[Q] No sound, software problem

Search This thread

Stonedhippy

Dec 30, 2010
My i9295 has developed a software problem where the sound no longer works.

When switching on my phone the sound plays when the Samsung logo first appears but then never again, either through the phones music speaker, ear piece, headphone socket or blue tooth. When I try to play a video file with any number of programs it fails to play and VLC gives errors all mentioning audio output.

I have tried a number of different ROMS including the latest official samsung firmware but all have the same result.

I've never knowingly flashed a new radio, could this be the cause? If so what is the latest radio that I should use?
My current baseband version is xxucne5.

My phone is obviously useless without sound so any advice on how to fix it would be greatly appreciated.

D

Deleted member 5713773

My i9295 has developed a software problem where the sound no longer works.

When switching on my phone the sound plays when the Samsung logo first appears but then never again, either through the phones music speaker, ear piece, headphone socket or blue tooth. When I try to play a video file with any number of programs it fails to play and VLC gives errors all mentioning audio output.

I have tried a number of different ROMS including the latest official samsung firmware but all have the same result.

I've never knowingly flashed a new radio, could this be the cause? If so what is the latest radio that I should use?
My current baseband version is xxucne5.

My phone is obviously useless without sound so any advice on how to fix it would be greatly appreciated.

I had my speaker changed and that issue seemed to have resolved itself.