Volume Button Mixed Up

Search This thread

gabessdsp

Mar 9, 2011
So I just re-assembled my phone getting rid of some water damage and the volume buttons appear to be backwards. If I'm holding the phone and hit down the volume goes up and vice versa. The volume button itself only goes in one way, but even flipping it does nothing. What could've gone wrong so that the buttons flipped? I cleaned all of the contacts and such and am just so confused.

Last edited:

TheDeathlord

Dec 3, 2010
Casablanca
I thinck you should first try to flash a clean ROM.
I know that it is impossible to physically flip the buttons however it may be a weird issue on the motherboard itself. So, if it is not a software bug, you should look for scratchs on the motherboard close to the buttons position.

Good luck

Reactions: gabessdsp

gabessdsp

Mar 9, 2011
I know that it is impossible to physically flip the buttons however it may be a weird issue on the motherboard itself. So, if it is not a software bug, you should look for scratchs on the motherboard close to the buttons position.

Good luck

Seems like it has now fixed itself after trying it again today. I think I'm going to move on my from 4 though and get a 5...though in a year or so I don't know what I'll do with my 5 since Google discontinued the Nexus line :'(

THEBANDIT420

Aug 19, 2013
Seems like it has now fixed itself after trying it again today. I think I'm going to move on my from 4 though and get a 5...though in a year or so I don't know what I'll do with my 5 since Google discontinued the Nexus line :'(

They haven't that's all just rumors, trust there will be a nexus 5 2014

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Good luck