solve what I am looking for. I don't want to install beta. I just want to have the same old Swype and be left alone. I'm sure down the road if I install a beta, I'll be forced to install something else again.

I've got my phone running very smoothly now with great battery life and stability. I don't want to constantly have to add, upgrade, reinstall things. That's why I was asking if there might be a way to keep Swype without going to the beta. I've wasted days if not weeks trying to fix this phone and finally got it the way I want it. Then today, I get this notification and Swype breaks and I waste a few more hours searching on the forums and the Internet to find a solution and I can't seem to. Thank you to the guys that take a few seconds of their time to help me out instead of criticizing and assuming that I'm a complete idiot.

Lol, id try PM'ing the guy in one of the other threads that suddenly posted "nevermind it went away" to see what he did.

Sent from my SPH-D700

Carlosmadiam

Nov 16, 2011

Thanks,

DD

I got the same pop up, my Swype didn't work afterwards until I upgraded. I believe every version of Swype are "beta", you don't have to install anything else,I have been using it for the longest time...love the new dragon speech software... Very efficient, like someone said use TB to uninstall then download the new version imo worth it...
Waiting for a stable Epic 4G ICS Rom

thesals

Apr 18, 2010
yeah, the version thats preloaded in your rom is just the beta but its in /system/ so it can't be modified the normal ways... uninstall with TB, install beta, upgrade will run smoothly from then on and you wont have issues or anything.

zman519

Oct 27, 2010
the Land of Beer & Cheese
Has any one found a way to make the new swype voice input work with swearing? Me and my friend where playing with it last night. He's still on srf1.2 & the swype on his phone will pick up swearing with out any problems & 3.26.92 on mine has problems & when it does pick up "****" it writes "f*ck" now wtf is that crap. Why would it pick the word up & then mispell it?

If you really where yelling a txt & it did that it would just upset you even more to the point some one mite chuck the phone. We have all seen somone chuck a phone in anger. Maybe that's there plan to get ppl to buy more phones? Hehehhe

Sent from the Drivers Seat of my Suby txting and Driving doing 100MPH+ in a school zone! Ha.

ac16313

Mar 15, 2011
Phoenix, Arizona
Has any one found a way to make the new swype voice input work with swearing? Me and my friend where playing with it last night. He's still on srf1.2 & the swype on his phone will pick up swearing with out any problems & 3.26.92 on mine has problems & when it does pick up "****" it writes "f*ck" now wtf is that crap. Why would it pick the word up & then mispell it?

If you really where yelling a txt & it did that it would just upset you even more to the point some one mite chuck the phone. We have all seen somone chuck a phone in anger. Maybe that's there plan to get ppl to buy more phones? Hehehhe

Sent from the Drivers Seat of my Suby txting and Driving doing 100MPH+ in a school zone! Ha.

I think there is a setting in swype settings that changes that.

Sent from my SPH-D700

Slothello

May 18, 2010
Settings>Voice Input and Output>Voice Recognition Settings>Uncheck Block Offensive Words box.....

thaiceman

Oct 22, 2007
STL - MO
OnePlus One
OnePlus 3
Yes I already have that unchecked. Try it. Say "****" to the new swype & it writes "f*ck" what's the deal am I useing a Child proof phone.

No if you were using a child proof phone it would have an apple logo slapped on the back of it.

Back on topic I really like both the ICS keyboard and Swype but I'm already used to Swype so it looks like the ICS KB is gonna get the back burner for now.

-Ice

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks,

DD

Use titanium backup to uninstall swype. then install the beta.

ac16313 no need to be a ****. you were a n00b once.