Any one updated their nexus 4 to 4.4.3 yet? any issues?

Search This thread

Fuzzy Taco

Oct 19, 2013
So far I found out that if you flash Franco's kernel you will break WiFi. Any other I should know?

shefreyn

Nov 25, 2012
Mumbai
So far I found out that if you flash Franco's kernel you will break WiFi. Any other I should know?

For now i suggest stick to stock ! or else mod your stock 4.4.3 kernel using Dsixda's Android Kitchen....
or else wait for developers to upload new kernels !
otherwise no issues, performance got a bit low n battery life got better :D

bozint

May 20, 2012
Skopje
I just did, via fasboot from Google's image. I don't have a working wi-fi now... Logged on 3G, but then automatic restore starts downloading apps which is not cool on my 3G. Also my N4 is not seen as 8GB, which is not a biggie, has happened before.

kittuboy

Aug 31, 2012
Bangalore
Nope, didn't work. Can't figure out why.

So I downloaded the factory image, unzipped it as I always used to, then run the "flash-all.bat" script. And I get this message:

error: cannot open radio-<rest of file name>

The same goes for all files except for the bootloader.

Bootloader is unlocked, was running stock until recently, then used CM for a while, now trying desperately (and in vain) to go back to stock.

Any help would be appreciated. No amount of searching seems to be taking me anywhere.
(Before you ask: I verified MD5 to make sure the file wasn't corrupted; there was no issue on that end.)

rickbosch

Mar 3, 2011
Cape Town
So I downloaded the factory image, unzipped it as I always used to, then run the "flash-all.bat" script. And I get this message:

error: cannot open radio-<rest of file name>

The same goes for all files except for the bootloader.

Bootloader is unlocked, was running stock until recently, then used CM for a while, now trying desperately (and in vain) to go back to stock.

Any help would be appreciated. No amount of searching seems to be taking me anywhere.
(Before you ask: I verified MD5 to make sure the file wasn't corrupted; there was no issue on that end.)

before running the *.bat file, you need to do two things to avoid a complete (including your SDCard) wipe.

1. edit the *.bat file with notepad and then delete the "-w" in the last line. This will prevent a fill wipe.
2. cd into the directory where the factory image and *.bat files are located, THEN run the script - this is why your terminal can't find the files to flash.

Hope this helps.

kittuboy

Aug 31, 2012
Bangalore
before running the *.bat file, you need to do two things to avoid a complete (including your SDCard) wipe.

1. edit the *.bat file with notepad and then delete the "-w" in the last line. This will prevent a fill wipe.
2. cd into the directory where the factory image and *.bat files are located, THEN run the script - this is why your terminal can't find the files to flash.

Hope this helps.
The SD card wipe is the least of my worries :p I have a full backup, so that's fine. Right now I'm trying to get my phone to boot up fully!

I edited the bat file to reflect the correct path. (Put shortcuts to the original adb and fastboot in the folder with the factory images, replace path in bat file and replace fastboot with "fastboot.lnk")

My strong doubt is that there is some issue with the phone. Will try a toolkit and let you know what happens.

UPDATE:
This is seriously good. I used Wug's NR and some fiddling later, all was well. I still suspect the phone, but ehhh.... 4.4.3. Cheers! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: rickbosch

rickbosch

Mar 3, 2011
Cape Town
The SD card wipe is the least of my worries :p I have a full backup, so that's fine. Right now I'm trying to get my phone to boot up fully!

I edited the bat file to reflect the correct path. (Put shortcuts to the original adb and fastboot in the folder with the factory images, replace path in bat file and replace fastboot with "fastboot.lnk")

My strong doubt is that there is some issue with the phone. Will try a toolkit and let you know what happens.

Cool, but that's a very long way to do it. Just hold shift and right click in the folder where the file is "open command window here" and run the *.bat file. No editing or anything needed.

Oxious119

Apr 18, 2013
That's why I never use the bat. Just extract and flash all partitions via fastboot.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app

kittuboy

Aug 31, 2012
Bangalore
rickbosch: Er, I should probably explain. My adb and fastboot programs (the entire sdk in fact) are deep inside one drive (the G: drive to be precise. Yes. Stop s******ing.) while the factory image is in the C: drive. So just opening a command prompt in the sdk folder will require me to navigate through to the download folder, and vice versa. So I changed the path in the bat, placed shortcuts in the folder and renamed commands to <command>.lnk. And that was all it took. :) (It's actually much quicker when done :p )

oxious119: Fastboot kept bawling that it was unable to flash the radio file. That was why I posted here in the first place. I was eventually forced to use a toolkit (Wug's NRT in case you want to know) and thankfully that solved it for me.

What happened was that I had flashed CM, then I could still go into bootloader and recovery modes. I made the mistake of relocking and unlocking the bootloader. This stopped the phone from booting completely. To make matters worse, for some reason, I was unable to flash the radio (though it was perfectly fine) The toolkit, much as I hate to admit it, did what I could not: it got my phone working. May the heavens praise Wug.

valkyrjur

Jan 10, 2011
London
My notification led stop working after flash stock 4.4.3 on my nexus 4. I did a clean install, wiping everything 2 times and no success.
I rollback to 4.4.2 and the led is working again.

Last edited:

hitgrap

Sep 1, 2012
My N4 reboots while using camera, did clean flash of factory image an factory reset.

thawfu

Jun 15, 2013
Matr1x kernel issue

Matr1x kernel was the best battery saving kernel I've used. It worked excellent till 4.4.2, but now, after updating to stock 4.4.3, wifi breaks down! Doesn't connect at all! Now running on stock kernel and the battery life has again gone to worse! :( I wish they'd update soon! Waiting for them to release an update!!! :)

meatboy371

Dec 28, 2013
Samsung Galaxy J5
Moto G5S
Matr1x kernel was the best battery saving kernel I've used. It worked excellent till 4.4.2, but now, after updating to stock 4.4.3, wifi breaks down! Doesn't connect at all! Now running on stock kernel and the battery life has again gone to worse! :( I wish they'd update soon! Waiting for them to release an update!!! :)

Try THIS, should work for Matr1x too.

Tapatalked from my N4

thinkDHRUVIL

Nov 30, 2011
Gandhinagar
***Some Problems Still Persist***

I flashed the factory image of 4.4.3 available on Google site on my Nexus 4 and to my huge disappointment the battery drain issue was still there and the phone would shutdown when the battery level would reach below 60%

I was on stock 4.4.2 before I updated.

PS : If anyone out here got a fix to this, please tell me.

Last edited:

parkourz

Jul 8, 2011
I've updated my N4 to 4.4.3, and my Galaxy On Fire 2 HD saves won't load :( I've baked up them via Titanium Backup PRo, but after restore, when I'm trying to load my game it says "an error occured. please try again later"... and I'm afraid I've lost 30h of gameplay :/

Fatal_Enigma

Jul 1, 2012
I updated a few days ago and flashed fanco kernel #209 and everything seems to be working good! :laugh:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hope this helps.

UPDATE:
    This is seriously good. I used Wug's NR and some fiddling later, all was well. I still suspect the phone, but ehhh.... 4.4.3. Cheers! :)