[ROM] [4.4.4] [OFFICIAL] ParanoidAndroid 4.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

neob.abragil

Oct 9, 2012
Kolkata
Re: [ROM][AOSPA 4.2.2] PARANOIDANDROID 3.0 (Feb15) | Release candidate | R1

after installing the version feb 20 beta, my phone doesn't boot anymore. Nothing else than a google logo and unlocked logo, can't go beyond that!i can only go to fastboot mode. didnt do a backup. cant find a way to put zip file to the phone since i cant go to adb mode.

help?

How about flashing a custom/stock 4.2.2 kernel through the custom recovery!

[seems that you r gonna get quite a few scolding in a while...all the best] :thumbup:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

WEM97

Jun 25, 2011
Woodinville
after installing the version feb 20 beta, my phone doesn't boot anymore. Nothing else than a google logo and unlocked logo, can't go beyond that!i can only go to fastboot mode. didnt do a backup. cant find a way to put zip file to the phone since i cant go to adb mode.

help?

You didn't install a custom kernel did you.

Ibanez33

Mar 29, 2010

help?

well firstly hold vol + and vol - and power to get to the bootloader and flash a 4.2.2 kernel img via fastboot (something like franco's)

after that it should be a booting phone.

secondly edit you post before people flame you lol :p

Reactions: neob.abragil

udmbrian

Apr 14, 2011
Montreal
How do I put a kernel in my phone to flash? Do I have to be in android mode? b/c i can't enter :(
Nope I didn't flash any kernel after flashing the zip

udmbrian

Apr 14, 2011
Montreal
well firstly hold vol + and vol - and power to get to the bootloader and flash a 4.2.2 kernel img via fastboot (something like franco's)

after that it should be a booting phone.

secondly edit you post before people flame you lol :p

lol thanks for the reply! I'll try right away! sorry it seems i am typing the problem while the answer got replied.

Nephilim

Aug 16, 2010
Milwaukee
is this a reply about my problem?

If yes, i didn't know I had to install a kernel.. I though it was just an update from RC1

That is the problem with people on this site lately. Everyone just assumes they can flash anything and it will work. Nobody takes any time to actually skim the threads or search before flashing a new build of something. This is a developers forum, things will have bugs and there will be certain ways you might have to do things. If you do not follow the thread to know that then it is pretty much your own fault if you brick your device.

Sorry to come off so aggressive but seriously. This is technology, it's a site of custom developments, anyone expecting to click a button and have a cool UI on their phone should probably just get an iPhone and not come back here. (not referring to you specifically, just the type of people inhabiting this site lately.)

Reactions: neob.abragil

Kocai

Oct 24, 2011

@ D4rKn3sSyS: please consider taking out the 4.2.2 blops build from the goo server. A lot of people don't keep up with this thread and considering goo manager app will inform them that there's a new update, albeit it's in the dev folder, they may flash it without first finding out that they have to flash 4.2.2 kernel to got their phone to boot.
At least have an installer script that aborts the flashing and informs them in the recovery mode that they have to install a custom 4.2.2 kernel immediately after flashing the ROM and gapps. Pawitp from the CM team did this before when he changed the partition and put a script to delete /data/ because he realized that a lot of people outside XDA could download the ROM and flash it.

Nephilim

Aug 16, 2010
Milwaukee

@ D4rKn3sSyS: please consider taking out the 4.2.2 blops build from the goo server. A lot of people don't keep up with this thread and considering goo manager app will inform them that there's a new update, albeit it's in the dev folder, they may flash it without first finding out that they have to flash 4.2.2 kernel to got their phone to boot.
At least have an installer script that aborts the flashing and informs them in the recovery mode that they have to install a custom 4.2.2 kernel immediately after flashing the ROM and gapps. Pawitp from the CM team did this before when he changed the partition and put a script to delete /data/ because he realized that a lot of people outside XDA could download the ROM and flash it.

Its their own fault. Why should those that do pay attention be punished because of the lazy people on this forum. I say leave it there so people that know what they're doing don't miss out.

Sent from my AK Dummy Powered AOSPA Galaxy Nexus

udmbrian

Apr 14, 2011
Montreal
That is the problem with people on this site lately. Everyone just assumes they can flash anything and it will work. Nobody takes any time to actually skim the threads or search before flashing a new build of something. This is a developers forum, things will have bugs and there will be certain ways you might have to do things. If you do not follow the thread to know that then it is pretty much your own fault if you brick your device.

Sorry to come off so aggressive but seriously. This is technology, it's a site of custom developments, anyone expecting to click a button and have a cool UI on their phone should probably just get an iPhone and not come back here. (not referring to you specifically, just the type of people inhabiting this site lately.)

Well, I have to agree with you on this. It definitely would be fustrating for people to see always the same questions asked in this thread. However, like the RFD hp touchpad thread, this thread is huge, and not everyone will read the entire thread before installing the rom. I however do usually always check the op intructions and follow it. When I got this problem, I tried to find find more info, but failed for 3-4 hours. So I decide to post, because I didn't know from who to get help. It's using this rom not longer than 1 week, I used to get nighties CM, which just can be done by flashing the update. So I thought with my experience with android there is always a kernel into a custom rom and an update wouldn't erase the kernel... but today, I am glad I learned the my little knowledge is not even real.

I have to agree 100% with you. While installed this rom RC1, I keep getting reminder and popup to update. At first, I always deleted the pop-up, but it became annoying, so I decided to install it to get rid of this message. I also remember op post in xda didn't mention flashing any kernel with it. The other reason why I decide totry this update is the GSP signal was slow to be detected when I upgraded to 4.2.2 (not sure if it's 4.2.2 or this rom). I used to have 4.1 Xenon rom. I tried to flash 3 different radios, both but the results are the same.

Reactions: rmonjay

ben.nesheim

Nov 30, 2010
Duluth, MN
plus.google.com
i hope you guys realize its not just this forum this thread ITS EVERY FORUM EVERY THREAD.... im 27 been using forums for the past ten plus years. been moderators been active users been lurking in the background. People are going to ask stupid questions people are gonna give stupid answers.... just dont feed it by going offtopic... i came to this thread to see if there are any new updates and i dont see anything about the rom just about people and how to get into fastboot (sidenote helping someone get into fastboot is fine of course :) it took me a few sec before i figured it out when i got my nexus)

edit and if anyone would like to comment on how stupid i am or what not please pm dont post it here

anyways have to throw my two cents on the rom. I have been running it with latest ak 704 as usual and its been flying. I had my one and only system ui crash...but it kinda lagged a little and i was hitting home a whole bunch soooo ya. using 02 rangers battery mod has brought this rom to my favorite. i recommend to anyone looking to stray from stock :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 02ranger

neerajvd

Jan 8, 2013

Just a small UX related question, does anyone feel weird when using apps that need double pressing back key for exit? I feel little irritated when pressing back button on the PIE twice. So I usually go to home screen and let the app get killed by the OS. ;)
Anyone else?

(This is a small issue, but I love the features of the rom so much, that I have mailed the app developers about making the double back pressing feature optional)

Regards,
Neeraj

ben.nesheim

Nov 30, 2010
Duluth, MN
plus.google.com
Just a small UX related question, does anyone feel weird when using apps that need double pressing back key for exit? I feel little irritated when pressing back button on the PIE twice. So I usually go to home screen and let the app get killed by the OS. ;)
Anyone else?

(This is a small issue, but I love the features of the rom so much, that I have mailed the app developers about making the double back pressing feature optional)

Regards,
Neeraj

ha ya i had run across that using es file explorer with pie enabled. Or implementing the holding back to kill...but once again i dont know how that would work with pie :p i guess you could always just clear recents later i do that probably more often than i should or need to

Reactions: neerajvd

bonis666

Jan 4, 2012
Gothenburg

Hi, does anyone else have trouble with gps in runkeeper on feb20 PA? only in runkeeper gps don't work, so i guess the problem is the app, but would be great to know if someone else is having the same problem so i can rule out other stuff.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

neerajvd

Jan 8, 2013

ha ya i had run across that using es file explorer with pie enabled. Or implementing the holding back to kill...but once again i dont know how that would work with pie :p i guess you could always just clear recents later i do that probably more often than i should or need to

Exactly. I face this problem for ES File Explorer and Dolphin browser. Both the apps also have swipe edge functionality! So much to my frustration, I end up swiping pages. :)

It's high time the Android world wakes up to the magic of Navigation using PIE.

What a concept really! Hats off. :D

Regards,
Neeraj

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

INSTRUCTIONS,

1. UPDATE RECOVERY
    2. FACTORY RESET (If coming from another rom or stock)
    3. INSTALL ROM
    4. INSTALL GAPPS
    4. REBOOT
    5. CUSTOM KERNELS (You need to flash STOCK one first)

PA 4+ UPDATES DO NOT NEED A FACTORY RESET.

CREDITS,

AOSP/Google, Cyanogenmod, Goo, XDA, Krebsmilk, giannisgx89, Liquid,
    AOKP, our users, supporters and donators, everyone who's helped us in the past,
    heartfelt thanks to all of you!

LINKS,

Development:
    Change Logs
    XDA Forum
    Github
    Gerrit

Social:
    Google+
    Twitter
    Facebook

MAKE A DONATION