Widgets for Androkkid

Search This thread

kraski

May 31, 2008
Baltimore, MD
OK. So I have finished the initial release of GORAPSWeather Widget for Androkkid. This is my first Androkkid Widget so please bare with me.

Looks great & it appears to be functioning alright. I say "appears" because I haven't figured out the right code for Baltimore. Your city works great, though. :p A little googling turned up to a city code database downloadable from here, which I'll dl when I get home. It's at: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=487090 .

goraps

Aug 31, 2007
Looks great & it appears to be functioning alright. I say "appears" because I haven't figured out the right code for Baltimore. Your city works great, though. :p A little googling turned up to a city code database downloadable from here, which I'll dl when I get home. It's at: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=487090 .

NAM|US|MD|Baltimore

That is the code for Baltimore. Hope you like it.

You can get codes by going to the accuweather mobile site and searching you city. Then you will see the code in the URL. somthing like this /NAM/US/MD/Baltimore just replace the "/" with "|"

fherfort

Jan 7, 2009
Updated Version of Bluetooth Widget

Hi all,

here's the updated version of the Bluetooth widget.
It will now be transparent.

cheers
frank

Attachments

• BluetoothWidget_0.0.1.0.zip
    18.7 KB · Views: 2,389

burnlea

Apr 12, 2009
Cornwall, UK
www.iremonger.org.uk

Attachments

• sshot007.jpg
    sshot007.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 552

kraski

May 31, 2008
Baltimore, MD
NAM|US|MD|Baltimore

That is the code for Baltimore. Hope you like it.

Thanks. And I mostly do like it. But I'm using a Treo Pro (320x320) &, to gain some screen real estate, I run realVGA at 96dpi. The top right side info is small enough that it's unreadable. I'll attach a screenshot so you can see what I mean. Any chance of a slightly larger version? And, yes, with a readable version, it will get its own page. :)

Attachments

• BK-AKww.jpg
    BK-AKww.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 266
Last edited:

kraski

May 31, 2008
Baltimore, MD

Just an update. I restored my screen to the "normal" (theirs, not mine) 128dpi. The weather info in the upper right section of the widget was then readable, but went slightly off the right side. On the other hand, several of my apps that look & work perfectly at 96dpi don't at 128dpi. Either less usability as parts of the display go off screen or lack scrolling needed for the square screen or just plain ugly. So, it's back to 96dpi & hoping you'll make an alternate larger version. ;)

goraps

Aug 31, 2007
Just an update. I restored my screen to the "normal" (theirs, not mine) 128dpi. The weather info in the upper right section of the widget was then readable, but went slightly off the right side. On the other hand, several of my apps that look & work perfectly at 96dpi don't at 128dpi. Either less usability as parts of the display go off screen or lack scrolling needed for the square screen or just plain ugly. So, it's back to 96dpi & hoping you'll make an alternate larger version. ;)

I will try to make you a larger one later tonight. Any preference as to a new size.
Maybe something like 400 x 400.

kraski

May 31, 2008
Baltimore, MD
I will try to make you a larger one later tonight. Any preference as to a new size.
Maybe something like 400 x 400.

What size is it now? My screen resolution (either at 128dpi or 96dpi) is 320x320. As you can tell from my screenshot, the present size leaves plenty of room on both sides at 96dpi. I'm still in favor of the wide rectangle. It leaves room for a lower row of icons for more detailed weather & news apps. But what you did was exactly what I was hoping for with an on screen, readily accessible display of the basics. Can you tell I'm a TouchFlo weather app fan? :D

alecoddlyiv

Jun 27, 2007
Hi goraps im having a problem with step 5

5) Execute the click on the GorapsWeather.mscr in a file explorer to initialize the values. If you don't do this and add the widget it will crash Androkkid.

When I double tap in total commander nothing happens, if i hold and select open again nothing happens?

When I then restart androkkid and add the widget I get ann error suggesting to me it hasnt run

*EDIT now working had nodata blocking internet connection *

I now howver want to report that this is not displying properly on my qvga kaiser - see below

Screen01.jpg

Last edited:

asudar

Mar 27, 2009
Budapest
Hi goraps im having a problem with step 5

5) Execute the click on the GorapsWeather.mscr in a file explorer to initialize the values. If you don't do this and add the widget it will crash Androkkid.

When I double tap in total commander nothing happens, if i hold and select open again nothing happens?

When I then restart androkkid and add the widget I get ann error suggesting to me it hasnt run

*EDIT now working had nodata blocking internet connection *

I now howver want to report that this is not displying properly on my qvga kaiser - see below

Screen01.jpg

The files with .mscr is Mortscript scripts, pls. Install Mortscript before clicking on it!
BTW GorapsWeather works like a charm :)