[Q] Please HELP! Can't mount SD card

Search This thread

TarekElsakka

Sep 27, 2008
Cairo
Hi guys

I was using Philz Touch Recovery in order to install ViperOne ROM (chose the install a new ROM instead of just wipe data option). I successfully did that but the phone took forever and still didn't boot in the ROM, it was just stuck at the HTC splash screen forever.

I decided to go back and flash TWRP instead and then wipe the device but then I realized that the SD card was NOT mounting. I went back to Philz Touch Recovery, same thing. Now I am stuck without a ROM, and with a SD card that will NOT mount in recovery.

I tried sideloading the ROM via ADB and it reached about 50% then gave me a "fail: protocol error" or something like that.

I really don't know what to do.

Right now I am attempting to copy the ROM to my external SD card, insert it into the device and try to install it from recovery, but I am not sure if that's even going to work.

Please help me guys! I My device is S-OFF (which I just achieved today and it was a PAIN IN THE *SS) and of course bootloader unlocked and with superCID 11111111. Would running a .401 RUU help? I cannot find one though.

TarekElsakka

Sep 27, 2008
Cairo
I tried installing the ROM from external SD card and it failed. I don't know what to do! please help

EDIT: I think I fixed the problem. I believe the SD card was formatted poorly thanks to Philz Touch Recovery (CWM Advanced Edition) and formatting it using TWRP fixed it. It now shows up in recovery and is mountable.

Reactions: ardalon11

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I tried installing the ROM from external SD card and it failed. I don't know what to do! please help

EDIT: I think I fixed the problem. I believe the SD card was formatted poorly thanks to Philz Touch Recovery (CWM Advanced Edition) and formatting it using TWRP fixed it. It now shows up in recovery and is mountable.