FINAL-[ROM][4.4.4r2]p6200/p6210/t869](11Nov2014)CM-11.0 Unofficial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

epidemic11

Jul 21, 2011
there's only one proper answer for questions related to ART (for now at least).
DON'T ENABLE ART IF YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO MAKE IT WORK.

Yeah right. Sadly, I know how to make it work. I have a Nexus 4 with the latest AOSPA 4.4 and PA GAPPS and I MADE ART WORK. So don't come telling me that I don't know how to make it work. I did everything to make ART work with this P6200. But it is giving me a hard time. I flashed and reflashed at least 8 times already. I tried the latest PA GAPPS and Daniel's ODEXED GAPPS.

Come on, reply in CAPS LOCK mode again.

gingerboy92

May 7, 2011
Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 4G
Xiaomi 12
Yeah right. Sadly, I know how to make it work. I have a Nexus 4 with the latest AOSPA 4.4 and PA GAPPS and I MADE ART WORK. So don't come telling me that I don't know how to make it work. I did everything to make ART work with this P6200. But it is giving me a hard time. I flashed and reflashed at least 8 times already. I tried the latest PA GAPPS and Daniel's ODEXED GAPPS.

Come on, reply in CAPS LOCK mode again.

if you know how to make it work, then you shouldn't be asking. There's an obvious reason of why Google left it disabled by default. You also should know that you shouldn't be complaining about an experimental feature.

epidemic11

Jul 21, 2011
if you know how to make it work, then you shouldn't be asking. There's an obvious reason of why Google left it disabled by default. You also should know that you shouldn't be complaining about an experimental feature.

Dude, I'm not even complaining. OK, tell me how can you make ART work? Yeah it's as simple as:

1. installing 4.4 ROM
2. flashing ODEXED GAPPS
3. activating ART

how hard is that?

With my Nexus 4 it works great without any issues. I know there are many incompatible apps but I don't care. I would just uninstall those incompatible apps and I'm fine. I don't need Whatsapp, I don't need Titanium Backup.

The thing here is that, if I did every step properly and exhausted remedies, then the problem might be with the ROM itself.

I'm raising these questions so that Daniel would know that there is a problem with this part of his ROM and so that might be able to do something about it.

Again, I am not complaining. I am seeking help for a possible bug in Daniel's ROM.

You're so illogical.

gingerboy92

May 7, 2011
Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 4G
Xiaomi 12
Dude, I'm not even complaining. OK, tell me how can you make ART work? Yeah it's as simple as:

1. installing 4.4 ROM
2. flashing ODEXED GAPPS
3. activating ART

how hard is that?

With my Nexus 4 it works great without any issues. I know there are many incompatible apps but I don't care. I would just uninstall those incompatible apps and I'm fine. I don't need Whatsapp, I don't need Titanium Backup.

The thing here is that, if I did every step properly and exhausted remedies, then the problem might be with the ROM itself.

I'm raising these questions so that Daniel would know that there is a problem with this part of his ROM and so that might be able to do something about it.

Again, I am not complaining. I am seeking help for a possible bug in Daniel's ROM.

You're so illogical.

all right lil boy. whatever makes you happy.

WhosAsking

Jan 14, 2013
all right lil boy. whatever makes you happy.
I think the big problem is that we're using an experimental feature in an experimental ROM build. IOW, there's no guarantee it's going to work at all. I know there are a number of KK ROMs even for top-end devices that have intentionally blocked access to ART because it was just plain too buggy for their builds. Indeed, I just tried ART with this build and got stuck on the CM logo screen, forcing me to start over (I tried it just after install, so this is just a nuisance to me), so I suspect ART is not ready for prime time on this ROM.

DigitalMD

Mar 16, 2010
Washington DC
I think the big problem is that we're using an experimental feature in an experimental ROM build. IOW, there's no guarantee it's going to work at all. I know there are a number of KK ROMs even for top-end devices that have intentionally blocked access to ART because it was just plain too buggy for their builds. Indeed, I just tried ART with this build and got stuck on the CM logo screen, forcing me to start over (I tried it just after install, so this is just a nuisance to me), so I suspect ART is not ready for prime time on this ROM.

In fact, Google clearly states on the 4.4 release notes that ART is experimental and will crash with many applications , its for developer testing only.,

WhosAsking

Jan 14, 2013
As someone noted, I've been noticing brief pixel glitches when the screen rotates. Also, Bluetooth seems to be disabled on this build. Can anyone verify this?

Wingchundub

Mar 6, 2012
Looking forward to hopefully a fully operating version of this kitkat.
I am patient which i will continue doing so as i know how much hard work goes into doing all this.
Best wishes

Reactions: juniorhxcx

2ndaccord

Jun 24, 2010
I just downloaded this. It seems to be very stable and runs very smooth. Thank you for supporting our tablet☺

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Tapatalk 4

edneyhelene

Jul 23, 2012
installed!

logo.png

It's about time for our brother GT-Plus to have a Kitkat. This is an unoffical build of CyanogenMod 11 for the Samsung GalaxyTab Plus
Although it still have issues,it is quite interesting to take a bite on the KitKat. I never expect we can go this far..:D

goo.im may take longer to upload. Try AFH and mirrors first.

For Change Log and Known Issues, please visit my thread for 7.7:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2529678
Cheers!:victory:

Downloads: :highfive:
Hosts: goo.im, AndroidFileHost
mirror1: http://www.kuaipan.cn/file/id_39173572073096195.htm#kp|39173572073096418|0
mirror2: https://mega.co.nz/#F!QUoGVQpR!Y5PifFU2uBVEWTZQVHk6aA
mirror3: http://pan.baidu.com/s/126h4y#dir/path=/cm-11.0
kernel: http://goo.im/devs/daniel_hk/rom/kernel

Use gapps for cm-11.0 : Check the gapps folder in the above links
Or the latest pa_gapps: http://goo.im/devs/paranoidandroid/roms/gapps

Recovery requirement
** CWM6, TWRP 2.3.1 or above is OK.
Most of the 4.4 Roms require the latest reovery with file_contexts and set_metadata support.I have patch the update-binary to work with old recoveries.

** See my thread to patch any gapps or ROMs with set_metadata fail **

Source: :cool:
kernel & device trees For those interested, I just created both cm10.2 & cm11 device trees for GT-Plus.
github: https://github.com/danielhk?tab=repositories

Credits: :good:
** The CyanogenMod Team who keep many devices alive!
** All those who donate to me. Giving me the resources to upgrade my PC and accessories!
** All those who help our cool tab's developments!

Donations:

Well this is installed on my p6210 and it works really smooth!!! */-*

schlork

Feb 23, 2009
I just downloaded this. It seems to be very stable and runs very smooth. Thank you for supporting our tablet☺

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Tapatalk 4

I can not confirm such comments. On my P6200

1. it is laggy
2. if turning screen, glitches are occuring (looks like rain)
3. there is no phone function at all.

PS I did a clean install

Last edited:

lgstoian

Mar 3, 2010
Bucharest
Using it on a P6210 now and the main issue I see is the aforementioned graphic glitch that kinda looks like rain ( it happens when rotating the screen and sometimes at unlock ). Also RAM usage is over 50% which is strangely high for Kit Kat. Overall everything is smooth and till now wifi seems stable.

Reactions: daniel_hk

2ndaccord

Jun 24, 2010
I started to see some lagging on mine after a day of use. I raised the minimum CPU to 500 and that seems to help. The rotation glitch is also present in the other kit Kat rom for our device. I can deal with such minor issues because just having a Dev support our device is amazing. BTW this ROM runs games a lot better than the omni ROM.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

Reactions: daniel_hk

TheArtiszan

Jun 12, 2009
I have noticed that the lock screen is always landscape.
Is there anyway to make that portrait?

Sent from my SGH-T869 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    With a few requests from tab-plus owners, I started building ROMs for tab-plus. I don't want to ignor anyone so built for all models.
    I can't reply all post because I don't have the tab to test. However, I tried to answer all PMs as detail as possible. Once a while in these few months, I received a few hostile PMs, calling me names, etc. I might have asked too many questions. I don't have the ability to guess what model or which ROM if they are not mentioned. I don't know why asking for a screen shot, a video or details would be too much for someone.
    Anyway, I over estimated myself to support a device I don't have. I have spent too much resource and I don't think I can do this any more. Bye. :)
    *** Lollipop is out so my development for Kitkat is done. As a closure, I included all tab-plus models in this final build***

logo.png

It's about time for our brother GT-Plus to have a Kitkat. This is an unoffical build of CyanogenMod 11 for the Samsung GalaxyTab Plus
    Although it still have issues,it is quite interesting to take a bite on the KitKat. I never expect we can go this far..:D

Release Note:
    2014/07/27
    Finally get cm-11 boot! In this build, new kernel is included, GPU settings are added to performance settings. Hoping any tab plus may get a stable GPU O/C settings. ;)

2014/06/27
    Haven't updated the cm-11.0 for a long time. Just waiting for a more stable release. Cumulative fixes from other builds are included. Locationging problem in 4.4.3 is fixed in 4.4.4. Bettery life seems better too! Don't forget using the latest Gapps for 4.4.4. :D
    Requrested by local friends, the Alipay link is added for Donation.

2014/04/10
    This new build include all the fixes in my Slimkat + Incall screen is fixed! Sames as the dialer, the inCall screen is portrait now. :cool:
    For some unknown reason. screen is distorted after rotation found in few apks (like build-in Browser). Same fix in Slimkat doesn't work for cm11 and Omni... However, a simple relaunch from recent menu will fix that. That would be the only minor issue left....;)
     History

2014/03/15
    Finally, bluetooth headset is fixed! Cheers! :highfive:
    During calls, press bluetooth headset button once will direct audio to headset, press again will end call.
    VoiceDialer is not working with bluetooth yet but Google seach can be activated by pressing bluetooh button.
    Only mirror issues left so it is reaching beta now...

For Change Log and Known Issues, please visit my thread for 7.7:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2529678
    Cheers!:victory:

Downloads: :highfive:
    Hosts: goo.im, AndroidFileHost
    mirror1: http://pan.baidu.com/s/126h4y#dir/path=/cm-11.0
    kernel: http://goo.im/devs/daniel_hk/rom/kernel

Use gapps for cm-11.0 : Check the gapps folder in the above links
    Or the latest pa_gapps: http://goo.im/devs/paranoidandroid/roms/gapps

Recovery requirement
    ** CWM6, TWRP 2.3.1 or above is OK.
    Most of the 4.4 Roms require the latest reovery with file_contexts and set_metadata support.I have patch the update-binary to work with old recoveries.

** See my thread to patch any gapps or ROMs with set_metadata fail **

Source: :cool:
    kernel & device trees For those interested, I just created both cm10.2 & cm11 device trees for GT-Plus.
    github: https://github.com/danielhk?tab=repositories

Credits: :good:
    ** The CyanogenMod Team who keep many devices alive!
    ** All those who donate to me. Giving me the resources to upgrade my PC and accessories!
    ** All those who help our cool tab's developments!

Donations:

show.htm

See OmniROM post#2 for TIPS on 4.4
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=47668044&postcount=2

A few said Bar code not working. I tested it and found no trouble.
    Screenshot_2014-07-28-22-52-35.jpg
    I also cleared my cache but I ended up with countless crash with com.gapps.phone I think. Are you using P6200?

ART requires ODEX gapps. You may get one at the gapps folder in my cm-11 links.

Good luck!
    Daniel I have now installed CM because Omni rom just wasn't working out. CM is quite awesome but my sim card doesn't work with it :'( I checked the forums and they say I must use CWM 6.0.4.5 and reflash, so I downloaded your unofficial CWM and installed it and reflashed CM but it still doesn't work:'( what do I do?

---------- Post added at 05:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 PM ----------

Ok so I see I can dial numbers check my airtime and all that, so it IS working but it just doesn't display that I have signal or 3g and it says I must insert sim card... Please fixxxxx

I'm doing this for fun and for free in my spare time. Sometimes not even a thanks. If there is issue, of course I'll try to fix (if I can). If you guys read the post, most of the known issues are listed in my 7.7 thread. (link is also provided). There might already be answers for you.

I'm quite sure you didn't flash the latest build. Check the date, cm11 is 0223, omni is 0209. To avoid wasting time, see the title next time for the version date. Check other host or mirrors too ;)

I splent 20 hrs (since yesterday) retrying and retrying.uploading to goo.im and I just finished. They must have some trouble. :(
    You might have downloaded form goo.im when the latest was not yet available.

Tried to flash after the flashing not booting so went back to restore....
    Spec - CWM 6.0.2.7
    tried CM11 unofficial with new gapps but failed... Not booting ... blank screen only.....

It has been a few versions now. Although I don't have a tab plus to test, no way it is not boot.
    It might be a dirty flash (without factory reset) or corrupted file. Wrong kernel or mismatch /data sometimes also cause black screen.

Posting is for sharing and/or looking for answer. You need to provide more details. eg. which rom and gapps (version and date) you have flashed. Sometimes there might be a corrupted file in host. I have two hosts and two mirrors. I'm sure you can verify that.

Good luck! ;)
    So pleased that rom's are being made for our tab plus's, which i feel from using other 7 sammy tabs, ours is the best built.
    And now with new rom's to go with it, makes it a cracking tablet.
    Just a few bugs to iron out which i am sure the maker of whom we appreciate so much will come up with the answers in the near future.
    Thank you kindly