[Q] Transformer TF101G unable to boot to recovery.

Search This thread

Ceased2Be

Dec 16, 2004
Thanks all! Finally solved my botched cwm problem.
Still have one remaining issue though; I can't access my /sdcard/ from cwm anymore?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using xda premium

heinhuiz

Nov 26, 2011
Xiaomi Mi A1
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
I'm having the same problem Hans_zelf had with my TF101G, but combined with another one: my PC does not see the Transformer when connected through USB. It does when I boot into ATX with Vol_up, but not when I boot into the OS with Vol_down.

In the Device Manager on my pc I found a hidden entry in Other devices named Transformer, but that does not allow me to install the ASUS USB drivers.

Anyone any ideas?

Thing O Doom

Mar 10, 2012
Phoenix
In the Device Manager on my pc I found a hidden entry in Other devices named Transformer, but that does not allow me to install the ASUS USB drivers.

Try the 'repair' option under right-click, or manually uninstall and reupdate drivers selecting asus usb drivers. Make sure you uninstall everything then reinstall.

--side note

Also, ROM manager has given me nothing but insanity, so I just boot into my trusty 3.2.10 recovery that reads my microSD and WORKS. :D

heinhuiz

Nov 26, 2011
Xiaomi Mi A1
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
I've turned debug mode on and off while connected; I've disconnected, turned debug mode on and reconnected, disconnected again and turned debug mode off and reconnected - all without result.
One thing I noticed though: when I power off the tablet with debug mode on, it is off again when I start it back up. Is that normal behaviour?

itimees

Jul 4, 2012
Solution

Solution to help totally screwed TF101G with CWM 5.5.0.4 - Discovered today! Go into CWM, PC discovers "Transformer" device. I found in somewhere "1-Click Transformer Root_1.1" software. Find, download and unzip. Search manually driver in these folders, inc subfolders. Founds ADB bla bla bla driver... I copied folder "Source" to C:\ and started CMD in Start menu. Go to "Source with CMD. Write "adb start-server" "adb devices" and you could see device 12345.....! I tested command "adb pull /sdcard/ c:\ (or other order, but was smth like that). Old backup files was in C:\ like clockworkmod! And download .zip with full rom and do that:"adb push c:\myromwhateveritnameis.zip /sdcard/" and with CWM install .zip!
This techique worked on my 3 months bricked TF101G today, that's why I registered today here and shared experience. And you do not have to replace your 5.5.0.4, because it is working solution. If you need ask smth about my method, write to my e-mail viljarlaansoo @ hot . ee

heinhuiz

Nov 26, 2011
Xiaomi Mi A1
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
Don't know what exactly happened, but my problems are solved.

Tried to use itimees's solution above, but found my tablet with the battery competely drained. It even didn't charge anymore through the dock, so after a few hours, when the dock was fully charged, I had to disconnect it and connect the tablet to the charger directly.

After another hour, the Transformer still got stuck in the boot screen. I tried to start-up again. Previously, I could start-up with pressing VOL- and then wait until it would boot and load FROZN. Now after seceral attempts, it would only load the FROZN boot screen and then hang.

After that, I tried any start-up sequence I know again. With or without VOL+ or VOL-. Finally, the device is working again. It starts-up directly, and when connected to my PC it is always recognized.
On my last try, I didn't wait for FROZN, but chose Wipe. After performing that, the machine rebooted - magically - into recovery! I chose to load superwipe which was on my SD, and next installed an old Revolution ROM. Right now, my tablet is working like it always has.

I really don't know what did the trick. I am pretty sure that all the actions I took tonight, I have done before to no avail. It must have been the complete drainage of the battery that solved my problems. So, if you have any unsolvable problem with your Transformer, just leave it for a few months, and it will be fixed :confused:

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Success!

Finally I succeeded!

• Flashed recovery using Gnufabio's RecoveryInstaller. (After that the TF101 rebooted itself but still got stuck at the splashscreen. Did a cold Linux-boot).
    • Opened an ADB-session:
      C:\Program Files\...\platform-tools>adb shell
      / # su
      / # echo boot | dd of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p3 bs=1 seek=0
      5+0 records in
      5+0 records out
      5 bytes transferred in 0.039 secs (128 bytes/sec)​
      / # exit
    • Finally, using ROM-manager I downgraded to CWM 5.5.0.4.
    After that I was able to boot into recovery, but not from ROM-manager. I had to hold Vol- but at least I have a working recovery and was able to upgrade to ICS.

I'm not sure if the first step was really necessary but this is how I did it.
    Ok,

I did the following:

adb shell
    su
    echo boot | dd of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p3 bs=1 seek=0
    exit

Used ROM Manager v5.0.0.6, selected "Erase Recovery" in the settings menu, then flashed ClockworkMod 5.5.0.4, and powered down.

I then tried to start with Vol + and Power, just a blank screen but the 0955:7820 usb driver loaded. Then I used Vol - and Power, it booted to the Eee screen with the blue progress bar, after this is booted normally to the OS.

I powered it down again, and this time booted with Vol - and Power. Got to the screen that says use Vol + to load Recovery. I did that, and Bobs-Your-Uncle !!!!! IT WORKS !!!

Thanks hans_zelf, I'd still be stuck if it wasn't for you !

PS: I think the trick might have been to flash the 5.5.0.4 back, I'm not sure, and I'm not trying this again :)
    I can't get fastboot to work either. I though I might reinstall ClockworkMod via

fastboot.exe -i 0x0b05 flash recovery recovery-clockwork-touch-5.8.2.1-tf101.img

but it never connects.

Is there no tool that could be used from the adb shell that could re-flash ClockworkMod or even the original recovery (if that is available somewhere)?

Same problem here(tf101g): tried to update to ics.... stuck on cwm 5.5.0.4
    Resolved problem using: echo boot | dd of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p3 bs=1 seek=0

Now i can't access to cwm, even if i update to the last cwm touch....paying...any idea?