[Q] Lost USB connection after SE bootloader unlock

Search This thread

ibyellow

Mar 12, 2011
After searching the forums i still havent found a solution.

The problem is i decided to unlock the bootloader using Sony on my Arc S a day ago.
Now when i connect the USB it will not connect to the MSC or MTP though the computer pings and sony companion comes up but says the usual reboot etc.

I have tried all the different combinations of turning USB debug and other things on and off but to no avail.

Has anyone else had this problems and fixed it?

ibyellow

Mar 12, 2011
Sorry to say thats not working :s

Any idea if factory reset may work? Holding off doing that cos hate having to put everything back on lol

ibyellow

Mar 12, 2011
Factory reset did not work :(

Any thought on my next options would be appreciated?

Can i still install a different ROM to the memory card? I have no recovery so i dont know if i can do much of anything?

Thanks for any help.

imkid5359

Jan 5, 2012
is your camera and home button not functioning too ? reflash back using flashtool or if it doesn't work, use wotanserver..

Reactions: ibyellow

ibyellow

Mar 12, 2011
I now have it running after using Wotanserver twice :s

The only problem now is it wont root (Bootloader is still unloacked, did it via Sony)?

I tried Doomlord but it says read only as it tries to do it.

I dont know how to use flashtools as for some reason it wont install on my computer (possible Kasperski stopping this).

How do you reinstall the ADB drivers cos i think that may be the problem.

ibyellow

Mar 12, 2011
Managed to get flash tools installed and that rooted it :)
It now wont update OTA so wondered if sony companion will update but will flash tools root after?

Lots of thanks to everyone for there help seems i have question after question lol.

Just when i think i know what i'm doing i get another phone and it starts again. Sticking with sony now though even if they dont have Gorrilla glass ;)

Top Liked Posts