Help for Bluetooth and SIP calls

Search This thread

axterx

Feb 9, 2014
Hi to all,
I have a problem with my Samsung Galaxy S III, 16GB, Android 4.3, stock rom, and the integrated SIP voip system (Call Settings < Internet calls settings) with bluetooth headset: when I receive a SIP call the audio is not transferred to the bluetooth, I do not hear anything and the microphone does not transmit. Otherwise, when I make a sip call everything works perfectly. I have tried many SIP providers and many BT headset but this issue remain.
It 'possible that some of you do a test to see if the problem is only mine or if it is a S III bug?
Thank you!

Juancarloselorriaga

Aug 23, 2014
Same problem here

Hi to all,
I have a problem with my Samsung Galaxy S III, 16GB, Android 4.3, stock rom, and the integrated SIP voip system (Call Settings < Internet calls settings) with bluetooth headset: when I receive a SIP call the audio is not transferred to the bluetooth, I do not hear anything and the microphone does not transmit. Otherwise, when I make a sip call everything works perfectly. I have tried many SIP providers and many BT headset but this issue remain.
It 'possible that some of you do a test to see if the problem is only mine or if it is a S III bug?
Thank you!

I tried to make a skype call through my bt headset (NEXUS10) It works just fine, but when I try to make it with my S3 I have the same issue I dont hear the voice and the microphone was not working, I tried to make modifications to the sound files (root) but I didn't find what the problem was.. I'm using slimkat7 and former user of CM10.2 (

I tried also to make a call but instead of using the BT headset I used the little waterproof speakers (built in mic) and I could make it!! So I have three conclusions (actually they are questions if someone could help me too, I'm:

-You need an a2dp earpiece in order to make VoIP calls (as my speaker that worked)
-It can be the ROM or kernel (I've heard that)
-You need to modify de sound files (root) in order to "unlock" the feauture with the Samsung Galaxy s3.

None of above are actual solutions, I think they could be solutions so if someone could help to make it happen I would be very greatful!

thanks again