[TOOL] [for CDMA ONLY] Task 29 (format internal Memory) without drivers, without mtty

Search This thread

cajunflavoredbob

May 1, 2010
Your Basement
The girlfriend is trying to run Task29 on a Vista machine, and for some reason it just will not work. No error messages, just nothing happens after she confirms permissions. Common?

After rebooting the PC, make sure the device is in the bootloader and plugged into the USB port. Then check to see that "USB" is displayed at the bottom of the device's screen instead of "SERIAL." After this, disable your PC's firewall and/or antivirus software and try the program again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i thought of re doing doloop's modd for CDMA TP2 :)
    and here it is :) fully tested to be working :)
    confirmation thnx to ziggy471: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=6052356&postcount=97
    now we can mtty our TP2 without having the need of MTTY and its drivers :)

INSTRUCTIONS:
    - download and unzip
    - put you favorite RADIO in the mix
    - run then task29.exe and wait for it to finish.....
    - device will reboot but will neva go past the bootscreen coz there is no OS to boot :eek:
    - take our batti and then flash a rom using mSD card or by taking device into bootloader and using customRUU to load ur favorite ROM :)

DOWNLOAD:
    View attachment task29.zip

CREDIT:
    all credit goes to doloop for coming up with the idea :)
    Hi,

I hex edited RomUpdateUtility.exe so it runs task 29 right after flashing ruu_signed.nbh

As every one understand this command format the rom,

Just unzip and run task29.exe . You may replace ruu_signed.nbh with the radio of your choice.

After the phone reset itself, your old rom will be gone, so it won't boot: binfs has been formated, your phone memory is clean.
    You'll need to power up in bootloader mode (press vol down right after power key), then use the leocustomruu.exe provided with your favorite rom package, or flash it from memory card using standard procedure.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=5845908&postcount=1
    or is there any task29 which doesnt flashes the radio, only performs task29. n radio remains as it is..

can some pls elaborate...
    the easy to use task29.exe tool must flash a rom. Here is one Ziggy471 made that just flashes the boot splash. doesn't touch your radio.
    http://www.ziggy471.com/downloads/Task29.exe
    I am still getting error 240 File Open on my XP machine.
    :(
    Question,does this SD need to be n the phone for this?
    Because,it isn't.

Also,if I try to run Task29 as administrator I get a different error.
    Error 202 connection.

Did you remember to disable your antivirus software and shut down your firewall (if different software)? Both of these errors, after performing all the steps up to this point, are indicative of antivirus software blocking the program's access to the device. It seems to either be that or you have a shoddy USB cable.

Also, you don't actually need to run task29 if you don't want to. You could try to flash a ROM and then do a hard reset afterward. This seems to work in a similar manner, albeit a bit more lengthy.