Fully functioning Hulu for any rom.

Search This thread

Almighty1

Jun 9, 2010
San Francisco, California USA
bit.ly
Fully functioning Hulu using Adobe Flash Player 10.3.185.23 for any rom

The following are hacks to get hulu.com working with the latest Adobe Flash Player 10.3.185.23 for the Android platform which consists of 2 methods, both methods basically is a hack of /data/data/com.adobe.flashplayer/lib/libflashplayer.so by hex editing AND 10,3,185,23 to WIN 99,9,999,99 so it will work with HULU.

1) Using the apk - uninstall any existing Adobe Flash Player from your device before installing the new apk. This will not work with some stock ROMs that are rooted such as the one on the Motorola DROID 1 A855 phone and HP eStation Zeen Tablet.

2) Replace the original library file with a hacked version of the library file which consists of the following steps and requires root:
1) Download Adobe Flash Player 10.3.185.23 from Android Market
2) Extract the zip file and copy libflashplayer.so to sdcard
3) Copy libflashplayer.so from sdcard to /data/data/com.adobe.flashplayer/lib using root explorer and make sure the permissions for libflashplayer.so is rwxr-xr-x or chmod 755libflashplayer.so.

Method 2 is required for some stock ROMs that are rooted such as the one on the Motorola DROID 1 A855 phone and HP eStation Zeen Tablet as on those devices, flash sites will make it seem like Adobe Flash Player is not installed or will tell you that you need to upgrade your flash player version.

Method 2 will not work for Android 2.3+ (Gingerbread) or Android 3.0/3.1 (Honeycomb) devices as the library files on any internal storage will be lost during the boot process and replaced with the one in the apk you are using where in this case, you will end up with the stock library file as your apk came from the market as can be seen in post #1059 in the thread:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=919326&page=22

While it is not related to Adobe Flash, it is related to the scenario above in which people are having problems with the Link2SD application which is a great app to allow apps to be installed and run on the SD Card.

After you apply either methods above, to get this working, make sure to set your browser User Agent string to Desktop. With the stock Android browser and probably other browsers excluding the Dolphin browser, you might have to do this each time you run any flash based site including hulu.com or start the browser:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=686765

Reactions: H3llstorm

H3llstorm

Jun 26, 2008
Ronkonkoma, NY
After you apply either methods above, to get this working, make sure to set your browser User Agent string to Desktop. With the stock Android browser and probably other browsers excluding the Dolphin browser, you might have to do this each time you run any flash based site including hulu.com or start the browser:

FYI: You can download the Dolphin Desktop Toggle if you only change Dolphin's user agent for Hulu - http://www.appbrain.com/app/dolphin-desktop-toggles/mobi.megeek.DesktopToggles

jimbutsu

May 6, 2010
I tried the apk on a DroidX running rooted 595, and the system doesn't recognize that flash is installed at all- just get a plugin icon on any browser I try. Curiously, the install went off without issue, and the flash app shows up as an installed app. Is DX gingerbread just not one of the options for this?

Almighty1

Jun 9, 2010
bit.ly

Almighty1

Jun 9, 2010
bit.ly
I tried the apk on a DroidX running rooted 595, and the system doesn't recognize that flash is installed at all- just get a plugin icon on any browser I try. Curiously, the install went off without issue, and the flash app shows up as an installed app. Is DX gingerbread just not one of the options for this?

Which method did you use? 1 or 2 since I have the exact same problem with my Motorola Droid 1 running a rooted stock Android 2.2.2 FRG83G and the HP eStation Zeen running a rooted stock Android 2.2 beta which requires method 2 while 1 works fine with the rooted stock Android 3.1 on the Motorola Xoom. Is the problem you're having, for youtube, it will tell you to update your flash player and for hulu.com, it shows that blue block thing as if flash was not installed? If you use method #1, please try method #2 and see what happens.

Almighty1

Jun 9, 2010
bit.ly
Fully functioning Hulu using Adobe Flash Player 10.3.185.24 for any rom

The following are hacks to get hulu.com working with the latest Adobe Flash Player 10.3.185.24 for the Android platform which consists of 2 methods, both methods basically is a hack of /data/data/com.adobe.flashplayer/lib/libflashplayer.so by hex editing AND 10,3,185,24 to WIN 99,9,999,99 so it will work with HULU. The reason for setting the version number to 99.9.999.99 is when the Windows version of AdobeFlash Player is updated, hulu won't stop working because the version number is not equal or greater than the current version which normally would require another hack.

Method #1) Using the apk - uninstall any existing Adobe Flash Player from your device before installing the new apk. This will not work with some stock ROMs that are rooted such as the one on the Motorola DROID 1 A855 phone and HP eStation Zeen Tablet.

Method #2) Replace the original library file with a hacked version of the library file which consists of the following steps and requires root:
1) Download Adobe Flash Player 10.3.185.24 from Android Market
3) Copy libflashplayer.so from sdcard to /data/data/com.adobe.flashplayer/lib using root explorer and make sure the permissions for libflashplayer.so is rwxr-xr-x or chmod 755 libflashplayer.so.

Method 2 is required for some stock ROMs that are rooted such as the one on the Motorola DROID 1 A855 phone and HP eStation Zeen Tablet as on those devices, flash sites will make it seem like Adobe Flash Player is not installed or will tell you that you need to upgrade your flash player version.

Method 2 will not work for Android 2.3+ (Gingerbread) or Android 3.0/3.1 (Honeycomb) devices as the library files on any internal storage will be lost during the boot process and replaced with the one in the apk you are using where in this case, you will end up with the stock library file as your apk came
from the market as can be seen in post #1059 in the thread:

While it is not related to Adobe Flash, it is related to the scenario above in which people are having problems with the Link2SD application which is a great app to allow apps to be installed and run on the SD Card.

Almighty1

Jun 9, 2010
bit.ly
Fully functioning Hulu using Adobe Flash Player 10.3.185.25 for any rom

The following are hacks to get hulu.com working with the latest Adobe Flash Player 10.3.185.25 for the Android platform which consists of 2 methods, both methods basically is a hack of
/data/data/com.adobe.flashplayer/lib/libflashplayer.so by hex editing AND 10,3,185,25 to WIN 99,9,999,99 so it will work with HULU. The reason for setting the version number to 99.9.999.99 is when the Windows version of Adobe Flash Player is updated, hulu won't stop working because the version number is not equal or greater than the current version which normally would require another hack.

Method #1) Using the apk - uninstall any existing Adobe Flash Player from your device before installing the new apk. This will not work with some stock ROMs that are rooted such as the one on the Motorola DROID 1 A855 phone and HP eStation Zeen Tablet.

Method #2) Replace the original library file with a hacked version of the library file which consists of the following steps and requires root:
1) Download Adobe Flash Player 10.3.185.25 from Android Market
3) Copy libflashplayer.so from sdcard to /data/data/com.adobe.flashplayer/lib using root explorer and make sure the permissions for libflashplayer.so is rwxr-xr-x or chmod 755 libflashplayer.so.

Method 2 will not work for Android 2.3+ (Gingerbread) or Android 3.0/3.1 (Honeycomb) devices as the library files on any internal storage will be lost during the boot process and replaced with the one in the apk you are using where in this case, you will end up with the stock library file as your apk came from the market as can be seen in post #1059 in the thread:

Reactions: thasan

lordkaladar

Jul 25, 2010
Austin
Anyone get this working on a rooted stock 4.24? I was able to remove all Flash versions via Titanium, but when I try to apply the updated apk, it says "app not installed"

Sent from my EVO via the XDA app.

Last edited:

lordkaladar

Jul 25, 2010
Austin
Anyone get this working on a rooted stock 4.24? I was able to remove all Flash versions via Titanium, but when I try to apply the updated apk, it says "app not installed"

Sent from my EVO via the XDA app.

Nevermind. I had the same issue from an earlier commenter. After killing Flash with Titanium, a reboot is required before installing the custom Flash APK.

jjdevega

Jan 3, 2011
Bothell, Washington
Doesn't seem to be working anymore since this fix is no longer the latest flash. Wonder if that is the reason for me not able to go to the hulu.com. It just says, Not supported. Will this fix be updated?

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    To make it easier, all you need to do is download Adobe Flash Player 10.1.105.7 from market and replace the /data/data/com.adobe.flashplayer/lib/libflashplayer.so which is AND 10,1,105,7 hex edited to look like WIN 10,1,102,64 for HULU.

1) Extract libflashplayer.so to sdcard
    2) Copy libflashplayer.so from sdcard to /data/data/com.adobe.flashplayer/lib using root explorer and make sure the permissions for libflashplayer.so is rwxr-xr-x
    To make it easier, all you need to do is download Adobe Flash Player 10.1.106.15 from market and replace the /data/data/com.adobe.flashplayer/lib/libflashplayer.so which is AND 10,1,106,15 hex edited to look like WIN 10,1,102,64 for HULU.

2) Copy libflashplayer.so from sdcard to /data/data/com.adobe.flashplayer/lib using root explorer and make sure the permissions for libflashplayer.so is rwxr-xr-x or chmod 755 the file.
    Fix for Adobe Flash Player 10.1.106.16 - January 24, 2011

To make it easier, all you need to do is download Adobe Flash Player 10.1.106.16 from market and replace the /data/data/com.adobe.flashplayer/lib/libflashplayer.so which is AND 10,1,106,16 hex edited to look like WIN 10,1,102,64 for HULU.

2) Copy libflashplayer.so from sdcard to /data/data/com.adobe.flashplayer/lib using root explorer and make sure the permissions for libflashplayer.so is rwxr-xr-x or chmod 755 the file.
    First of all I take no credit for any of this, I've just found it works on 3 roms i've tried. CM6, Ava9, and Fresh. Just titanium backup Uninstall your Flash. And Install this one:

Edit: Just flashed MIUI and it works on it too. Hulu app only and not for the hulu.com though..
    Edit 2: about:debug on browser set UAString to Desktop and it runs on browser too.

Obama's>god fix:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=794512

And if you don't have the Hulu App get it from here AvalaunchMods:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=720682
    I'm not sure what you mean when you say you pasted libflashplayer.so. What did you use to do this?
    And here is a link for the Hulu app. It comes from Ava's thread. The link is to my DropBox. http://db.tt/Q9mFvEE

Sent from my EVO rockin' MikFroYo!