Motoactv

Search This thread

r4dik4l

Dec 12, 2009
Weird, when I long press the homescreen to get widgets, and select widgets. it gives me calendar, news and weather, play store, power control and search.

Not sure which rom I am running, what is the newest rom? I would like to get a different if at all possible. I have been following this thread since May or so, but I lost track in a lot of June.

tansoftware

Sep 29, 2004
Toronto
More feedback is needed.

Repartitioning has been done in the past, but like tansoftware said, it could be a bit risky; but thankfully we do have fastboot. Although I'm quite against it, (I've dealt with this before, and was never particularly fond of it) an apps2ext solution would probably be best (I thought someone did this a while ago?). Apps2ext is where you create an ext partition (usually ext2/3) on your sdcard and use that as an extended /data. In the event something is damaged (I'm assuming you mean the filesystem tansoftware?) fastboot would be able to get us back to relatively safe booting environment where we should be able to repartition the sdcard correctly.

Correct me if I'm wrong CEnnis91, but if the filesystem on the SD is damaged/corrupt, even a safe environment won't allow us to repartition back to original sd state. What I've known and tested way back in 2003 was that once internal storage is corrupt, system partition or recovery no longer identify that disk. Repartitioning/Reformating always fail as preset partition table is no longer identifiable. System & Recovery identify disk partitions through a preset partition table, when you repartition manually using external software, you change the partition table signature. System and Recovery no longer identify it or access it to repartition it back to normal, unless... Now here comes the tricky part. Samsung and HTC have both developed a way to restore bad/identifiable partition tables by releasing factory partition fingerprints to be used with ODIN. When restoring a rom image using ODIN, you have the option of selecting a factory partition fingerprint which allows full repartitioning & reformating of entire internal storage prior to writing rom image.

As far as I know, fastboot does not have that option and neither do we have a MotoACTV partition fingerprint to work or rely on. That is why I am skeptical on trying my test method on the watch for now. Again, my information dates back to 2003, when PDAs' internal flash were voltage dependent. Now with Non-volatile ram, internal flash has become way more stable, but same data read/write principles apply.

My information could be slightly outdated and would love to know more about how you were able to restore internal flash using fastboot without utilizing a factory partition fingerprint.

Appreciate your valuable insight.

PS: As for what more could be installed on this watch, trust me when I say this, we've barely scratched the surface. My attempts of building a fully functional rom have failed because of the limited space we have and it's been getting on my nerves lately :p

namelez

Jun 18, 2010
I have an idea and i was wanting to know if anyone were up for the chalange? Can we pull the APK's from the motoactv itself and have them signed so we can use the notifier for tablets so it gets the text and calls?
i am a noob overall with this, but i think we can come together and with rooted devices we could have them get the notification apk from the motoactv.
Just a thought. sorry if this is not the forum but at least the idea is out there.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

CEnnis91

Feb 3, 2012
I have an idea and i was wanting to know if anyone were up for the chalange? Can we pull the APK's from the motoactv itself and have them signed so we can use the notifier for tablets so it gets the text and calls?
i am a noob overall with this, but i think we can come together and with rooted devices we could have them get the notification apk from the motoactv.
Just a thought. sorry if this is not the forum but at least the idea is out there.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

Yes but we would need to develop an app that would correctly call and interface with the app; the ripping and resigning takes 2 minutes.

speedyink

Sep 10, 2010
I've tried that already, however I don't see that settings option when I try to create a shortcut with Zeam. I know you use launcher pro and that had access to a lot more preferences in your video than Zeam seems to have.

Oh I see, I figured all the launchers could access all those options. The proper one is called com.android.settings.datetimesettings

telcodave

Jul 20, 2012
So, just getting started with my Motoactv. I have rooted and flashed cleardroid by clearD, all working fine.

Do i need to flash gapps? if so what version? and what will i gain?

thanks in advance for answering my nube questions.

a.mcdear

May 20, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
And just a side note, you guys remember this is a watch right? How many apps would you realistically use on it? =P

Its not a matter of needing more apps, its just that I don't store any media on my motoactv, I stream everything to it, so the whole /sdcard partition is just wasted space that I /could/ use for apps or data created by apps, like all my MyTracks data and stuff.

Also, I am seriously considering attempting to build an AOSP ROM for this thing, cause honestly I never use a single one of the Motorola apps on it. I think CM7.2 would be awesome, but it will take a lot of work that I'm not sure I'm competent to do yet.

NissanGuy01

Apr 27, 2007
Birmingham, AL
So, just getting started with my Motoactv. I have rooted and flashed cleardroid by clearD, all working fine.

Do i need to flash gapps? if so what version? and what will i gain?

thanks in advance for answering my nube questions.

I rooted and installed another launcher, as well as installing some gapps stuff from the zip. I pushed vending.apk and googleservicesframework.apk...however, then I decided to try a ROM. The DPRom is what I am on now. It has working google market, however, I use a marketsearch apk I found for searching.

This site has the link to the DPRom near the bottom under section "7"

motoactv dot wikispaces dot com

Liveforlaughs76

Dec 1, 2011
Sorry for the dumb question guys, but I can't seem to figure this out and I'm having trouble searching for it. I've rooted and installed cEnnis' ROM on my motoactv but I'm having trouble installing a new launcher. I am attempting to use easyModder by jaysen, and it always says "waiting for device". I plug and unplug and it doesn't recognize the device is connected, nor does adb when using the adb devices command. Help would be much appreciated. Thanks so much all.

NissanGuy01

Apr 27, 2007
Birmingham, AL
Sorry for the dumb question guys, but I can't seem to figure this out and I'm having trouble searching for it. I've rooted and installed cEnnis' ROM on my motoactv but I'm having trouble installing a new launcher. I am attempting to use easyModder by jaysen, and it always says "waiting for device". I plug and unplug and it doesn't recognize the device is connected, nor does adb when using the adb devices command. Help would be much appreciated. Thanks so much all.

Do you have the SDK installed on your PC?

http://developer.android.com/sdk/installing/index.html

si12j12

Nov 12, 2010
Battery charging issue solved?!

I believe that the battery issue is the connector between the battery and the board (pins to be exact ) because while dissasembling it I accidentally pulled the connector plug and the battery right off the board.

solution was to either solder the battery wires directly to board or try and re solder the plastic connector which has 3 pins.

These 3 pins seemed to be the cause as they seemed almost oxidated ?

After sucessfully soldering the connector pins back to the board, I cleaned the pins with alcohol and re-assembled
the unit. I has worked ever since. no more charging issues with any rom, stock , rooted , old or new roms, its all good.

* I will however mention that I charged the battery slightly directly of a 3.3v 300ma power suply to regain some charge .

CAUTION, dissassembly is not hard but putting it all back together can be challenging since there are many ribbon cables and the possibility
of detaching the battery connector as I did.

x999x

Jul 19, 2012
Got my factory cable in the mail. Time to start messing with DPRomBeta again :)

I have a great setup with ClearD's rom right now, but I do like having access to the accelerometer with the other rom.

Is it possible to just add the bits with that enable the accelerometer to ClearD's rom? I actually pushed the services.jar file over from DP's thread onto ClearD's install because I liked how wifi stayed on until you disabled it manually. The battery icon got a little borked, but its just cosmetic, and works great.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CWMR ported

Hello,

I have ported CWMR 5.0.2.7 to the Motoactv (F100) device.

actvcmwr.png

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

The procedure for this is as follows. You MUST have working adb knowledge to use this and you must be able to restore using the available tool should any problems arise. This is considered an ALPHA release that may need additional work. I did not have access to the device during the port so all testing was done through TheEndGame7. THERE MAY BE ISSUES, you are warned.

1) Download this file: CWMR5x_F100_recoveryA.img
    2) adb push CWMR5x_F100_recoveryA.img /data/local/
    3) adb shell (become root)
    4) dd if=/data/local/CWMR5x_F100_recoveryA.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk1p13
    5) exit adb from the device
    6) adb reboot recovery (you should be in CWMR now)

The source for the device config is here. Please feel free to go wild with development on this because I do not have the device and likely won't be contributing much more except bug fixes. If you use this source, please give credit where it's due.

NOTE: there are missing images(known). This is because the ramdisk is EXTREMELY finicky on this device and it WILL NOT BOOT past 3.66mb in size. I trimmed out things that weren't needed in order to make this work. The basic functionality you need should be there. adb is also not functioning properly yet within recovery.

ramdisk config:
    https://github.com/utkanos/android_motorola_F100_initrd

device config:
    https://github.com/utkanos/android_device_motorola_F100

credits:
    koush for cwmr.
    TheEndGame7 for being my testing guinea pig.
    hashcode for some helpful insight.
    MotoACTV Easy Modder v0.1

Post removed, see below.
    Well, it was a *****, but here is build 2, moving to Beta at this point in 'Moto red' by request of TEG.

ayu6vRFV

There is 1 lingering issue: usb support in recovery. It is a bastard, going to really have to tear this thing apart to debug why. Right now, recovery can backup, restore, wipe, flash roms, etc. All the stuff you're used to working, now does. I fixed images by shrinking the kernel to fit more stuff in here. You should no longer get any weird image errors. I bumped you up to 5.0.2.8 source as well.

Flash this file the same as before via adb and dd.
    CWMR5x_F100_recoveryB.img

adb push CWMR5x_F100_recoveryB.img /data/local/
    adb shell
    # dd if=/data/local/CWMR5x_F100_recoveryB.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk1p13
    # exit
    adb reboot recovery

Some additional notes I'd like to share that might help you as you mess with this device now that I've played with one.

1) NEVER use adb reboot bootloader for any reason. You get stuck in a ****tily programmed loop of hell. The way out of this loop is by following these instructions:

a) hold START, POWER, VOL UP, VOL DOWN together for 10 seconds at least. You should see the screen flicker on and off twice.
    b) plug in the USB cable to turn device on
    c) you should boot back to rom, if not, do it again. It's touchy.

2) The 'soft' reset is done by START + POWER for 5 seconds.

Enjoy. Source is updated. This will likely be the last update unless I get adb working.

Credits: koush for cwmr
    TheEndGame7 for providing a device
    ClearD for files
    Attached is the latest copy of my MotoACTV Easy Modder v1.0. This is a MAJOR upgrade! Adds numerous features and completely revises how backups are stored on the computer. Need to use 7zip to extract it, wouldn't let me upload that big of a .zip file.

To make this version see your old backups, open your IMGs folder, make a new folder (no spaces), drag all your old .img files into it.

ChangeLog:
    v1.0 Updated 1/16/12
    - Redesigned GUI
    - Integrated SuperOneClick (Very basic at the moment)
    - Backup (Boot, Recovery, System, Cache, Userdata, All)
    - Restore (Boot, Recovery, System, Cache, Userdata, All)
    - Added more Button Remaps (21 configurations)
    - Run Custom ADB commands
    - Run Custom Fastboot commands

v0.8 Updated 1/12/12
    - Fixed a few errors
    - Made ADB pause until a device is detected before continuing
    - New method of button remapping (DELETE "Keypads" folder from previous version)
    - Cleaned code

v0.6 Updated 01/09/12
    - Backup
    - Now supports multiple images
    - Restore / Flash
    - Flash Custom Boot.img
    - Implemented Userdata Restore
    - Implemented System and Userdata Restore
    - Mods
    - Install Custom APKs
    - Tools
    - Remount filesystem as Read/Write
    - Modified "Clean '/system/app'"

v0.1 Initial Release
    - Backup (System.img and Userdata.img)
    - Restore (System.img and Userdata.img)
    - Remap Buttons (7 different configurations)
    - Install Launcher (Honeycomb and Zeam)
    - Replace Stock PackageInstaller.apk with one from CyanogenMod
    - Remove MotoCRAP (Strip '/system/app')
    - Restart MotoACTV
    - Stop ADB (Enables MotoSync and Mass Storage)

Future Plans:
    - Market Installer
    - Port scripts to *nix and Mac

Screenshots:
    http://xdaforums.com/album.php?albumid=5789

Download:
    Newer version posted later in thread. Page 55.
    Working on an All-in-One batch file with an easy to use menu to try and make the alleviate some problems people are having so that the IRC can be used more for development progress and creative ideas rather than support.

Features:
    - Backup (system.img and userdata.img)
    - Restore (system.img and userdata.img)
    - Install Launcher (Honeycomb and Zeam)
    - Replace PackageInstaller.apk
    - Remap Buttons (7 configurations)
    - Restart
    - Stop ADB (Enables MotoSync and Mass Storage)

Attached are a few screenshots. Let me know if there is anything else I should include.