Camera Driver yet?

Search This thread

heffy06

Aug 13, 2008
I was wondering if there was any sort of camera driver for download yet, ive been looking all over the site and have yet to find one, and ive looked throughout the internet for one, but Im finding old websites not updated since january....pleeease anybody?

heffy06

Aug 13, 2008
Thanks, it seemed to help out alot in brighter areas but the dark places are still slow... its no problem to me ill just use a dig camera if I need a dark pic... thank you =D

A trick I picked up here with the "new" driver was to turn the camera on. After it comes up, press the power button to put the phone in "sleep" mode. Hold your hand over the camera lens, wake up the phone with the power button, wait 5 seconds and see if the frame rate is a little faster. Goofy trick, but it seems to work.

fjc3

Feb 25, 2008
A trick I picked up here with the "new" driver was to turn the camera on. After it comes up, press the power button to put the phone in "sleep" mode. Hold your hand over the camera lens, wake up the phone with the power button, wait 5 seconds and see if the frame rate is a little faster. Goofy trick, but it seems to work.

i found this trick a long while ago. it does seem to work but i dont think it has anything to do with the htc-ca or omnia drivers so even if you dont have them installed, it will work.

rfarnell

Jan 22, 2008
I'm using the Laurentius26 V10 ( http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=416278 ) cooked ROM with the HTCA drivers ( see http://www.htcclassaction.org ) and the camera is performing extremely well. There is no evidence of any lag when there is sufficient light available, it seems to still take a performance hit when it has to compensate.

Rob
ps. that trick that p51d007 suggested is completely bizarre! Even the lag with close up or darkness goes away.

zaharakis

Dec 14, 2006
khalkis/Greece
i am using the hyperdragon iiir lite rom with the (recomended) radio 1.65.24.36

and the omnia 3d driver installed in it
and video acceleration is perfect!!
a small improovement i have see also in camera:)

daedric

Dec 24, 2006
Porto
From my point of view... the camera gets SLOW whenever it has to increase exposure to compensate for the dark areas. The power button somehow fixes te exposure... or disables it.

Point is.. although being 3.0 MP...camera quality is nothing like a 3.0 real photographic camera. So... my question is...

Would picture quality get that worse... if the camera would always shoot with a fixed (lets say 1.0) exposure... and then increase the brightness of the picture via software ?

And to be REALLY bold... and please realize that i'm sugesting with virtually or really NO KNOWLEDGE ... 3D graphics can have its gamma controled... at least in a normal computer... how about showing the camera image on a D3D or OGLES texture... and increasing it "exposure" via gamma control ?

(Am i nuts?)

hambola

Feb 28, 2008
Yeah that trick works, but the picture is darker and a lot grainier. Also if you point the camera to a bright light source, it "resets" and then when you point at dark areas again, it lags. That trick seems to "initalize" the camera to a dark setting, for lack of a better phrase.

mrpiggae

Sep 11, 2007
Socal
Yeah that trick works, but the picture is darker and a lot grainier. Also if you point the camera to a bright light source, it "resets" and then when you point at dark areas again, it lags. That trick seems to "initalize" the camera to a dark setting, for lack of a better phrase.

Damn, you're right, it resets when you point it at a bright source...I was all excited for a minute, too...

I wonder if there is a way to make the camera behave that way all the time? I snapped a picture with the trick active and it came out pretty good.