[APP] [0.8] [June 26th 2010] TrophyToGo - PSN-Trophy-Viewer

Search This thread

KUV1977

Apr 27, 2010
Hi there,

one of the first things when i received my new HD2 was to look for a PSN-Trophy-Viewer. To my surprise i did not find one, so i decided to build my own.

This is a very early version and will as such have bugs and missing features. Also, even though you can specify when to download infos, there will be traffic that may cause additional costs for you - depending on your network plan.

Still, if you would like to test my first Windows Mobile App, i would appreciate feedback and feature-requests.

The app needs CF3.5 and is created with the help of the excellent SenseSDK by eboelzner

Current Features
- Watch your rank and trophy-details (no PSN-password required!)
- Watch trophy-overview per game
- Watch trophy-detail per game (due to trophy-source hiddens are still missing even after achieving them - only in detail-mode, overview works fine)
- add friends and see and compare trophy-stats
- downloading of thumbs for each trophy (0.8)
- recent trophies (0.7.8)
- credit screen for SDK! (0.7.8)
- an icon and startlist entry (not perfect but in 0.8)

Planned Features
- bookmark trophies you want to tackle

Known Bugs
- some trophy names and/detail descriptions may cause the app to crash (please post)
- some games are truncated after apostrophe-signs
- some gamethumbs are not identified (please post those cases)
- sometimes on switching connection type the app may crash

===========================================

EDIT: June 2nd 2010 - 0.7.4
- fixes several crashes - at least improves stability
- autodownloads avatars if image was not available when adding friend
- several more games are shown (ACII, RDR, FIFA10, +) [NOTE: If you have already downloaded the game info and have broken data, go to settings and enable 'always download game info' under temporary settings. This will force the app to refetch the gamedata - please post games that are still broken]
- thanks to sergio76 the app should now have a shortcut (it appears under 'Applications' for now - will be fixed in the next release)

EDIT: June 26th 2010 - 0.8
- fixes several smaller bugs
- downloading of trophy thumbs is now possible
- again more games fixed

If you feel like donating, here's the button. Of course it is not required. This is a free app!

Trophy_App.png

Attachments

• TrophyToGo_0.7.CAB
    544.2 KB · Views: 455
  • TrophyToGo_0.7.4.CAB
    601.8 KB · Views: 243
  • TrophyToGo_0.8.cab
    766.3 KB · Views: 492
Last edited:

Sergio76

Apr 25, 2009
Leeds
Hi there,

one of the first things when i received my new HD2 was to look for a PSN-Trophy-Viewer. To my surprise i did not find one, so i decided to build my own.

This is a very early version and will as such have bugs and missing features. Also, even though you can specify when to download infos, there will be traffic that may cause additional costs for you - depending on your network plan.

Still, if you would like to test my first Windows Mobile App, i would appreciate feedback and feature-requests.

The app needs CF3.5 and is created with the help of the excellent SenseSDK by eboelzner

Current Features
- Watch your rank and trophy-details (no PSN-password required!)
- Watch trophy-overview per game
- Watch trophy-detail per game (due to trophy-source hiddens are still missing even after achieving them - only in detail-mode, overview works fine)
- add friends and see and compare trophy-stats

Planned Features
- downloading of thumbs for each trophy
- recent trophies
- bookmark trophies you want to tackle
- credit screen for SDK!
- an icon and startlist entry (so far you have to start it from the install folder -sorry!)

Known Bugs
- some trophy names and/detail descriptions may cause the app to crash (please post)
- some games are truncated after apostrophe-signs
- some gamethumbs are not identified (please post those cases)
- sometimes on switching connection type the app may crash

Trophy_App.png

Thanks Nice Idea Here is a cab that installs With the Icon a made for you if you like it use it and a shortcut on startmenu/Applications.

EDIT: UPDATED THE CAB NOW INSTALLS WITH THE ICON.

Last edited:

cortk

Aug 29, 2007
Nice! I have been looking for something like this for ages! Good luck with your development ;)

calerouxz

Jul 17, 2009
Thanks alot for this app, its a really awesome one, I have also been looking for an app to see my trophies myself, but was never really able to make an app...So thanks, would like to see the bugs get fixed btw (alrdy had a crash trying to see my AC2 trophies)

digitalhater

Mar 18, 2010
This seems to be very cool but I can't seem to get it working. I'm on Chucky's GTX (WM 6.5.x ROM). The app quits after a few seconds and it says that I Need NETCFv35.Messages.EN.cab.

Where do I get that? Isn't it the same thing as the NETCF v35?

The program doesn't create a shortcut nor does it have an icon? Any fix for this?

Thanks a lot.

KUV1977

Apr 27, 2010
Hey guys, I'm glad you like it. There will be an update tomorrow. Hopefully with Icon/Shortcut for good.
So far you can use Sergios Mod - that is the same like my app but with icon.

As far as this 3.5 Message is concerned, all you would gain from installing it is a better error-message - so don't. The update will fix a couple of crashs and a few games that had issues with information display.

I will also add a donate-button to the first post later. Of course, ypu don't have to donate.

Luggruff

Jan 14, 2010
Great app! ..though upon installing this app on my HD2 i get no program shortcut. where am I supposed to launch it from?

KUV1977

Apr 27, 2010
As i wrote in the first post, there is no shortcut yet. Download Sergios Mod, which adds a shortcut. I hope to have mine in in tomorrows version.

KUV1977

Apr 27, 2010
SAMPLE is the predefined PSN-User. Just go to settings and set the PSN-ID to your ID and it should download your data.

KUV1977

Apr 27, 2010
Hi guys, I know i promised an update for today but currently i am having weird connection problems, so i will delay the update to tomorrow.

Right now, more games show without error. No game should ever crash the app but throw an error in the worst case. Some other crash-issues have been fixed and in the case that avatars could not be loaded on the first try, the app will try again later...

slow4g63

Jun 6, 2008
looking good!!
I am assuming the app is not able to download all of your friends because it does not sign into the playstation network?

If you would like I will post a link to this thread on my playstation id app on facebook... currently I have 20,000 users and growing!
(http://www.facebook.com/apps/application.php?id=203720519608)

Unfortunately I will be getting the htc evo friday so I will not be able to play around with this app after then.

KUV1977

Apr 27, 2010
You are right, the app does not sign into the PSN. I really did not want to have anyone use his PSN-password, since most of us have credit card info in there and even though i would of course not misuse your data, putting your password anywhere else but into the PSN always feels risky. So it will not automatically fetch your friends. You can however add them manually.

Feel free to post about the app on facebook.

The new version works well for me and will definately be posted today.

slow4g63

Jun 6, 2008
will do! thanks!!

are you going to get on the android side of things?!

it would be cool to see if your friends were online or if they are playing a game!!
I struggle with these scenario's with my app on facebook. I wish playstation would code their site differently!

keep up the good work

Last edited:

KUV1977

Apr 27, 2010
Unfortunately i have no Android-device so i can't build an app for it.

I would definately love to show the Online-Status and the Comment of everyone, but since SONY does not have an API it is really difficult to get any data anyway.

New version is out. Please check the first post for the download.