[Q] N7000 screen smashed

Search This thread

Ferg8080

Oct 24, 2012
Okay revisiting my old broken N7000 from several months ago and not quite sure what I managed to do back then but my main aim was to clear personal data before selling it on as a repairable. Something I haven't done yet.

The display screen is completely inoperational so have no idea what I'm looking at when phone is booted up. I know phone still works as soft keys still light up and vibrate when touched. In an attempt to verify I have succeeded clearing my personal data I installed Kies only for the required sammy usb drivers which would allow me to browse the internal storage of the phone.

My question now is what directories should I be looking at to see if personal data has been cleared and is there anything else I need to worry about? Please see my signature to see what my setup was.

Thanks

XxPixX

Dec 19, 2012
Warsaw
Okay revisiting my old broken N7000 from several months ago and not quite sure what I managed to do back then but my main aim was to clear personal data before selling it on as a repairable. Something I haven't done yet.

The display screen is completely inoperational so have no idea what I'm looking at when phone is booted up. I know phone still works as soft keys still light up and vibrate when touched. In an attempt to verify I have succeeded clearing my personal data I installed Kies only for the required sammy usb drivers which would allow me to browse the internal storage of the phone.

My question now is what directories should I be looking at to see if personal data has been cleared and is there anything else I need to worry about? Please see my signature to see what my setup was.

Thanks

Well, I'm sure if you formatted with a PIT file it would clear everything out... but that is a bit dangerous.

Do you remember which kernel/recovery you have?

Ferg8080

Oct 24, 2012
That's what @XxPixX was talking about. If you know what recovery r u in, then u can predict what to press to go to mount&storage to mount your sdcard to connect to your PC or laptop. From there then you will get access to erase your wanted datas/folders.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA Free mobile app

When you say sdcard are you talking about built-in internal memory which is where I assume personal data is kept?

When I connect to PC I can already see my internal storage .....

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    53.8 KB · Views: 24

XxPixX

Dec 19, 2012
Warsaw
Our phone (like many others) has several partitions. Your personal files such as photos, films, music, s-note notes etc. are stored on the 11GB partition you can see when you plug your phone into the computer. There is also one more important for us partition (/data) which stores nearly all of the most important data such as sms'es, phone numbers, logins to google and generally all the data generated by your apps.

If you format it with a PIT file then everything will be nicely cleared out (but it is dangerous and you would then have to reflash Jelly bean). That will guarantee that ALL (not exactly true but close enough) data is gone from the phone, it would be like new.

If you know what the recovery/kernel/android version is then we can help you guide yourself to the format options in the recovery from which you can perform a data wipe.

There might also be the possibility that you can use ADB to reformat, however I have never done it that way. This could be the simpleset as all you have to do is boot into recovery and do the rest on the computer.

Reactions: Jackwu696

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Our phone (like many others) has several partitions. Your personal files such as photos, films, music, s-note notes etc. are stored on the 11GB partition you can see when you plug your phone into the computer. There is also one more important for us partition (/data) which stores nearly all of the most important data such as sms'es, phone numbers, logins to google and generally all the data generated by your apps.

If you format it with a PIT file then everything will be nicely cleared out (but it is dangerous and you would then have to reflash Jelly bean). That will guarantee that ALL (not exactly true but close enough) data is gone from the phone, it would be like new.

If you know what the recovery/kernel/android version is then we can help you guide yourself to the format options in the recovery from which you can perform a data wipe.

There might also be the possibility that you can use ADB to reformat, however I have never done it that way. This could be the simpleset as all you have to do is boot into recovery and do the rest on the computer.