• No - I found it totally useless

Votes: 121 6.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

4D3

Oct 20, 2008
Brisbane
i use vista on my pc...i have this problem when i install the driver...

View attachment 231731

version of the driver

View attachment 231732

problem is with the error10

where is the matter??? :mad:

i cant read Italian! i cant read the error message, if you can translate i will help!

(this method does work, it has been tryed and tested MANY MANY times and errors only occur when posts 2 & 3 are not followed EXACTLY)

MG

4D3

Oct 20, 2008
Brisbane
Hello there!
Trying days now to update the active sync driver and the the messege i receive is " The device cannot star (code 10) "

Any Help??

you need to provide more info into the error!!

how is the error occuring? what steps are you taking to get the error.

are you following posts 2 & 3 exactly? (if you miss/change/overlook ANY step this WILL fail!)

MG

Joh@n

Jan 18, 2007
Google Pixel 6
Yesterday I followed all the steps in the first posts of this thread and I must say it was all clear to me. The reason I searched for this topic is that my Touch Diamond has a little problem. When it starts up, it will show the Windows Mobile screen, start the today screen...and after 2 seconds reboot itself again and again. I heard from another user the MTTY process could fix these kind of issues, so, happy me :)

After flashing the new ROM all went well yesterday evening, until this morning. The thing I had noticed yesterday during the MTTY process is the following. One of the steps returned this value:

Total Bad Block in CE: 1

I think this is the issue my TD is ****ed up again now. Is there anything in MTTY to fix this issue? Or should I flash the original ROM and send it to HTC?

EDIT: Ah well, I see in this thread that it should not be an issue, because I can flash my ROM. But it still keeps rebooting and after a hard reset it is very, very slow..

Last edited:

Hellas4

Aug 19, 2009
Thessaloniki
Tryed it STEP BY STEP 10 times following all the procedures exaclty and all the times i get this message.. anyone pls help,
i am using Windows 7 RC x86 English

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 104

rikkiepikkie

Sep 29, 2007
mtty does not work on my winXP

Hi I got stuck on step 6a. If I press "enter" I don't get a prompt and can't type anything.

I'm using windowsXP....Hope someone can help me. Thanks in advance!!

awaisanwaar

May 2, 2008
hi! I wann ask few questions about this mtty as I am a newbee :p
what kind of drivers are prohibit to have in the windows xp ? I mean , drivers of usb shouldn't be installed or other drivers like of graphics ??

last thing I wanted to ask is that it is compulsory to formet internal storage via mtty or its just a option that mmty can also do ? and what are these bad sectors like that

Total Bad Block in CE: 1

is this a normal result of process or something is done wrong with e process ? if something is done wrong then how it could be resolved safely ????

waiting for your answers...
regards!

Kappalainen

Aug 4, 2009
I had the same problem as some of you, that when I installed the dowloaded driver (and by the way, I have W7 32-bit) it said, that device could not start. I tried to open mtty anyway and noticed that it had no USB-option to choose (surprise, surprise...). Then I actually accidentally opened the original Active sync control center and enabled the "Allow USB connections", just for fun. After this I was compleately stunned, that the USB-option came available in mtty. I have absolutely no logic to why this happened. The date on the driver says somethingsomething.2004 and not 2003 as it says it should be.
Regardless I managed to use the mtty successfully. If someone really knows why something like this happened, please enlighten us :)

Hellas4

Aug 19, 2009
Thessaloniki
I had the same problem as some of you, that when I installed the dowloaded driver (and by the way, I have W7 32-bit) it said, that device could not start. I tried to open mtty anyway and noticed that it had no USB-option to choose (surprise, surprise...). Then I actually accidentally opened the original Active sync control center and enabled the "Allow USB connections", just for fun. After this I was compleately stunned, that the USB-option came available in mtty. I have absolutely no logic to why this happened. The date on the driver says somethingsomething.2004 and not 2003 as it says it should be.
Regardless I managed to use the mtty successfully. If someone really knows why something like this happened, please enlighten us :)

Ohhh!!! So... i'm trying to find where this option is "Allow USB connections" and i can't find it! can you enlight me first!! ??

Kappalainen

Aug 4, 2009
Ohhh!!! So... i'm trying to find where this option is "Allow USB connections" and i can't find it! can you enlight me first!! ??

I actually just did a windows search with the words Active sync. It found the .exe to change settings for it. Do you have the Active sync software installed? Don't even know if its relevant to have it, but that's where i found the option to allow or disallow USB-connections. Can't tell you the exact name because I have a finnish version :)

usama ali

Jan 26, 2008
thanks MysticGenius

i used to read that the members' diomand always hard rest itself . i never had this problem but recently i had this terrible problem , then i uesed your MTTY and it worked :). now my diamond is back to life again(thanks to you)

sorry for my poor English

donald-c

Sep 28, 2008
Tryed it STEP BY STEP 10 times following all the procedures exaclty and all the times i get this message.. anyone pls help,
i am using Windows 7 RC x86 English

I get the same problem, I installed MTTY before and it just seems to be, gone... Now my phones f***ed up again, (installed a stock ROM and flashed ONE ROM and it constantly needs the ROM flashed to boot...)
Done everything according to the guide :/

Edit: As soon as I finished typing that and pressed save it worked lol, disconnected my phone and reconnected it and it worked?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a friendly warning to people who are new to the site/new to the thread.
    There has been a LOT of unnecessary posts recently from people who cannot be bothered searching starting
    HERE ON PAGE 59 POST 581 onwards.

I will simply not reply or reply with "Search". Why should I help when people cannot be bothered ATTEMPTING to help themselves?

Also anyone thinking of asking either of the following questions:

1: "After task 29, I get this output in MTTY: Total Bad Block in CE: x"
    2:
    "After task 29, I get this output in MTTY:

ERASE block xxx FAIL !!!
    ERASE block xxx FAIL !!!"
    (where x is a random number)

This has been asked 100+ times in this thread so this is the final time I will answer:

IT MEANS NOTHING..NADA..ZIP! I have not experienced ANY problem with this output...Please stop asking!

There is a LOT of information in this thread. All you need is the first 4 posts or the search button OR if it is a GENUINE problem post it and I will help!

------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

Over the last couple of weeks, as all of us flashing junkies are continuously flashing devices there has been an increase in "Strange Problems" which to all intents and purposes are just “clog ups” and “bad flashes”

As we all know MTTY is the key here, but I can say from personal experience that this small piece of software is a MASSIVE pain in the ass to get working, i must have tried 15-20 different “recommended” procedures to get it work and all failed.

But I managed to find a failsafe method of getting MTTY working on Vista AND Windows 7, also x86 AND x64!! (I have all 4 windows installations and the methods detailed below worked on all)

NOTE: WORKS WITHOUT DRIVER INSTALL ON XP

If for some reason you cannot got this to work on XP do the following: (Thanks kgerry!!)

Hi,

if you run XP and you have Problems to connect to USB try following:

1. Launch ActiveSync on PC
    2. Go to connection settings
    3. Uncheck the Allow USB Connection
    4. bring the device to bootloader.
    5. Now, run mtty ...

... try again to switch from COM1 to USB and follow the instructions of perfect post 3

Hope it helps ... Kgerry

Here is how this thread works:

Post 1: Description
    Post 2: Driver Installation
    Post 3: MTTY Instructions For FLASHING FROM INTERNAL STORAGE
    Post 4: MTTY Instructions For FLASHING FROM YOU SYSTEM

THANKS to:

Reb0rn - for pointing me to the light!
    l2tp - for the images
    lunasea - for providing me with working drivers

and of course to anyone else I forgot.

I hope this helps people!!

MG
    i must say this is the reason i got my old rom working and stuck with it without wanting to upgrade. this happened to me, and for about 4 days or more the phone kept crashing and needing a hard reset. even changing roms or reloading the same rom didnt fix.
    i tried the MTTY thing and it was difficult to get going.

i personally really appreciate writing all this up, because now i will probably go and try another rom, with this thread in the back of my mind if things start acting up.
    so thanks!

To be honest, i have NEVER experienced the issues that require MTTY! I have always just flashed from internal storage and never had an issue.

I wrote this because i just wanted to get MTTY working incase i ever do experience it!!

MG
    Start Windows without Digitally signed Driver Check... or sumthing like that...

This is only if u have problems with the x64 driver... like i did... :p

BTW... u made a beautiful how-to man. Great job! :D

added this to the first post!!

thanks alot!

MG
    Finally I've found the solution! I'm sorry for wasting your time, but I want to thank you for all. Happy new year!

Glad you got it sorted, I dont really look at this thread any more as the instructions are prefect.

MG
    works great for me using xp virtual pc on windows 7 ultimate good work

WOW!!! There are still people using the Diamond!!

Thanks for the comments!!