USB 3 to Gigabit Ethernet

Search This thread

evodev

May 1, 2012
LA county
Anyone know if any of these adapters work through the dock?
Was thinking of getting this as it does mention Android but that's not very specific or doesn't really mean much
http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=103&cp_id=10314&cs_id=1031403&p_id=11195&seq=1&format=2

http://www.amazon.com/BobjGear-Ethernet-Ultrabooks-ChromeOS-Included/dp/B007RTACDM?tag=twnene-20

did some googling to see if it was possible, and this one will work. first review said you can use it through settings without an app. The one you posted should work the same way.

Sleeepy2

Dec 9, 2009
Toronto
Thanks for the reply, that was my thought so I ordered it anyway.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Sleeepy2

Dec 9, 2009
Toronto
In case anyone was wondering, this just got delivered.
I plugged it into the Dock and right away in the notification it says Ethernet port is detected. I plugged in a cable and it works right away.
Now I can get internet in our crappy other offices.
Very happy especially for $15.

Reactions: pelago

elborak

Jun 8, 2010
I plugged it into the Dock and right away in the notification it says Ethernet port is detected. I plugged in a cable and it works right away.
Is this the adapter from Monoprice, or the one from Amazon?

EDIT: Actually, I just noticed that the one on Amazon is 100M rather than 1G ethernet, so I assume you went with Monoprice.

Last edited:

Cadstar

Nov 19, 2010
Upstate NY
You need to stick to something with the AX88772 chipset. The AX88178 might work - mixed danswers around the web on that one. Definately don't get anything with the SMSC LAN7500 chipset either. Stay far away from the AX88179. I bought a StarTech with that chipset and it did not work in any Android device I have.
Finally I bought the one Asus makes one for $19.99 on Amazon - has the AX88772 and works just fine (the Asus connect dock for the TF201/300/700's has that chip in it too so I knew it would work - took mine apart to find out what was in it).

Last edited:

albatross.

Aug 31, 2014
Sleeepy2 - Is that adapter USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 ?
The reason that I asked - on monoprice.com written USB 3.0 and the the color of socket - really blue.
But on ebay from the same seller USB 2.0. From Amazon - BobjGear-Ethernet - USB 2.0

Cadstar - Same things, I bought from Gigabit usb 3.0 - chipset AX88179 - working with Win 7..8 and linux , but not android and Asus tf701 :(

Last edited:

albatross.

Aug 31, 2014
1. The type A connection (the "standard" USB connection that plugs into your computer), should be blue, like: media.bestofmicro.com/USB3-SuperSpeed-external-storage,4-B-252875-13.jpg
2. Speed. You really can feel it if you copy few giga via cable.

Piglo

Sep 20, 2014
Maybe someone will be useful.
My old Trendnet TU2-ET100 h/w: 3.0 (AX88772 chipset) works great in our device!
Speed ​​Ethernet even slightly higher than over WiFi ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Now I can get internet in our crappy other offices.
    Very happy especially for $15.