Kitkat SD card Compatibility

Search This thread

CapeNick

Nov 28, 2012
So I though it might be worth while to make a list of apps/games that are compatible with sdcards in some way.

tTorrent can save files to a folder in the sdcard, storage/sdcard1/Android/data/hu.tagsoft.ttorrent.lite

BSPlayer (tested free, assume pro too) can be moved to SD card. The home screen shortcut disappeared, and it took two reboots to work the kinks out. Froze once for me after first reboot, did a hard reset, held power button down, and it's been fine since.

EBay moved to sdcard, home screen shortcut disappeared, continues to work fine.

SuperGNS moved to sdcard, no problems yet

Out There moved to sdcard, tablet runs very slow on first reboot, process stopped responding, everything fine after second reboot.

Netflix moved to sdcard, no problems

Voxel Rush moved to sdcard, no problems

I will update when I test more.

Sent from my TegraNote-P1640 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

gaara6775

Apr 9, 2013
Pune
So I though it might be worth while to make a list of apps/games that are compatible with sdcards in some way.

tTorrent can save files to a folder in the sdcard, storage/sdcard1/Android/data/hu.tagsoft.ttorrent.lite

BSPlayer (tested free, assume pro too) can be moved to SD card. The home screen shortcut disappeared, and it took two reboots to work the kinks out. Froze once for me after first reboot, did a hard reset, held power button down, and it's been fine since.

EBay moved to sdcard, home screen shortcut disappeared, continues to work fine.

SuperGNS moved to sdcard, no problems yet

Out There moved to sdcard, tablet runs very slow on first reboot, process stopped responding, everything fine after second reboot.

Netflix moved to sdcard, no problems

Voxel Rush moved to sdcard, no problems

I will update when I test more.

Sent from my TegraNote-P1640 using xda app-developers app

can you move games to sdcard? like the data part? games like asphalt 8, gangster Vegas,spiderman 2? etc etc

hacktrix2006

Jan 15, 2011
The latest OTA update from Nvidia which was 4.4.2-2.4 was ment to fix this and to when i tested it, it did fix the issue but i always using a program called Folder Mount which works well and basically it symlinks from internal to external sd-card but the app still thinks its using the internal sd-card.

It works well for me i have loads of games and music on my Tegra note 7 with this app and you can even set it to so that it mounts all the folders automatically on boot.

Folder Mount can be found on the playstore and is free demo which only allows a maximum of 3 symlinks but it works and is well worth the Pro upgrade.

Andrew_j

Nov 25, 2005
Personally I think that the problem is still there. As end user with not rooted tegra note I still cannot move my files freely from main memory to SD card and most of Tue games I have tested fails to run from SD card.
I am planning to go back to 4.3 where everything was working. Shame Google decided for such a step to castrate core function to android flexibility.

Sent from my hamster cage using old carrot.

Andrew_j

Nov 25, 2005
No, I haven't as its require root access. I don't want to lose my guarantee.

Sent from my hamster cage using old carrot.

hacktrix2006

Jan 15, 2011
No problem then. So how are you going to go back to 4.3 I hope not via APX mode as that is a last resort method.

Sent from my TegraNote-P1640 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

hacktrix2006

Jan 15, 2011
That link is to a apx recovery image set how ever you could use the IMF's to try and fastboot flash recovery boot user data and system but you might need to unlock the bootloader to do that.

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

potalifs

Mar 21, 2014
Montenero di Bisaccia
I try to move "Order and chaos online" to sdcard with OTA 2.3 and didn't work, I re-test with OTA 2.4 and it work fine, 1.66 GB moved to sdcard

Inviato dal mio GT-I9070 utilizzando Tapatalk