HTC Sues Apple....

Search This thread

Gusar321

May 5, 2011
Shame on you HTC. Now you're no better than the other people with lawsuits.
There's a big difference in using patents offensively and using them defensively. HTC didn't use those patents to attack, it's launching a counter-suit merely as a reaction to being attacked.

It's a brilliant masterplan by Google to protect their Android partners, I must say. If one of them gets attacked, Google slips them some patents so they can defend themselves.

Apple is the one who attacked, and there's no shame whatsoever in standing up against a bully.

J

jianC

I wouldn't hope for either side to win (although leaning towards HTC :D), but that somehow, some law will be created to avoid the abuse of the patent system..

maxe30is

Aug 30, 2011
WA
except for the fact they were sued first and wone then sued again and now there fighting back. aka
bullie starts fight goes to the teacher, bullie starts another fight kid says **** and and gives the bullie a beating

yea i completely agree. apple sees that it's better days have passed or passing. and they just don't want to go down with dignity so they try to sue anyone they can think of without proper grounds. idiots.......

go HTC! :D

J

jianC

"The lawsuit contends the Mac computer, iPhone, iPod, iPad, iCloud and iTunes are infringing patents for a way to upgrade software wirelessly; a way to transfer data between a microprocessor and a support chip; a method to store user preferences, and a way to provide consistent contact between application software and a radio modem."

That is an epic win lawsuit right there by HTC haha~

vetvito

Dec 31, 2007
Those are some serious ass patents. Not some simple stuff Apple has been complaining about.

MikeyMike01

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 23, 2010
I know objectivity will be hard to find here, but to call Apple a "bully" is fairly laughable. Or rather, to single them out as such is.

Mobile-lawsuits1-550x550-a.jpg

And that doesn't include some of the more recent ones, such as Samsung vs. Apple, or HTC vs. Apple.

Two wrongs don't make a right. Or in this case, 25 wrongs don't make a right.

Feel free to resume cheerleading.

Last edited:

rikardo1979

Jan 29, 2009
Poole, UK
I hope this wars end one nice day ;) and all these giants start work together to bring more to us users/buyers (the moving wheels of their businesses).
But till than I like that Apple may finaly taste its own sh..t ;)
:cool:

ph00ny

Aug 10, 2008
New York
Like i said in the other thread regarding apple vs samsung, it's pretty ridiculous. HTC bought S3 just to sue apple and now this. LOL

sameog

Apr 21, 2010
San Francisco
Apple's has been player hatin' on ALL smartphone makers since Day One. Apple has wanted to control the smartphone market ever since. Of course, now, Apple knows full well its consumers DO have choices and competition is a consumer's tool.

In short, long live Android! I loved it then and love it even more now! ;-)

AngelComa

Sep 8, 2011
Got to say, I'm not mad about this at all. I support Google helping manufactures fight off stupid patent wars with Apple.

z33dev33l

Oct 17, 2008
Austin, TX
I'll be laughing when apple wins, not because it's right, but because there are a lot of conservatives on these boards. These conservatives are going to support an american-made company that's been around forever over a cheap Taiwanese company that's only been worth looking at for a couple of years.

bleach168

Apr 14, 2010
I'll be laughing when apple wins, not because it's right, but because there are a lot of conservatives on these boards. These conservatives are going to support an american-made company that's been around forever over a cheap Taiwanese company that's only been worth looking at for a couple of years.

So many things wrong with this statement I don't know where to begin...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Remember that recent capacitive multi-touch mobile display patent Apple applied for a long time ago...before HTC or any of the other smartphone makers started using the tech...and was recently awarded?

There's really no way for Apple to lose. The display patent is comparative to a nuclear bomb, which they could employ if things go against them.

I'm guessing you haven't followed how most of these patent was play out. As you said, Apple's multi-touch patent is a nuclear bomb. One which Apple was dumb enough to aim at the other children and try use as a weapon of mass-destruction.

The patents handed to HTC (along with the ones they already own) aren't any less potent. Now we have a nuclear deterrent. This standoff will most likely play out exactly as expected - each side will be forced to settle to avoid Mutually Assured Destruction. Then everyone can go back to their corners and do what they should be doing - developing new technologies and competing for market share by making more desirable products. To quote the movie Other People's Money: "Lawyers are like nuclear weapons. They have theirs so I have mine. As soon as you use one, they f@#k everything up."

The majority of these patents are a joke - none of the companies actually invented the technologies they have patents for. Multi-touch? Pinch-to-zoom? These were features of the Microsoft Surface 10 years before Apple even thought about the tablet or smartphone markets. Apple didn't invent the tablet, they didn't invent the smartphone, and they didn't invent any of the crucial technologies these platforms use. Hell, even IOS and OS X are based around BSD - not very different from Android's Linux roots.

Apple has a great talent for making beautiful designs, and wrapping existing technologies into a amazingly marketable devices, that usually look advanced enough to appear to be alien technology. From that point of view they are almost unbeatable. However, trying to pretend like they invented these concepts is just sad......
    apple sued by HTC

this is great, apple get a taste of their own medicine

lol

regards
    Shame on you HTC. Now you're no better than the other people with lawsuits.
    The Prada was not a mass-market phone.
    So what? It shows that Apple wasn't some brilliant inventor that came up with something unique. It shows that that's the direction tech went in and would go even if there was no Apple.

Then there's something else I mentioned a while ago, here - the availability of technology part.

And resistive display tech isn't capacitive and doesn't count.
    This I addressed here.To quote:
    Multi-touch has been around for a loooooong time before Apple used it. But because there's now capacitive screens around it's suddenly something that can be patented?? That's just another example of the idiocy of patents. You take a whole bunch of stuff that existed before, add something that might actually be new, and then you claim the whole thing for yourself as if you came up with *all* of it, not just the one tiny part.

So just because there's now capacitive touchscreens, Apple can claim anything on their phones as their invention? Yeah, right.