Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

cordell12

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 22, 2010
Dayton, TX
SlimBeanOP2.png

Disclaimer: We are not responsible for any damages on your device.

Original Slim Features:

1. The Real Dark Slim
  2. Notification drawer Shortcuts
  3. Full hardware key rebinding!
  4. Keyboard rotation
  5. SlimCenter

Check out our full feature list here

Changelog
Find our latest Changelog go here

Chat with the slim team and other slim users
  • IRC: #slimusers @freenode
  • New to IRC? Don't have a native app? Try the Freenode web client [link] or the Firefox extension Chatzilla [link]
  • Google+ [link]
  • Twitter [link]
  • Facebook [Link]

Installation instructions
For Most Users
Please keep in mind if a special instruction is needed it will be noted in the Changelog
  • Download the latest build from [here]
  • Addons ( if you don't have it already) from [here]
  • !Recommended! Full wipe, and manual format /system
  • Flash ROM and the addons you want, reboot

FAQ
Check out out FAQ before posting! Keeps more common questions answered in one place!

Help us out!
If you want to help us by translating slim to your language check out Crowdin.net and submite your translations.
Or consider a donation.

Thanks!
You can find the full list of credits here

Source
Please visit here for the rom source code.
Kernel source can be found here

Last edited:

cordell12

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 22, 2010
Dayton, TX
How To Install SlimBean
For Most Users
Please keep in mind if a special instruction is needed it will be noted in the Changelog
  • !recommended! Full wipe, and manual format /system

Changelog
Find our latest Changelog [here]

FAQ
Check out our FAQ before posting! Keeps more common questions answered in one place! Take a peek [here]

Bug list
For a list of confirmed bugs look [here]

Thanks!
Big thanks to CM team, without them SlimRoms wouldn't be possible.
You can find the full list of credits [here]

Source
Please visit [here] for the source code.

Last edited:

Whiplashh

Jun 29, 2012
Downloading now! Android 4.2!! Thank you! Been waiting for this!

--------------------------------------------------------
Sent From My Rooted, S-OFF'd Blackberry Curve using the iOS XDA Application for Android.

Xontic

Jun 18, 2010
New Hyde Park
I'm glad to see Slim is back and up with 4.2. I am curious as to the stability of this, and if GPS works. Every time I check the bugs list I only see the 2 bugs. Just curious if this is good for a daily driver yet. I am currently on CM 10.1 nightlies.

davidja92

Jul 16, 2010
los angeles
im sure this is because its a beta rom but the settings list is missing a lot of stuff like developers option and such?
....edit....been on this rom for about an hour no problems whatsoever and its seems like great battery life

Last edited:

Notorious

Aug 23, 2011
Sydney
Google Pixel 3 XL
OnePlus 9
im sure this is because its a beta rom but the settings list is missing a lot of stuff like developers option and such?

developer options were hidden in the 4.2 update so noobs didnt mess their phones up. If you got to settings>about phone and you tap/hold the build number( i think it was build number) it should enable developer options

Last edited:

teh roxxorz

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 21, 2010
developer options were hidden in the 4.2 update so noobs didnt mess their phones up. If you got to settings>about phone and you tap/hold the build number( i think it was build number) it should enable developer options

Yea, that's true; but I give you permission to play with dev options. :D

davidja92

Jul 16, 2010
los angeles
No, tap "Build Number" in about phone 7 times to make this feature show. Its hidden by default in 4.2

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

thanks soo much wasnt aware of the feature being hidden

---------- Post added at 12:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 PM ----------

one more very noobish question i cant seem the get the camera to save pictures in my folder on my external sd card its just save internally..how do i change that?

teh roxxorz

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 21, 2010

Well like he said, probably maybe 30% of people root, so majority would never know...but our eyes are open. ;)

---------- Post added at 03:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:11 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 12:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 PM ----------

one more very noobish question i cant seem the get the camera to save pictures in my folder on my external sd card its just save internally..how do i change that?

Did you go into camera settings and enable store location?

Press and hold in the center of screen > drag down to the menu

Ckao

Apr 20, 2011
The Mail for exchange is missing...can anyone help?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium

aseercte

Jun 17, 2010
Everything is working else working besides youtube

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium

davidja92

Jul 16, 2010
los angeles
Well like he said, probably maybe 30% of people root, so majority would never know...but our eyes are open. ;)

---------- Post added at 03:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:11 PM ----------

Did you go into camera settings and enable store location?

Press and hold in the center of screen > drag down to the menu

yea that is enabled but i cant change to save on sd card

countryteazer

Jul 5, 2008
This is incredibly fast and smooth -- thanks for sharing, cordell12! One question, this also has the phantom VM problem -- do you have a phone.apk that fixes it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SlimBeanOP2.png

Disclaimer: We are not responsible for any damages on your device.

Original Slim Features:

1. The Real Dark Slim
    2. Notification drawer Shortcuts
    3. Full hardware key rebinding!
    4. Keyboard rotation
    5. SlimCenter

Check out our full feature list here

Changelog
    Find our latest Changelog go here

Chat with the slim team and other slim users
    • IRC: #slimusers @freenode
    • New to IRC? Don't have a native app? Try the Freenode web client [link] or the Firefox extension Chatzilla [link]
    • Google+ [link]
    • Twitter [link]
    • Facebook [Link]

Installation instructions
    For Most Users
    • !Recommended! Full wipe, and manual format /system

FAQ
    Check out out FAQ before posting! Keeps more common questions answered in one place!

Help us out!
    If you want to help us by translating slim to your language check out Crowdin.net and submite your translations.
    Or consider a donation.

Thanks!
    You can find the full list of credits here

Source
    Please visit here for the rom source code.
    Kernel source can be found here
    Status Update...

I've been pretty busy at work, 6 days a week, 12+ hours a day (outside/Texas/HOT!). So I am pretty beat to say the least. Just want to let everyone know that 4.3 IS currently being worked on, we have it booted and running on Nexus devices, so the rest will follow suit shortly :good:

also, the CDMA d2 devices (d2spr/d2vzw/d2usc) will be getting a new maintainer. I currently have 8 devices and its just to much to juggle with family and work. Plus I don't have a d2 any more and new maintainer does. If he wants to/ready to announce himself, then he can do so, or we will have a formal announcement later, as well as threads transferred. I want to Thank you all for supporting me and Slim, as well as helping me and each other with your devices and the threads. You guys are GREAT and are what makes all this worth it. Without your support the fun is gone, and it can become almost meaningless, job like :( This is definitely not the case here though! Not to get all mushy, but you guys have made this experience well worth it :good: just wanted to say "Thank You" and i hope to see ALL of you on a like device soon ;)

Thanks
    How To Install SlimBean
    For Most Users
    • !recommended! Full wipe, and manual format /system

Changelog
    Find our latest Changelog [here]

FAQ
    Check out our FAQ before posting! Keeps more common questions answered in one place! Take a peek [here]

Bug list
    For a list of confirmed bugs look [here]

Thanks!
    Big thanks to CM team, without them SlimRoms wouldn't be possible.
    You can find the full list of credits [here]

Source
    Please visit [here] for the source code.
    The feeling entitlement that some have is what ruins this whole thing called Android. Nothing discourages anyone more than some ass-hat posting some off the wall crap about what s/he wants, and wants it now. I had a guy tell me that I should manage my time more efficiently, rather than post in threads I should use that time to build Nightlies so he can keep up with CM Nightlies on Slim, WTF?

Anyway, maybe this will help lift some spirits, http://d-h.st/V9m <--- Linaro built kernel inside :silly:
    Got a PM the other day, I have been approved for RD status, go me! LOL

Thanks for all the help/feedback/testing, I couldnt do it without you guys!

For those who are curious about the 3.4 kernel, build4 will be the 3.4 kernel, it is now stable enough to put out in a build. the reason I stayed with the 3.0 is at the time of build3 release there were major issues with "freezes" on the 3.4 kernel. These are all gone now, and the phone call freeze, I haven't gotten one on 3.4 BUT, on the 3.0 kernel I have only gotten this once, so...