Cricket S4 MMS help

Search This thread

Jay Rock

Sep 27, 2011
San Diego
Just about a week ago, a friend asked me to get cyanogenmod going on his Cricket Galaxy S4. I loaded the latest SNAPSHOT at the time (M7), and everything seemed to work okay as he had service, data, text, calls, whatnot. Only thing that isn't working right now is MMS. An update to a more recent nightly didn't help, an update to the latest SNAPSHOT didn't help. We've tried editing the APN, adding a fresh new APN for Cricket, but nothing seems to work. When attempting to send a picture message, the SMS application just shows "Sending" but never sends anything. Switching to Hangouts doesn't do any good either. I'm trying to fix this problem before deciding the phone goes back to stock touchwiz. Does anybody here have any idea what's going on here and how to fix it, if there is a fix at all? Again, it's a Samsung Galaxy S4 from Cricket Wireless.

ZippyNinja

Jan 18, 2014
Hey there.

Just about a week ago, a friend asked me to get cyanogenmod going on his Cricket Galaxy S4. I loaded the latest SNAPSHOT at the time (M7), and everything seemed to work okay as he had service, data, text, calls, whatnot. Only thing that isn't working right now is MMS. An update to a more recent nightly didn't help, an update to the latest SNAPSHOT didn't help. We've tried editing the APN, adding a fresh new APN for Cricket, but nothing seems to work. When attempting to send a picture message, the SMS application just shows "Sending" but never sends anything. Switching to Hangouts doesn't do any good either. I'm trying to fix this problem before deciding the phone goes back to stock touchwiz. Does anybody here have any idea what's going on here and how to fix it, if there is a fix at all? Again, it's a Samsung Galaxy S4 from Cricket Wireless.

Same phone, same carrier, same issue. Unfortunately these are known issues with running CM on the S4.

I was running SM for quite a while in hopes this would get resolved but it has been quite a while and there does not seem to be any progress on it.

I reflashed mine back to stock to restore MMS functionality.

There were a couple other issues too. It has been quite a while but I know one of them was I would never get 4G service, only 3G.

lnxpro91

Jun 24, 2014
miami
What cricket s4 the original cdma or the new gsm?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app