My tablet doesn't see the ICS OTA update

Search This thread

scubapro10

Sep 18, 2009
Hello,

I'm trying to check for the ICS OTA update for my Iconia A500 but i keep getting the "Your device is up to date" answer since 2 days.

My A500 was never rooted, it is running the official 3.2.1 ROM, and was only updated with all previous official OTA Acer updates. More details here below:

Model Number: A500
Android Version: 3.2.1
Kernel Version: 2.6.36.3+
Build Number: Acer_A500_7.014.14_COM_GEN1

I've also tried to uninstall and reinstall the "ICONIA TAB Update Enhancement" app from the Google Play store but it does not work either.

Any idea why my table can't see the official ICS OTA updated?

Thanks

Kinz1980

Feb 11, 2011
Mukwonago
Did you get the update app in Google play? Search Acer it should be right there. I did that last night and this morning I updated to ics

Sent from my ADR6350 using xda premium

scubapro10

Sep 18, 2009
Did you get the update app in Google play? Search Acer it should be right there. I did that last night and this morning I updated to ics

Sent from my ADR6350 using xda premium

Yes, as mentioned, I also tried to uninstall and re-install the Acer "ICONIA TAB Update Enhancement" application from Google Play but the OTA update is still not visible :(

newdad23

Apr 20, 2012
I also do not have a System Update under the system settings option. I am rooted and did have flexreaper ics, but went back to stock 3.2.1 with root and busybox..... but no update option showing. Any way to fix this?

Last edited:

dave_w_h

Feb 18, 2012
Markham
No Joy as well

I have not received the update as of yet. I am sure it will update. I wonder if they have delayed the update due to some of the issues I have been reading about the past day.

brianlovelace

Apr 29, 2012
I also do not have a System Update under the system settings option. I am rooted and did have flexreaper ics, but went back to stock 3.2.1 with root and busybox..... but no update option showing. Any way to fix this?

I am having the same problem. I downgraded back to Honeycomb 3.2.1 and then unrooted using the ROM Manager app... I'm just confused and a little disappointed that this isn't working. I guess I shouldn't have jumped the gun and used the flexreaper rom early :/

chris8599

Aug 10, 2010
i was having the same problem but it was me being lazy and don't want to wifi OTA from 3.01 to ICS. it turned out the 3.2 stock rom i have flashed always get the message of "your device is up to date". so i simply do a full restore of my original system and it OTA without problem. hope this would help out some of you stuck on the "your device is up to date". i noticed my updated stock rom is kept at GEN2 and GEN 2 is for US. so you guys could try to flash with the stock Acer_A500_7.006.01_COM_GEN2 rom and see if it would solve your problem if you never backed up your original system. Below is the link with all the stock available thanks to vache:). i forgot to mention that the stock 3.2 i had flash is GEN1 that gives me the message of "device already up to date". after i wifi OTA from my original stock system 3.01 to ICS, i noticed they all have GEN2 after it.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1113878

Last edited:

scubapro10

Sep 18, 2009
i was having the same problem but it was me being lazy and don't want to wifi OTA from 3.01 to ICS. it turned out the 3.2 stock rom i have flashed always get the message of "your device is up to date". so i simply do a full restore of my original system and it OTA without problem. hope this would help out some of you stuck on the "your device is up to date". i noticed my updated stock rom is kept at GEN2 and GEN 2 is for US. so you guys could try to flash with the stock Acer_A500_7.006.01_COM_GEN2 rom and see if it would solve your problem if you never backed up your original system. Below is the link with all the stock available thanks to vache:). i forgot to mention that the stock 3.2 i had flash is GEN1 that gives me the message of "device already up to date". after i wifi OTA from my original stock system 3.01 to ICS, i noticed they all have GEN2 after it.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1113878

OK, being fedup of waiting for the OTA update, I did the update manually myself. I've tried first to use the 3.2 GEN2 update then tried to run OTA but it did not worked ("your device is up to date"). So the only solution left was to do the update using the ICS update.zip that was available in the post URL you mentionned. And now my tablet is up and running with ICS.

Thanks a lot to all for your help and especially to chris8599

Last edited: