does the fingerprint scanner contribute to Google system drain

Search This thread

topaz330

Apr 13, 2010
Got a pretty big drainage on my battery yesterday and after making some adjustments to syncing, changing location to battery saver, and some minor things I'm hoping it improves. I did notice though that Google systems was the main culprit and was wondering if unlocking the phone with the fingerprint scanner drains more battery than the traditional way. Anyone know?

Hobson318

Mar 12, 2013
Upstate NY
Got a pretty big drainage on my battery yesterday and after making some adjustments to syncing, changing location to battery saver, and some minor things I'm hoping it improves. I did notice though that Google systems was the main culprit and was wondering if unlocking the phone with the fingerprint scanner drains more battery than the traditional way. Anyone know?

battery life here has been amazing. far better than what i was getting with my S3. i wouldn't think that the fingerprint scanner would use more battery than say pattern or pin unlocking. but i do not know that for sure. i kow i can unlock my phone, respond to a text message and shut off again faster with fingerprint scanner than i can with pin code.

Reactions: thanhngo

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

battery life here has been amazing. far better than what i was getting with my S3. i wouldn't think that the fingerprint scanner would use more battery than say pattern or pin unlocking. but i do not know that for sure. i kow i can unlock my phone, respond to a text message and shut off again faster with fingerprint scanner than i can with pin code.