Actual capacity of your battery

Search This thread

Formhault

Jun 10, 2011
Bucharest
My Battery does last a long time. Did the test as per op. Will repeat it when I get time. It is the Samsung original Battery.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

That's... umm... either an invalid / really inaccurate result, either... a freaking really good battery!

Sent from my Galaxy Note

Formhault

Jun 10, 2011
Bucharest
For whoever might still be checking out this thread every once in a while... Could you kindly check this out, too? Thanks in advance :) .

Formhault

Jun 10, 2011
Bucharest
Some mighty admin decided my other thread is useless, so he closed it. Oh well...

For anyone who's STILL wondering about here, please check that thread out... and reply HERE.

If I see no replies here... it'll mean no one wandered about here anymore, so I'll have to create A NEW thread :) .

B

baz77

Some mighty admin decided my other thread is useless, so he closed it. Oh well...

For anyone who's STILL wondering about here, please check that thread out... and reply HERE.

If I see no replies here... it'll mean no one wandered about here anymore, so I'll have to create A NEW thread :) .

yeah your Q is legit, but in wrong section mate

I guess if you're u buy a battery original, or ones that have reported to be at least good your issue will go away :)

Formhault

Jun 10, 2011
Bucharest
yeah your Q is legit, but in wrong section mate

Oh? The reason the admin gave for closing that thread was... to continue the talk in this thread. That doesn't mean "wrong section!!!!!!" :) .

I guess if you're u buy a battery original, or ones that have reported to be at least good your issue will go away :)

I know. But before I do so... I wanna make sure. Not really willing to give $20 that easily... money which I don't really afford to spend right now. So, I wanna make uber sure (am 99% sure right now) :D .

Oh and also, you might be interested in this :) .

And NO, what is being talked about in that thread is not the same with this one !!!!!!!! And it's posted in the Q&A section, which I think may be appropriate now... so I don't see any reason why that thread needs to be closed - if it happens again! -.-

Last edited:
B

baz77

Oh? The reason the admin gave for closing that thread was... to continue the talk in this thread. That doesn't mean "wrong section!!!!!!" :) .

I know. But before I do so... I wanna make sure. Not really willing to give $20 that easily... money which I don't really afford to spend right now. So, I wanna make uber sure (am 99% sure right now) :D .

Oh and also, you might be interested in this :) .

And NO, what is being talked about in that thread is not the same with this one !!!!!!!! And it's posted in the Q&A section, which I think may be appropriate now... so I don't see any reason why that thread needs to be closed - if it happens again! -.-

Yep I know the feeling of holes in my pocket. Damn moths ;)

Anyways question section is best, cause you have a Q.

I can do the battery thing but mine is stock now. And pretty darn good.

I understand the 3500mah has been proven to be better then stock, capacity wise, but prolly no where near 3500mah lol. Guess it doesnt matter. Ecell has gotten good service reviews :)

The Anker one has been found reliable as well :)

I'll do a cycle test :)

Formhault

Jun 10, 2011
Bucharest
Yep I know the feeling of holes in my pocket. Damn moths ;)

Anyways question section is best, cause you have a Q.

I can do the battery thing but mine is stock now. And pretty darn good.

I understand the 3500mah has been proven to be better then stock, capacity wise, but prolly no where near 3500mah lol. Guess it doesnt matter. Ecell has gotten good service reviews :)

The Anker one has been found reliable as well :)

I'll do a cycle test :)

Please do, and post your results here. That topic seems to still go strong... without being closed, I mean.

It doesn't matter if your battery is stock. That's what I want people to test, anyway.

I found a 2600 mAh battery from Andida, but some people say it's good, some people say it's bad... at least on other device's forums.

The GOLD 3500 mAh battery seems legit... but then again, some people say it's good, some people says it sucks badly. So I'd rather buy this :) .

prophet_in

Feb 25, 2010
Nova tester crashes on the final stage
Anyone have the same issue

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app

qazibasit

Mar 24, 2012
I just got an original battery yesterday and my note again got new life. Its amazing to see my note having back its powerhouse.
First i discharge it and then i fully charged it. Now the stats are this

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1359275726094.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359275726094.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 569
B

baz77

I just got an original battery yesterday and my note again got new life. Its amazing to see my note having back its powerhouse.
First i discharge it and then i fully charged it. Now the stats are this

good one! doing very nicely I see. Looks like you also dont have wakelocks. Mastering those and your batterylife will be awesome lol

qazibasit

Mar 24, 2012
good one! doing very nicely I see. Looks like you also dont have wakelocks. Mastering those and your batterylife will be awesome lol

My last battery was also great but within weeks of overcharge it swelled. I noticed a bump on the backcover when i hasted.

M3TALLICA

Nov 14, 2011
I get approx 2-3 hours of screen on time with my one year old battery. Idle consumption with sync on is 2% per hour. (two Gmail accounts, one Google+, yahoo messenger, Google reader, Chrome and Firefox sync, Google Drive and Box) all these are set to auto sync.

With my two new stock Samsung batteries I get 4-5 hours of screen on time.
Obviously if you use your phone continuously, you'll get more screen on time.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello people

I had the feeling that my Note's battery is not as strong as it should / used to be... so I started investigating how could I possibly test this.

Back in the day when I had the HTC Desire, there was an app that was specifically tailored for the Nexus One, that also worked on the Desire, which showed the actual mAh capacity left in your battery. So, you simply charged your battery to 100%, then fired up the app. It did work!

That apps is no longer available. Or any other app like it. What I did find, instead, was Nova Battery Tester.

So, I charged up my phone until it showed 100%. Then, I fired up Nova Battery Tester and waited for it to do its job. 50 minutes and some -45% less battery later, the results showed that my battery holds only ~1800 mAh of its claimed capacity.

Now... I would like to ask you, the community here, to do the test. Charge your phone fully, then fire up the app. The app requires that all networks are disabled, but you can just enable airplane mode, start test, then disable airplane mode and let the test finish.

So... if there's anyone willing to do this test, please share your results. Reason why I'm asking this : I want to see whether the app actually shows accurate results or not. I am sure my battery is a bit off, but still... :)
    Mhm... XDA has failed to combine these posts together. Nevermind this post and the next one :) .

XDA never pastes posts when you are the OP.
    ive got a new battery in mine and running test now
    Here we go week old anker 2700 battery

uploadfromtaptalk1358678084298.jpg

Guys, I have ordered a extended battery for my note N7000 (5200Mah) from eBay.. Will check and update you guys with the reviews.