best antivirus app

Search This thread

coolkid12239

May 5, 2012
Avast but thinking of webroot

i currently use avast, but more for its features than its antivirus to be honest. i prefer its anti theft to any other, its the most feature packed anti theft i have seen so far.

however i do follow webroot on twitter and i must say it is very intresting, they post almost hourly about the latest exploits and ways of getting around security, to i am tempted, however i get Kaspersky free from my bank for my pc and its done me well, virus wise anyway, not so good against malware

Kitke

Feb 3, 2013
Lublin
AVG

I don't like anitvirus software, still I use AVG as it does its job without bothering me too often. In my case it's better-safe-than-sorry case. :)

I tried Avast, but for some reasons it was noticeably slowing my phone down (altough I must admit, I tried it on a stock ICS rom, which was slow comparing to CM).

rat2244

Sep 19, 2014
I used to use lookout
but if you can control what you surf on the web and have basic knowledge of which sites are safe and you install apps only from the play store, you dont need an antivirus

this also decreases ram use

Saf98

Aug 7, 2013
??<
There is cm security I use that.

Sent from my HTC Desire XS using XDA Free mobile app

NiXEGaming

Dec 6, 2014
I used to use avira. It did a neat job.

Sent from my SM-T210R using XDA Free mobile app

NiXEGaming

Dec 6, 2014
It is pretty useful for rootkits. Cm sec. Removed one for me

Sent from my Desire S using XDA Free mobile app

ICE_ICE_BABY

Dec 13, 2015
Red Light District !
How about quickheal ? Maybe not many ppl here doesnt use it much but its ok enough. But ya, i dont really trust apps/companies which uses MOb verification. Shame tho that many antivirus companies releases "virus" so we can spend £$£$£$£ on protection.....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I had "Antivirus Free" (creative Apps) installed for like a year.
    It did what it was supposed to do, checking every download/installation etc.
    But not once It warned me about anything, so in the end I just removed it. :rolleyes:

I trust myself to have at least one or two virus free nandroids at all times.
    With that in mind - what's the point having a antivirus program running 24/7? :confused:
    You guys really use anti-virus? Is it really necessary and more importantly, has it caught anything yet on android. I just wanted to know because I'm still debating getting one for myself.

What do you say?

In the last one year, kaspersky alerted me only once and blocked the app

Sent from a Desire S waiting for Kernel 3. WAKE UP HTC!!!!
    avast

Sent from my Desire S using XDA
    I use Avast! Mobile Security and it's great. I keep it mainly for its anti-theft feature which I think is great but hopefully won't need to ever be used...but it scans everything that is installed on it and for a free app it's brilliant- highly recommended.
    i use zoner,what is yours?

sent from my HTC [)eSiRe S using XDA app

I'm not using any antivirus programs. :) It's more like a memory hog to me. :)