Fast Drainage of battery?

Search This thread

Sprint82

Jan 13, 2011
Bremen
Hi guys, I have a problem that the battery of my Moto G drains too fast and I would like to know why.
I hope someone can help me.
The device often gets active and I don't find a reason for that strange behavior.
Greetings from Germany
mu4eqe2u.jpg

4ugena2u.jpg

enugu3er.jpg

u8yqytag.jpg

aradalien

Apr 11, 2013
If you are rooted i suggest getting Greenify and Xposed framework then get the module called AppOpsXposed, KitKat Battery_Stats_Enabler and Better Battery stats,
with these running and setup correctly i can get 0.1% an hour battery drainage in sleep mode which is pretty amazing.

Good Luck.

Sprint82

Jan 13, 2011
Bremen
Sorry I am not rooted, the device is completely stock. I don't have an idea why the device is often active, location is deactivated, Facebook sync is deactivated too and I don't use much more apps. The problem appears suddenly.

eemgee

Dec 27, 2013
Teesside
well after a lot of playing about with mine I found that changing location services to "device only" and rebooting helped a lot. I was at 69% after a day with light use, now I'm on 60% after 3 days of similar use.

Sprint82

Jan 13, 2011
Bremen
Device only? You mean only GPS? I normally set location by wifi/mobile network. But if I set it up, Google location services eat up my battery. But why? I mean that in the beginning of using Google now the battery lasts longer.

eemgee

Dec 27, 2013
Teesside
Device only? You mean only GPS? I normally set location by wifi/mobile network. But if I set it up, Google location services eat up my battery. But why? I mean that in the beginning of using Google now the battery lasts longer.

on 4.3 my battery lasted ages on 4.4 the only way it gets close is by setting it to device only (GPS). if I stop location completely google search becomes a big wakelock. You must reboot the phone tho or the drain will stay.

Sprint82

Jan 13, 2011
Bremen
So you mean that the only way to stop wasting energy is setting up location to only GPS and reboot? The first entry in the Energy list is the display, Ok that's normal, and the second is Google play services. Is that Google location or what could it be?

Did you activate Google location too?

eemgee

Dec 27, 2013
Teesside
Google play services was high on my list but since I changed it to GPS only it's no longer there.
I still have Google now and location enabled.
It's worked for me .

tg cid

Feb 3, 2014
Had similar problem, spoke to an english-second-language tech support and they gave me this script:
This will remove any temporary files that may be causing the problem, but will not delete your files or settings.

1. With the phone powered off, press the VOL DOWN KEY for 2-3 seconds then POWER key then release.
2. The device will display different BOOT OPTIONS
3. Use the VOL DOWN Key to SCROLL to Recovery and VOL UP Key to select
Tip: If the device reboots, you may have waited [too] long to make a selection, you will need to begin the process again.
4. The device will display the Motorola logo and then the Android in distress (logo with Exclamation mark)
5. Press and hold the VOL UP key for 10-15 seconds. While still holding the VOL UP key tap and release the POWER key
Tip: You can try this step, holding the phone in landscape. If you are stuck on step 6, try a force reboot by pressing the Power key and Vol Down key, and start the process again.
6. The device will display additional menu options (Text will appear in BLUE)
7. Use the VOL DOWN Key to scroll to wipe cache partition and the POWER Key to select this option
8. The device will then perform the partition wipe
9. The device will reboot and start the normal power up sequence

Source thread

Last edited:

if0rg0t

Jul 28, 2011
If you are rooted i suggest getting Greenify and Xposed framework then get the module called AppOpsXposed, KitKat Battery_Stats_Enabler and Better Battery stats,
with these running and setup correctly i can get 0.1% an hour battery drainage in sleep mode which is pretty amazing.

Good Luck.

If you don't mind, can you pleas post what you have setup in greenify to get 0.1%/hr ? Under what conditions did you get 0.1%/hr? 3g/wi-fi/sync on?

Thanks

aradalien

Apr 11, 2013
In Greenify i have the donation version so i put boost mode on and push gcm messages,
I sleep every app that i have installed regardless with the exception of trustgo av and 1weather widget,
Tbh i noticed the big change with AppOpsXposed installed because you can control the APK and turn off permissions which really boosted the battery.

OrionBG

Sep 21, 2004
London, UK
Xiaomi Mix Fold 2
Hi guys
I have a really bad battery life too on my Moto G Dual SIM.
The interesting part is that according to every program I've used to monitor the system usage, there are no problems with my device.
I have almost 98% Deep Sleep. There ate no massive Wake Locks or Partial Wake Locks, my WiFi is almost all the time off.
My problem is that I can barely get 48 hours of Standby with only 20 minutes Screen On time. Yes I have two SIM Cards but compared to my previous Dual SIM phone, this is ridiculous! My previous Dual SIM phone was the Chinese miracle the Jiayu G3. I know that it has a Dual core CPU running at 1GHz, but with a 4.5" LCD Screen, 1GB of RAM and quite powerful speaker, but still it manages to stay alive for 6 to 8 days with its 2750mAh battery. The MediaTek CPU inside the Jiayu G3 is a DualCore Cortex A7. The Snapdragon S400 that is in the Moto G is a QuadCore Cortex A7. It is a more powerful one ok, but in standby both of the CPUs should be using similar power with only one active core most of the time and in DeepSleep. BTW the Jiayu for some reason would almost never go to DeepSleep. It was probably a bug of some kind.
All in All 6 to 8 days with two SIM Cards active and 3G Data nonstop on the Jiayu, compared to the two days from the Moto G..... I think that something is wrong here!

BTW my Moto G is on 4.3 (no 4.4.2 for the Dual SIM versions yet)

Sprint82

Jan 13, 2011
Bremen
I think my problem is solved. I simply deactivated Google location services, now my battery lasts at least one complete day with medium usage. IMHO Google has to send an update to us because there must be a a bug in the software.

Psychoferno

Mar 25, 2013
Porto Alegre
I think my problem is solved. I simply deactivated Google location services, now my battery lasts at least one complete day with medium usage. IMHO Google has to send an update to us because there must be a a bug in the software.

I disabled that option and now I'm draining battery overnight (09hs) only 2% not being in airplane mode. Before this change drainage was 10% for a period of 9 hours.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Good Luck.
    Original ROM or custom one? if custom, which? Why your drain is that low? google now deactivated or simply better than the original rom by Motorola?

Not sure, surprised myself. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2635706
    I presume you have location and g'now disabled?

Indeed, yes.
    Sorry, I have no idea how to help with your problem but may I ask how did you manage to fix the battery capacity issue?

Yes :good:
    I've used the Moto G until it turns off (0% reached).
    I've put it on charge with a charger that allows me to do charge it from off(the charger is the stock of the Galaxy Mini 2,but probably every charger NOT USB can charge when turned off :good: ).
    When it reached the 100%,let it charge for another hour.
    Unplug the charger,and turn on the device :fingers-crossed:
    (Sorry for my bad english,also ask for any thing unclear :D )
    The chargers I Use are all Charger + USB Cable and I can charge the Moto G from 0% (OFF) without any problems.
    I had battery problems too but it seems that the KitKat update reset something because just before the flash, the battery was on 9x% and after the flash (and a 2x Factory resets from the recovery, just to sure) it went to 43%, and now the battery life seems a lot better than before!
    BTW I have the Dual SIM Moto G XT1033.

Well, there are reports that the stock charger from the G doesn't have enough juice to kickstart the phone on 0%. I never tried on mine tho.

@Astroke67

It's just a thought but try and disable all the sync and locations services, force close and clear the cache on the GP Services, restart and give it a go. Might work.