Official Froyo [BETA Firmware, NO LONGER AVAILABLE ON KIES, MUST use ODIN]

Search This thread

j0bro

May 28, 2006
Eindhoven
The reg edit was what I did, too. Was on JM2 before. Oh, and Kies was in Test mode!

How can I make a screenshot to make you believers?
You make a screenshot of Kies as well and from the Settings menu in your Galaxy S to show the security settings for example which have changed in Froyo.

dereknas

Mar 16, 2007
Ipoh
man, this is too good to be true....quickly post some pics please...
i reserve my joy until it is confirmed that this is the "real" thing :p

scheichuwe

Sep 23, 2009
happy place
would do it, but I ehhmmm always use my phone as cam :)

No seriosly is there a market app or sth. Don't wanna get stoned only because of having not provided a screen...

The latest Froyo-build from Hongkong has a screen capture function.
Press an hold the BACK button, then press and hold the HOME button for a few seconds. Should work as well on JPC (if it's real..).

mderm

Sep 18, 2008
Magdeburg
Oh forgot to mention... nearly bricked my phone while updating, needed several tries with repartion, then got to working JM5 and then updated without problems to JPC. I think it was because of one of these early oneClickLagfixes.

speedweed

Jul 22, 2010
Can you guys make a dump of this firmware, and upload it somewhere so we can all grab it and flash with odin :)

ed10000

Jun 9, 2010
I'm not exactly jumping with joy. Kinda disappointed to be honest. I was hoping Samsung would take their time and optimize JIT for the Hummingbird, fix lag and GPS issues and stuff. I doubt they could have done all of it in such short period of time. And if they're done with Froyo, why is the Fascinate being released with Eclair?!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

dezshiz

Aug 14, 2010
too good to be true???!!

quick post some benchmarks and check to see if they fixed gps, etc

exadeci

Jul 21, 2010
Sydney
I'm not exactly jumping with joy. Kinda disappointed to be honest. I was hoping Samsung would take their time and optimize JIT for the Hummingbird, fix lag and GPS issues and stuff. I doubt they could have done all of it in such short period of time. And if they're done with Froyo, why is the Fascinate being released with Eclair?!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

Well their release was supposed to be end of september and this could be one of serveral updates or maybe they just said end of september in case of problems so they wouldn't have unhappy customers but instead happy customers for having the release befor due date ^^

kuposh

Feb 19, 2008
viareggio
I can't flash via kies because it says me "the version of this device can't be upgraded ( la versione di questo dispositivo non può essere aggiornata) "
i come from ZSJP2 :(