Jul 19, 2011
Lucknow
I cannot mount USB storage in CWM 6.0.4.7 touch or non touch based recovery

How can i mount usb storage when i am in recovery plz help

liveroy

Jun 8, 2007
/dev/null
www.gear-bg.com
There is a kernel module bug in 4.4.4 that prevents auto-mount of the usb storage. That's for the stock kernel, dunno about the 3rd party ones.

Its a known issue, that has no fix yet.

reversegear

Jul 17, 2011
Amazon Fire TV
Realme GT Neo 2
Yes ofcourse TWRP supports all the cwm flashable zips, And you could also mount externel storage without any issues....I use it and i would strongly recommend it......

There is a kernel module bug in 4.4.4 that prevents auto-mount of the usb storage. That's for the stock kernel, dunno about the 3rd party ones.

Its a known issue, that has no fix yet.
Afai understand the op is asking about mounting the device as USB mass storage storage in recovery while connecting to PC... Just like the devices with SD card support can be connected as a USB storage in recovery
@op correct me if I'm wrong
If my understanding is correct with the op then you cannot mount MOTO g as a USB storage (tested in CWM & TWRP & advanced CWM)

Only solution is adb commands ;)

liveroy

Jun 8, 2007
/dev/null
www.gear-bg.com
Afai understand the op is asking about mounting the device as USB mass storage storage in recovery while connecting to PC... Just like the devices with SD card support can be connected as a USB storage in recovery
@op correct me if I'm wrong
If my understanding is correct with the op then you cannot mount MOTO g as a USB storage (tested in CWM & TWRP & advanced CWM)

Only solution is adb commands ;)
hmmm yea, on second read I think you're right.
Anyway if that is what he wants, then no - he can't do that.

loren82

Apr 8, 2012
Bilbao
Code:
adb push romnamehere.zip /sdcard/

works perfect with the usb cable connected, in touch philz 6

CodyF86

Jul 4, 2013
Grand Junction, CO
Does not work for me :eek:

Time to start the process of elimination. :)

USB cable / adapter, then USB storage, one of them is bad / not supported, what usb memory are you trying to mount (OTG with a usb stick or micro SD, etc etc?)

Pic below is with a microUSB to USB adapter with a microSD card adapter plugged into it with this microSD card.

5k0egi.jpg

err sorry saw the reply a few posts up, yeah you can't do that, but the pic above is it automounting in recovery.

Last edited:

loren82

Apr 8, 2012
Bilbao
Time to start the process of elimination. :)

USB cable / adapter, then USB storage, one of them is bad / not supported, what usb memory are you trying to mount (OTG with a usb stick or micro SD, etc etc?)

Pic below is with a microUSB to USB adapter with a microSD card adapter plugged into it with this microSD card.

5k0egi.jpg

err sorry saw the reply a few posts up, yeah you can't do that, but the pic above is it automounting in recovery.

What I seek, is to mount the internal memory without connecting anything OTG, so typical to spend roms or backups to the partition of the phone that emulates SD, in our xt1032

Just try the new TWRP, and I like occurs in the system administrator enabled device, I recognized the phone, but this conflict

Motorola and reinstall the device manager, but still the same

Attachments

• Captura.PNG
    Captura.PNG
    8.3 KB · Views: 22

CodyF86

Jul 4, 2013
Grand Junction, CO
What I seek, is to mount the internal memory without connecting anything OTG, so typical to spend roms or backups to the partition of the phone that emulates SD, in our xt1032

Just try the new TWRP, and I like occurs in the system administrator enabled device, I recognized the phone, but this conflict

Motorola and reinstall the device manager, but still the same

Ohhh yeah the MTP mode...well let me tell you a story about that lol.

When I first got my phone MTP mode worked fine plugged in with USB to my computer, then a week or so later the drive would start saying it couldn't be installed when I plugged it in.

From what I've googled windows can develop a problem where the MTP driver fails to load properly. I haven't done it yet, but try to connect it to a different computer and see if it loads the driver properly. I'll try it on a different computer later today also.

If it does work on another computer, then I haven't found good way to fix the problem other than reinstall the OS, which is drastic.

Google MTP driver not working and you'll see a lot of results.

Top Liked Posts