[Q] Galaxy Gear 2 with Note 2 (Stock) users?

Search This thread

kbanes

Jul 8, 2010
I was initially turned off of the Galaxy Gear 2 by the price, but I understand that there are some refurbs avaiable for $99, so I was wondering if anyone in the Note 2 forum on the stock rom has an opinion on it. I really only want to use it for email notification and as a controller of my Google Play music library.

I really figured that I was going to wait on Motorola's upcoming watch, but for $99 ...

Any difference in pre-tizen and post-tizen?

Thanks for your time.

kbanes

slaydog

Dec 14, 2009
I was initially turned off of the Galaxy Gear 2 by the price, but I understand that there are some refurbs avaiable for $99, so I was wondering if anyone in the Note 2 forum on the stock rom has an opinion on it. I really only want to use it for email notification and as a controller of my Google Play music library.

I really figured that I was going to wait on Motorola's upcoming watch, but for $99 ...

Thanks for your time.

kbanes
I really like mine, but I don't think it will work with a stock Note 2 ROM, although you may be able to get notifications of you tweak it

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

TheATHEiST

Sep 29, 2008
Hull
Samsung Galaxy S9+
Samsung Galaxy S21

Thanks for your time.

kbanes

Where have you seen refurbs for $99??

You're probably mixed up with the 1st gen or the neo.

slaydog

Dec 14, 2009
Yes, you are quite right. I did mistake a Gen 1 for for a Gen 2.

The refurbs are available at the Best Buy website.

Sorry for the error.

kbanes
You can get the Gear 2 Neo new for $150 from AT&T (even if you are not on AT&T).
See my post in the Gear 2 form general thread if interested...

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

jjamespark

Jul 2, 2014
228 idivera

Thanks for your time.

kbanes

is gear really necessary?

mikespe

Dec 19, 2010
I just ordered a refurb Gear 1 from SlickDeals last week. It's out for delivery today so I can't give my opinion just yet. However based on what I read the only real difference is the heart rate monitor on the Gear 2. (Well as long as you upgrade to Tizen)...I think I will upgrade the Gear 1 to Tizen since I really don't need a 1 inch screen for viewing full blown Android apps! LOL I can barely see the screen on my Note 2 HAHAHA!!!

---------- Post added at 07:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 PM ----------

is gear really necessary?

Is a smartphone really necessary? Is the S Pen really necessary? Can't we just stick with old flip phones?

buynewgadgets

Jul 17, 2014
Full Featured Smartphone Accessories

:D:D:DGet the full specification of each mobile full featured stuff makes an easy choice for those who wanted to buy new phones also now compare prices here information related Smartphones , Tablets

;);)Here are some Samsung specification phones take a look :cyclops::cyclops::cyclops:

buynewgadgets
:good::good::good::good::good: