[Q] 6 hours later still No O.S Installed..fact reset fails?? Need help need 4.4.2 ruu

Search This thread

lojak29

Aug 18, 2010
NO O.S INSTALLED TWRP FAILS IN EVERY ASPECT AND HBOOT IS ALL I HAVE.
WHAT CAN I DO WITHOUT THE 4.4.2 RUU THAT DOES NOT EXIST ANYWHERE ?
HOW CAN I SAVE MY PHONE OR EVEN DOWNGRADE TO 4.3

Ok guys i started with a perfectly fine htc one mini m4 unlocked
Hboot shows OS-3.10.502.3
Its att logo labeled on the back so im assuming its att Mini right ??so least .. one would think!
The first issue was that it seems people using any other carrier other than att Can Not SEND OR RECEIVE MMS???
Strangest thing ever, regardless of apn settings. This issue isnt even being talked about and it seems that mms worked before kitkat update for.

SOoo.. I unlocked bootloader, fine, then all of a sudden the troubles started with Installing twrp via adb.
I installed the twrp 2.7.0.0 .img right from twrp website... after i booted into it ....It then appears everything is wacked out.
Only 178MB of storage, no dcim no storage or download folders to flash files from...:( Heck i never even got to flash superuser

Backup fails... restore fails ...Even WIPE FACTORY RESET FAILS.

All i have is hboot to boot into and twrp that seems useless
I Can get commands from pc to the phone to go thru in hboot fastboot usb
but twrp is useless and phone will not boot up
I can relock and unlock the bootloader all i want .

I just need a method to get a ROM on the phone or stock ruu
I Cant find the 4.4.2 kit kat ruu anywhere

Any links for what i need specifically would be helpfull before i smash this phone.. Its so under developed in comparison to the m7 and m8 its sick....

RuffBuster

Feb 3, 2012
Have you tried using a different recovery? I'm sure there are versions for the new partition layout that came with the 4.4.2 OTA here on the one mini form. Have you tried all the latest recoveries TWRP, CWM ..maybe Philz recovery? I know there are 2 varieties of TWRP and CWM for the different partition layouts. Don't know if they have their own posts but I know i've seen em on my travels thru here.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 12:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 PM ----------

Have you tried this recovery http://mdmower.cmphys.com/twrp-m4/

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Xeon_IV

Jul 23, 2006
Chicago
I installed twrp 2.7.0.0 from there website as well because I wanted to flash a PAC rom to try out. It would not flash error every time. Posted the problem on the forum page and got a answer update to 2.7.0.8 and tried to boot into recovery and the team win splash screen was just flashing tried again flashing the same recovery same problem flashing splash screen not able to get into the recovery part. rebooted flash 2.7.0.0 and got the same problem flashing splash screen now i figured I go back to basics I flashed twrp 2.6.3.0 what I was on before all these problems happened and it worked. I the flashed 2.7.0.8 and had no problems flashing roms. 2.7.0.0 has issues.

abzboi

Jul 22, 2013
Sacramento
Downgrade the hboot if you have s-off to hboot 2.19 and download this ruu : http://dl3.htc.com/application/RUU_...14_10.20.40.4408L_release_333483_signed_2.exe
I don't think htc is gonna release the ruu for the mini just like the one. Or they take forever to release ruu. The only way to use that ruu is downgrade your hboot to 2.19 and relock your hboot with fastboot oem lock i think. Big thanks if I helped.
Edit: Very sorry for the late reply. I saw it many days ago but I was too lazy to help. Sorry man.

rookie87

Dec 21, 2014
Sydney
Link at&t RUU

Hope this link helps.:) .
http : // www . htc. com/us/support/htc-one-mini-att/news/

Last edited: