[GUIDE]How to S-Off your HTC ONE M7 if you had issues with hboot 1.55 and OS 3.63.73

Search This thread

truiteur

Mar 7, 2008
If you try to install the ROM via the stock recovery that won't work ! Have you try to S-off your device without flashing the rom ? If yes but not working, you have to be htc-dev unlocked to flash twrp recovery (for example) and after flashing the ROM and retry ! After this you'll be able to change your cid to have the latest sense release from htc !

Now i am Unlocked via HTCDEV, but all my evening trying to S-off and root but not possible
revone rumrunner firewater....not possible....

Any idea ?

Cheers

SynnyG

Jan 14, 2013
Strasbourg
Now i am Unlocked via HTCDEV, but all my evening trying to S-off and root but not possible
revone rumrunner firewater....not possible....

Any idea ?

Cheers

Now that you are unlocked, download latest twrp recovery img, latest Su zip from chainfire for example, put them on your sdcard and reboot to bootloader.

Go into fastboot mode and type: fastboot flash recovery "twrp file name". You should have now twrp installed. Now select reboot to recovery, and in recovery install the su ZIP file. Now you should be rooted ;)

Here you can retry directly to soff your device on the ROM you are, and, if it's not working, look and do my tuto !

truiteur

Mar 7, 2008
Now that you are unlocked, download latest twrp recovery img, latest Su zip from chainfire for example, put them on your sdcard and reboot to bootloader.

Go into fastboot mode and type: fastboot flash recovery "twrp file name". You should have now twrp installed. Now select reboot to recovery, and in recovery install the su ZIP file. Now you should be rooted ;)

Here you can retry directly to soff your device on the ROM you are, and, if it's not working, look and do my tuto !

It's a real step by step !!

Twrp is now installed.... but when i try to install Android Revolution HD 31.6 TWRP inform me that this Rom is not compatible and it will brick my Phone !!
So i had try again firewater, rumrunner, revione .... not possible

Rumrunner perfor 8 "pourring"......But nothing

Idea ? install other ARHD ?

At the end of all those tasks i will send me global "TuTo" light with all the steps i have done.

Cheers

truiteur

Mar 7, 2008
It's a real step by step !!

Twrp is now installed.... but when i try to install Android Revolution HD 31.6 TWRP inform me that this Rom is not compatible and it will brick my Phone !!
So i had try again firewater, rumrunner, revione .... not possible

Rumrunner perfor 8 "pourring"......But nothing

Idea ? install other ARHD ?

At the end of all those tasks i will send me global "TuTo" light with all the steps i have done.

Cheers

My HTC one is Now S-off!!!!!

So first of all my HTC is (was) an orange branded one.

You need to Be Root : use latest twrp recovery img and SU
End then go to the Tuto of Synny-G

During the tuto after : adb reboot
If the following message appear :
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5038 *
* daemon started successfully *
Reboot manualy and continue

Many thanks Sunny G,....Now i will install the official RUU

Cheers mats and thanks for your support

SynnyG

Jan 14, 2013
Strasbourg
My HTC one is Now S-off!!!!!

So first of all my HTC is (was) an orange branded one.

You need to Be Root : use latest twrp recovery img and SU
End then go to the Tuto of Synny-G

During the tuto after : adb reboot
If the following message appear :
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5038 *
* daemon started successfully *
Reboot manualy and continue

Many thanks Sunny G,....Now i will install the official RUU

Cheers mats and thanks for your support

Nice, I'm glad that you have successfully S-Off :victory:

streits

Jun 12, 2012
My ATT One shipped with hboot 1.55 and I was having a really hard time trying to S-Off my device using all the different methods I came across.

What ended up working for me was flashing the One_5.11.401.10_deodexed Rom and the Bulletproof-m7-14.2 Kernel. After doing this Firewater worked perfectly and I was able to attain S-Off on my M7.

Last edited:

nuramohammed26

Sep 26, 2011
zaria
Hello lads, Please help me,I have a HTC ONE M7 cid: TIM__401, (S-ON)my phone just started randomly rebooting,so i factory reset it but still it keeps messing up,so i decided to root it and install CM11 which happen to work well but there is a catch, I lost my IMEI NO so i can't connect to mobile network and i can't see the OS version at the bootloader screen.... I tried almost everything including:
#Running RUU.exe
#Guru's Reset method
#Flashing Stock Rom.zip
#Flashing different custom roms
#Restoring nanodroid backups.
#Trying to get S-Off(Ramrunner & Firewater)
etc etc....
If only I can get a RUU with cid: TIM__401
this is my phone status:
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.55.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4A.21.3263.04
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main:
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno: SH35EW904090
(bootloader) imei: 354436056744087
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0710000
(bootloader) cidnum: TIM__401
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4146mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-e5f7432d
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
all: Done!
pls can anyone help?

Rix70

Jun 18, 2009
Catania
The RUU don't write firmware in s on devices!!
In S ON you need resolve OS VERSION only downloaded the official OTA ...
..downgrade the system to your STOCK version , FULL STOCK... and received the OFFICIAL OTA's...

OR try SUNSHINE S OFF... if the software after testing your device advanced to PAY PAL PAGE ...you need to get S OFF in 5 minutes at 100% of probability.

Inviato col my ONE tramite il my ONE

fastaruna

Jun 3, 2018
Hi everybody,

First of all, I'm not claiming the properties of all the software present in this guide, all rights comes to the Developpers (proper credits are at the end of this post).
Secondly, I know there is a lot of guide on How to S-Off the M7 but since I've spent 2 days on it because of the hboot and the firmware I have, I would like to share my knowledges with other people if some others persons have this issue as well.
Forgive my faults, French is my native langage ! ;)

Here are the prerequisites that must be met

- Make sure you have Htc drivers properly installed. For that, I will not give you some packages found in the depths of the web, but I will redirect you to Htc Sync Manager. As soon as you will plug your M7, this soft will install automatically all the wanted drivers
Code:
http://www.htc.com/fr/software/htc-sync-manager/

- Make sure you have ADB and fastboot installed. You can get it here
Code:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2317790

- Make sure you are on hboot 1.55. For catch this info, you can go into the bootloader by Power off your device and reboot it by pressing the Power button and Volume down button together OR in adb with
Code:
adb reboot bootloader
(Note that for this option you have to activate Debugging option in Developper Tools into the Settings app of your ROM)

I've written this guide because when I bought my M7, my OS was 3.63.73.2 (you can find this info in the bootloader too). I've done no update before putting several ROM custom on my phone (MIUI, and now Insertcoin) and I've read in several forum that this OS version cause some issue with the S-Off process (I don't know if this is true but on MIUI and on Insertcoin, the S-Off process didn't work so I assume this is in some ways true). You can use this guide for S-Off your M7 when you are on hboot 1.55 and every OS version however ;)

Ok now here we go !!!
- You have to be on a ROM as stock as possible, Android Revolution HD 31.6 is the one I've used. May be others work but I can't tell you that it's the case ! There is the download link, take care of the version you download, the 31.6 is the one we need (certainly because of the android version):
Code:
http://www.androidrevolution.org/downloader/download.php?file=Android_Revolution_HD-One_31.6.zip

- Flash the ROM with the settings you want, but I advise you to let it as light as possible, you'll see why after ;)

- When the ROM has booted, go to Settings>About the phone>Software info>More>And tap 7 times to hav the developper rights. Now go into the developper options and activate "USB Debugging"

- Now open a command prompt (what, you don't know how to do that ? Ok so google it or don't S-Off your device, you have to have some basic knowledges before begin system modifications !!!) and verify that your device is recognized by adb
Code:
adb devices
If this is the case, your serial number must be on the screen. If you'll see nothing, it's probably that you've not or not correctly installed the drivers ! (you know, this horrible thing that we have to do everytime we switch our phone/pc, the most boring step ^^)

- Download firewater software and place it on your desktop for example. There is the link:
Code:
http://firewater-soff.com/

- Launch the minimal adb and fastboot soft that you've downloaded, move where is firewater and push it to your data partition:
Code:
adb push firewater /data/local/tmp

- Launch an adb shell
Code:
adb shell

- Grant SU right (what is SU ? Dooooooh ...)
Code:
su

- Up your rights on firewater file
Code:
chmod 755 /data/local/tmp/firewater

- Exit the adb shell
Code:
exit

- Reboot your device
Code:
adb reboot

- When your phone is rebooted, re launch an adb shell (or you can tell to adb to launch it automatically when the device is detected with the "wait-for-device" argument. Remember it, it's very usefull !)
Code:
adb shell
Code:
adb wait-for-device shell

- Grant SU rights again
Code:
su

- Launch firewater and accept the conditions
Code:
/data/local/tmp/firewater

Personally, after the seconds "bottle" I had a message who told me that my phone is S-Off. You can verify it by rebooting into the bootloader (Read the instruction in front of this guide for this) and check if the mention "S-Off" is here. If S-On is again here, retry from the adb reboot command

Congrats, your M7 is S-Off !!! Don't do too bad things :p

Before return to your favorite ROM, keep here, there is some nice things to do with revone tool :). When I was on Insertcoin sixth sense ROM, I couldn't use it for S-Off my device or even delete the "Tampered" mention into the bootloader. BUT with ARDH I can :).
Here is some nice things to do with it and how to use it (which arguments):
Code:
-u - Unlock the device
-l - Lock the device (as if it was never unlocked)
-r - Relock the device (mark the device as relocked)
-t - Reset the device's tamper flag.

For use this tool, download it from here: http://revolutionary.io/revone and do the same steps as for firewater (put in in data/local/tmp, chmod 755 on it, reboot, adb shell, cd into data/local/tmp and do ./revone with the argument you want, according with what you want to do !)
Here is some examples:
Code:
./revone -t (remove the tampered mention)
./revone -l (S-On your device after it was S-Off of course)
./revone -r (Relock the device if it was S-Off but with the mention relocked, I don't know why use it but I think it can be useful in some ways !)

So earlier in this guide, I've told to you to install ARDH with the less things possible, there is why. My advise is to keep a Nandroid Backup of this ROM instead of keeping the zip file (or you can do the two thing !). In this case, you'll have the possibility to come back to ARDH quickly without having to re install the whole zip so if you'll want to S-ON your device using revone tool or if you'll want to re S-Off your device because you have done a wrong manipulation, the best thing to do is to restore this backup and done all you want to do. Easy that's true ? :cool:

Credits:
- Firewater team for the awesome they've done for us, a big thanks to you !
- shimp208 for the "Minimal adb and fastboot package", very useful tool for to have adb whithout reinstall the whole SDK !
- ARDH team for there awesome ROM, give it a try !
- revelutionary team for the revone tool, awesome tool too !

So if you want now you can come back to your ROM like before ! I hope you'll enjoy this Guide, don't hesitate to post question if you want ;)

how to flash .bin file without box

https://vietfones.vn/forum/threads/...v-unlock-bootloader-s-off-by-riff-box.962849/

dump_m7wlv_s-0ff_256__thuanmobile896.bin

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everybody,

First of all, I'm not claiming the properties of all the software present in this guide, all rights comes to the Developpers (proper credits are at the end of this post).
    Secondly, I know there is a lot of guide on How to S-Off the M7 but since I've spent 2 days on it because of the hboot and the firmware I have, I would like to share my knowledges with other people if some others persons have this issue as well.
    Forgive my faults, French is my native langage ! ;)

Here are the prerequisites that must be met

- Make sure you have Htc drivers properly installed. For that, I will not give you some packages found in the depths of the web, but I will redirect you to Htc Sync Manager. As soon as you will plug your M7, this soft will install automatically all the wanted drivers
    Code:
    http://www.htc.com/fr/software/htc-sync-manager/

- Make sure you have ADB and fastboot installed. You can get it here
    Code:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2317790

- Make sure you are on hboot 1.55. For catch this info, you can go into the bootloader by Power off your device and reboot it by pressing the Power button and Volume down button together OR in adb with
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    (Note that for this option you have to activate Debugging option in Developper Tools into the Settings app of your ROM)

I've written this guide because when I bought my M7, my OS was 3.63.73.2 (you can find this info in the bootloader too). I've done no update before putting several ROM custom on my phone (MIUI, and now Insertcoin) and I've read in several forum that this OS version cause some issue with the S-Off process (I don't know if this is true but on MIUI and on Insertcoin, the S-Off process didn't work so I assume this is in some ways true). You can use this guide for S-Off your M7 when you are on hboot 1.55 and every OS version however ;)

Ok now here we go !!!
    - You have to be on a ROM as stock as possible, Android Revolution HD 31.6 is the one I've used. May be others work but I can't tell you that it's the case ! There is the download link, take care of the version you download, the 31.6 is the one we need (certainly because of the android version):
    Code:
    http://www.androidrevolution.org/downloader/download.php?file=Android_Revolution_HD-One_31.6.zip

- Flash the ROM with the settings you want, but I advise you to let it as light as possible, you'll see why after ;)

- When the ROM has booted, go to Settings>About the phone>Software info>More>And tap 7 times to hav the developper rights. Now go into the developper options and activate "USB Debugging"

- Now open a command prompt (what, you don't know how to do that ? Ok so google it or don't S-Off your device, you have to have some basic knowledges before begin system modifications !!!) and verify that your device is recognized by adb
    Code:
    adb devices
    If this is the case, your serial number must be on the screen. If you'll see nothing, it's probably that you've not or not correctly installed the drivers ! (you know, this horrible thing that we have to do everytime we switch our phone/pc, the most boring step ^^)

- Download firewater software and place it on your desktop for example. There is the link:
    Code:
    http://firewater-soff.com/

- Launch the minimal adb and fastboot soft that you've downloaded, move where is firewater and push it to your data partition:
    Code:
    adb push firewater /data/local/tmp

- Launch an adb shell
    Code:
    adb shell

- Grant SU right (what is SU ? Dooooooh ...)
    Code:
    su

- Up your rights on firewater file
    Code:
    chmod 755 /data/local/tmp/firewater

- Exit the adb shell
    Code:
    exit

- Reboot your device
    Code:
    adb reboot

- When your phone is rebooted, re launch an adb shell (or you can tell to adb to launch it automatically when the device is detected with the "wait-for-device" argument. Remember it, it's very usefull !)
    Code:
    adb shell
    Code:
    adb wait-for-device shell

- Grant SU rights again
    Code:
    su

- Launch firewater and accept the conditions
    Code:
    /data/local/tmp/firewater

Personally, after the seconds "bottle" I had a message who told me that my phone is S-Off. You can verify it by rebooting into the bootloader (Read the instruction in front of this guide for this) and check if the mention "S-Off" is here. If S-On is again here, retry from the adb reboot command

Congrats, your M7 is S-Off !!! Don't do too bad things :p

Before return to your favorite ROM, keep here, there is some nice things to do with revone tool :). When I was on Insertcoin sixth sense ROM, I couldn't use it for S-Off my device or even delete the "Tampered" mention into the bootloader. BUT with ARDH I can :).
    Here is some nice things to do with it and how to use it (which arguments):
    Code:
    -u - Unlock the device
    -l - Lock the device (as if it was never unlocked)
    -r - Relock the device (mark the device as relocked)
    -t - Reset the device's tamper flag.

For use this tool, download it from here: http://revolutionary.io/revone and do the same steps as for firewater (put in in data/local/tmp, chmod 755 on it, reboot, adb shell, cd into data/local/tmp and do ./revone with the argument you want, according with what you want to do !)
    Here is some examples:
    Code:
    ./revone -t (remove the tampered mention)
    ./revone -l (S-On your device after it was S-Off of course)
    ./revone -r (Relock the device if it was S-Off but with the mention relocked, I don't know why use it but I think it can be useful in some ways !)

So earlier in this guide, I've told to you to install ARDH with the less things possible, there is why. My advise is to keep a Nandroid Backup of this ROM instead of keeping the zip file (or you can do the two thing !). In this case, you'll have the possibility to come back to ARDH quickly without having to re install the whole zip so if you'll want to S-ON your device using revone tool or if you'll want to re S-Off your device because you have done a wrong manipulation, the best thing to do is to restore this backup and done all you want to do. Easy that's true ? :cool:

Credits:
    - Firewater team for the awesome they've done for us, a big thanks to you !
    - shimp208 for the "Minimal adb and fastboot package", very useful tool for to have adb whithout reinstall the whole SDK !
    - ARDH team for there awesome ROM, give it a try !
    - revelutionary team for the revone tool, awesome tool too !

So if you want now you can come back to your ROM like before ! I hope you'll enjoy this Guide, don't hesitate to post question if you want ;)