[Bootanimations] photon boot animations [Root Required] added new animation 09/11/11

Search This thread

armyranger251

May 14, 2007
I made this boot animation for my phone because i hated the sprint portion of it.
I left the motorola aspect in place but changed the ending.

ROOT IS REQUIRED

i just used root explorer to copy the zip to system/media

Make sure it is named bootanimation.zip after downloading

Boot animation Motorola/Nvidia #1

Video

Download

Boot animation Motorola/Nvidia #2

No video of this animation yet make sure to rename to bootanimation.zip

Download

I will be adding more as time permits

Last edited:

dschachm

Sep 24, 2008
Very nice, smooth and much better than stock. I like it better than the new roms that have come out also. Thanks for the post. This is a keeper.
I'm still only 3 weeks into android from blackberry but I love being ably modify everything!! Better than hybrids.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

armyranger251

May 14, 2007
Very nice, smooth and much better than stock. I like it better than the new roms that have come out also. Thanks for the post. This is a keeper.
I'm still only 3 weeks into android from blackberry but I love being ably modify everything!! Better than hybrids.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

Thanks im glad you like it

Sent from my Moto Photon using xda premium

cybrnook

Jun 3, 2009
Just want to add, I modified the first Animation to have the Nvidia piece kick in a litter faster. As my phone starts pretty quick, and having the Motorola animation run 4-5 times before the Nvidia animation, my phone would start before I saw the Nvidia tegra animation.

Either way, this works for me :)

Attachments

• bootanimation.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 151

Elliott

Mar 27, 2012
Baton Rouge
Hi, I am new to android. My MoPho is rooted, i tried to copy bootanimation.zip to location specified using File Expert, it will not allow me to write to any system directories or files. I installed Root Explorer but get a FC message everytime I attempt to load it. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

bondarun

Nov 18, 2009
Chennai
Hi, I am new to android. My MoPho is rooted, i tried to copy bootanimation.zip to location specified using File Expert, it will not allow me to write to any system directories or files. I installed Root Explorer but get a FC message everytime I attempt to load it. Any suggestions?

You have to Root your Photon 4g 1st...

Just follow this site and follow the steps to Root your Phone..
Its so Simple... Just a Click of a button you have your Photon Rooted..

Make sure you enable Android Debugging and Allow Unknown Source in Apps settings..

Root

After than, Just paste the Bootanimation.zip folder in your sd card or internal storage.
( You have to Rename it to bootanimation.zip )

Then Use Root Explorer and go into System/media and paste it over there..

When you get Permission Request on Superuser click Allow..

Thats all..

Reboot and Enjoy your New Boot Animation.

Elliott

Mar 27, 2012
Baton Rouge
I recently discovered how to mount directories with read/write permissions, I did so and it worked like a charm. Great animation BTW. Anyone have others they find interesting?

CharFalco

Oct 5, 2010
Google Pixel 4
Can someone please upload the stock boot animation for those of us who needed to restore their devices to stick and lost the original animation?

This looks easy and awesome!
Thanks so much.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Elliott

Mar 27, 2012
Baton Rouge
Original Boot Animation

Can someone please upload the stock boot animation for those of us who needed to restore their devices to stick and lost the original animation?

This looks easy and awesome!
Thanks so much.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

This should get you back to "stick".:D

Elliott

Attachments

• bootanimation.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 38
Last edited:

Elliott

Mar 27, 2012
Baton Rouge
After installing your animation I found another I wanted to try out, however yours seems to be here for the long haul.

I've even gone as far as deleting the animation zip entirely and then rebooting, with no luck. Is there some back up that it draws from in the case that the files are not present?

Honestly I keep expecting your animation to say " Resistance is futile".. :eek: Any ideas?

The early bird may get the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese... :D

armyranger251

May 14, 2007
Have you tried just replacing it with the other boot animation your wanting to use and changing permissions using root explorer. I never had any issues changing the animation

Sent from my MB855 using xda premium

Last edited:

Elliott

Mar 27, 2012
Baton Rouge
I installed Absolute system tools and was a able to fix the problem.

The early bird may get the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese... :D

Jleeblanch

Feb 6, 2012
Colchester, VT
Moto G4 Plus
Moto G6
Good job on this man. I was reading thru the posts and saw some were having issues with permissions so before I copied over the new Boot Animation .zip file, I checked the permissions of the original and after copying over I made sure the new one had the same.

Worked without an issue and looks great!!

Sent from my *rooted* Motorola Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: XxReApErxX

XxReApErxX

Nov 21, 2011
Lima/Perú
Finally I got rid of that Sprint thing, thank you very much!

Good job on this man. I was reading thru the posts and saw some were having issues with permissions so before I copied over the new Boot Animation .zip file, I checked the permissions of the original and after copying over I made sure the new one had the same.

Thanks for the advice, it worked.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I made this boot animation for my phone because i hated the sprint portion of it.
    I left the motorola aspect in place but changed the ending.

ROOT IS REQUIRED

i just used root explorer to copy the zip to system/media

Make sure it is named bootanimation.zip after downloading

Boot animation Motorola/Nvidia #1

Video

Download

Boot animation Motorola/Nvidia #2

No video of this animation yet make sure to rename to bootanimation.zip

Download

I will be adding more as time permits