[GUIDE] How To Root HBOOT 1.02/1.07 and gain S-OFF

Search This thread

cmlusco

Nov 20, 2010
Michigan City, IN
If anyone is still on the 0.92 hboot unrevoked3 works all in one step. No need for unlock or upgrade. Is there a reason to upgrade to 1.02 by the way?

Unrevoked3 works based on your radio version at the time you use it, it has nothing to do with your hboot version. Usually if your not rooted you take ota's which have coresponding radio and hboot versions.

Unrevoked only supports the HTC Droid Incredible, running radio baseband versions:

The only reason to upgrade it is to allow unlocking your bootloader, which allows extended fastboot commands . Commands like flashing recoveries, misc images and boot images thru fastboot instead of thru an hboot flashable. This could come in handy in a jam, or if your a dev testing your work. I am rooted, s-off on the 1.07 hboot that is still locked, that way if i ever need the extended commands i can unlock and use them.

zachf714

Jun 4, 2012
Mooresville
Unrevoked3 works based on your radio version at the time you use it, it has nothing to do with your hboot version. Usually if your not rooted you take ota's which have coresponding radio and hboot versions.

Unrevoked only supports the HTC Droid Incredible, running radio baseband versions:

The only reason to upgrade it is to allow unlocking your bootloader, which allows extended fastboot commands . Commands like flashing recoveries, misc images and boot images thru fastboot instead of thru an hboot flashable. This could come in handy in a jam, or if your a dev testing your work. I am rooted, s-off on the 1.07 hboot that is still locked, that way if i ever need the extended commands i can unlock and use them.

The program itself worked for me on the latest ota then I upgraded my hboot to 1.02 unlocked then did the soff a few weeks later

Sent from my ADR6300 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

rglabs

Nov 10, 2010
im totally stuck

okay so ive tried everything ive read everywhere, htcdev wont work either the command to get a key to put in there site response with an error

This is not my first time working with android devices and rooting, but im at a complete lose.

My phone
::Locked (oow)::
Incrediblec XD SHIP S-ON (obviously i want off so i can flash)
android 2.3.4
v2.15.10.12.20 baseband
kern v2.6.35.13
build v4.08.605.15
hboot 1.02.0000

Unrevoked wont work, super oneclick, anything,
USB debugging is on fastboot off, etc etc
I follow all the gudies i find to a T and nothing seems to work

PLEASE HELP!!!
Email me @ rglmobile1@gmail.com

zachf714

Jun 4, 2012
Mooresville
okay so ive tried everything ive read everywhere, htcdev wont work either the command to get a key to put in there site response with an error

This is not my first time working with android devices and rooting, but im at a complete lose.

My phone
::Locked (oow)::
Incrediblec XD SHIP S-ON (obviously i want off so i can flash)
android 2.3.4
v2.15.10.12.20 baseband
kern v2.6.35.13
build v4.08.605.15
hboot 1.02.0000

Unrevoked wont work, super oneclick, anything,
USB debugging is on fastboot off, etc etc
I follow all the gudies i find to a T and nothing seems to work

PLEASE HELP!!!
Email me @ rglmobile1@gmail.com

Go to htcdev and unlock the boot loader so it says locked... Then from there flash a recovery with fast boot flash recovery.... Unlocking your bootloader wipes data so back up some.. The. Run the rest of the steps

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

rglabs

Nov 10, 2010
Go to htcdev and unlock the boot loader so it says locked... Then from there flash a recovery with fast boot flash recovery.... Unlocking your bootloader wipes data so back up some.. The. Run the rest of the steps

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

I went to use that, I got to step 20 something where you fastboot oem get something something lol. and it returns an error like its an invalid command

zachf714

Jun 4, 2012
Mooresville
I went to use that, I got to step 20 something where you fastboot oem get something something lol. and it returns an error like its an invalid command

are you in the folder......... for the inc or platform tools... or does either have the fastboot file in the directory..

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

rglabs

Nov 10, 2010
are you in the folder......... for the inc or platform tools... or does either have the fastboot file in the directory..

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

I'm going to try again on a different computer. and start from scratch, if I get the same error ill post it.
Thanks for the help so far, its good to hear from someone, the only reason im doing this is to run ICS or jelly alphas

---------- Post added at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 PM ----------

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\LeeLee>cd/

C:\>cd adb

C:\adb>fastboot oem get_identifier_token
FAILED (status malformed (1 bytes))
finished. total time: 0.005s

finished. total time: 0.006s

C:\adb>

---------- Post added at 07:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 PM ----------

I'm going to try again on a different computer. and start from scratch, if I get the same error ill post it.
Thanks for the help so far, its good to hear from someone, the only reason im doing this is to run ICS or jelly alphas

---------- Post added at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 PM ----------

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\LeeLee>cd/

C:\>cd adb

finished. total time: 0.005s

finished. total time: 0.006s

C:\adb>

_________
I dont know what i did about i tried it again after looking into the directory issue you mention so far im past the HTC dev part, which was my major hold up. THANK YOU SO MUCH:good:

rocksteady

Jan 21, 2008
No-Mans-land Michigan
www.youtube.com
I can't get any recoveries to work properly, they won't factory reset or clear storage no other recoveries will install either. I have tried everything. I would think if it were bricked it wouldn't boot at all. I can get it to do the 5 vibes of death, but that's it.

cmlusco

Nov 20, 2010
Michigan City, IN
I can't get any recoveries to work properly, they won't factory reset or clear storage no other recoveries will install either. I have tried everything. I would think if it were bricked it wouldn't boot at all. I can get it to do the 5 vibes of death, but that's it.

So your s-off, are you also bootloader unlocked? If your s-off and unlocked, are you flashing the recovery thru hboot or fastboot? Have you tried the 5 vibes fix here http://pvillecomp.com/?page_id=33?

rocksteady

Jan 21, 2008
No-Mans-land Michigan
www.youtube.com
Yes I tried the 5 vibe and I am boot loader unlocked. I have tried every single guide I could find. Nothing works. No installed recovery installs, it acts like it in installs, but still a stock recovery with none of the options working.

Sent from my ADR6350 using xda premium

cmlusco

Nov 20, 2010
Michigan City, IN
Yes I tried the 5 vibe and I am boot loader unlocked. I have tried every single guide I could find. Nothing works. No installed recovery installs, it acts like it in installs, but still a stock recovery with none of the options working.

Sent from my ADR6350 using xda premium

Try flashing a recovery again with fastboot, but this time erase recovery first.
Code:
fastboot erase recovery
then
Code:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
If that dosent work try reflashing the stock recovery and then the custom recovery.

rocksteady

Jan 21, 2008
No-Mans-land Michigan
www.youtube.com
Try flashing a recovery again with fastboot, but this time erase recovery first.
Code:
fastboot erase recovery
then
Code:
If that dosent work try reflashing the stock recovery and then the custom recovery.

You put a fire back under my ass. I gave up, till this post. I fricken got it , now all is well.. thank you.:)

Last edited:

dirkdigles

Nov 23, 2010
Chicago
I unfortunately am not so lucky here. Trying to unlock / root / s-off / install recovery on my dad's incredible. His hboot menu:

*** LOCKED (00W) ***
IncredibleC XC SHIP S-ON
HBOOT-1.02.0000
MICROP-0417
TOUCH PANEL-ATMEL224_16ab
RADIO-2.15.10.12.20
Dec 21 2011, 23:37:16

I tried doing the HTCDev unlock, it claims to be successful, but then the phone just reboots / bootloops. Have to take the battery out for ~5 minutes before the phone will boot again normally. I can restart into HBOOT, however in order to boot back into the OS, once again, have to remove the battery for >5 minutes.

I tried installing the PB31IMG from this thread - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1948823 - however that didn't take either. It looks like it installs properly but then reboots and everything is still the same - no recovery etc. As far as I can tell, the MicroSD is formatted to FAT32 (I can only read it through the phone - don't have a separate card reader).

Have no idea what to do here. The phone bootloops randomly when my dad is using it, and I'd just like to get it into a state where he can use the phone reliably. HTC Dev unlock doesn't work, adb doesn't work, nothing seems to work.

PS I have installed HTC SYnc / drivers and ADB Drivers successfully. I tried running HTCDev unlock in fastboot, and it claims to have run successfully and reboots after only 1 minute or so, then continuously bootloops again.

Any clues as to what I can do here?

Last edited:

rocksteady

Jan 21, 2008
No-Mans-land Michigan
www.youtube.com
Change hboot to .92 first. Then re-unlock it with the dev command. Then make sure you are using the correct radio, froyo, gingerbread and ice cream all need to have the correct radio. If that does't work, shoot me a message. After it's unlocked use a froyo downgrade with ruu or from the memory card.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using xda premium

dirkdigles

Nov 23, 2010
Chicago
Change hboot to .92 first. Then re-unlock it with the dev command. Then make sure you are using the correct radio, froyo, gingerbread and ice cream all need to have the correct radio. If that does't work, shoot me a message. After it's unlocked use a froyo downgrade with ruu or from the memory card.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using xda premium

Can I downgrade from 1.02 HBOOT to 0.92? This guide would seem to imply I cannot. I assume that the RUU installs a new radio / os version / etc., however the RUU that I tried previously (in my post you replied to) didn't take for whatever reason.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am in no way responsible if you turn your phone into an expensive brick. Unlocking bootloaders is technical, and can be hazardous to your devices health if you don’t understand what you are doing.

REQUIRED: ADB, fastboot, and all related drivers setup and working on your pc. If you do not have adb setup download this http://dinc.does-it.net/Guide_Root_New_Hboot/adb_fastboot.zip, and extract the files to some place like C:\adb and also download these required drivers http://unrevoked.com/rootwiki/doku.php/public/windows_hboot_driver_install.

1. Head over to HTC Dev http://www.htcdev.com/bootloader/.

2. Create a account or sign in (you must use your real email address).

3. Go to unlock bootloader.

4. Select “HTC DROID INCREDIBLE*”.

5. Follow the directions and install all the software provided and you will end up with a unlocked bootloader with s-on. Save a copy of the unlock_code.bin to your pc, so you have it after dooing the froyo ruu.

6. Enter FASTBOOT again on your phone.

7.Open the command prompt again on your pc to where adb.exe is. (ie. C:\android-sdk\platform-tools or C:\adb

8. Download this - CWM recovery 5.0.2.0 http://dinc.does-it.net/Guide_Root_New_Hboot/recovery.img, and place it in the same folder as fastboot (where you put unlock_code.bin ie. C:\adb).

9. For simplicity’s sake rename the above file to recovery.img if it doesn’t already save it as recovery.img.

10. In your command prompt navigate to the folder containing your fastboot files and recovery.img

11. Enter the following in the command prompt:
    Code:
    Code:

12. Once that completes navigate to recovery on your phone and press power to select it.

13. Once CWM recovery boots on your phone use the volume up and down to pick "Mounts and storage" press the trackball to select it.

14. Select "Mount usb storage".

15. Take this zip and drag it to the root of your SD card http://dinc.does-it.net/Guide_Root_New_Hboot/su.zip

16. On your phone press the trackball to unmount your usb storage.

17. Select go back.

18. Select install zip from SD card.

19. Choose zip from sd card.

20. Select the su.zip file we just downloaded and press the trackball to flash.

21. Reboot the phone.

22. Once your phone is booted go to the market and search "superuser".

23. Download and install superuser.

24. Search "busybox".

25. Use one of the busybox installers and install busybox (hit allow on the su notification).

26. Enter superuser app, press the menu button on your phone, select preferences, then scroll down to su-binary.

27. Hit update, and allow the prompt, if all the output is in green then you have full root congrats!!!.

For Those who wish to take it one step further and achieve s-off with unrevoked.
    This process will format your phone I recommend making a nandroid, and running a program like Titanium Backup along with MyBackup to backup all your apps/data, and sync your contacts to google before you go any further.

28. Reboot your phone, and enable usb debugging.

29. Place these 2 files, unzipped on the root of your SD card. Do not put them in a folder, just drop the files right to your card. http://dinc.does-it.net/Guide_Root_New_Hboot/flash_mtd.zip

30. Set your phone to charge only.

31. Open the command prompt on your PC and navigate to the same folder as your fastboot files in the step above for example: cd c:\android-sdk\platform-tools\ or C:\adb

32. Type the following into the command prompt pressing the enter key at the end of each line:
    Code:
    adb shell
    You should get a dollar sign $
    Code:
    su
    You should now get a pound sign #
    Code:
    cat /sdcard/flash_image > /data/flash_image
    Code:
    chmod 755 /data/flash_image
    Code:
    /data/flash_image misc /sdcard/mtd0.img

33. Now set your phone to disk drive mode and place this zip on the root of your SD card (do not unzip) http://dinc.does-it.net/Stock_Images/3.26.605.1/PB31IMG.zip

34. Rename the above file to PB31IMG

35. Set your phone to charge only

36. At this step you have 2 options you can pull the battery of your phone and put it back in then hold volume down and pres power to enter the bootloader or you can go back to your command prompt and type the following:
    Code:
    exit
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader

37. When your bootloader is done loading press volume up to flash the PB31IMG.zip

38. Your phone will reboot the bootloader once during this process, don’t be alarmed just wait for it to finish, when done it will ask you to press volume up to restart the phone

39. When done remove the PB31IMG file from your sd card

40. Congratulations you are now back to stock 2.2 froyo

41. Put the unlock_code.bin file in the same folder with the fastboote.exe file if its not already there. Go to fastboot on the phone. Open a commant prompt to the folder where the files are.

42. Type the folowing:
    Code:
    fastboot flash unlocktoken unlock_code.bin
    Code:

43. Fastboot flash cwm recovery.img again.
    Code:
    Code.

44. Flash the su.zip file thru recovery.

45. Flash the unrevoked forever s-off patch thru recovery http://dinc.does-it.net/Guide_Root_New_Hboot/unrevoked-forever.zip

You should now be rooted and s-off. :)
    is there a reason why update hboot? any thing good come with it?

No reason to update and is reccomended that you dont. This is just for people who got an inc recently that came with the new hboot.
    Okay folks. here are links to some of the main files I have, Enjoy! Thanks to the Dev that brought this in the beginning.
    The file labeled "HTCdev.com Unlock Records or Procedures" has all the main stuff.

HTC Archives
    do you know if this method enables fastboot? I never could get fastboot working on my slcd Inc and I don't know if there is an eng hboot that works for it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I believe it does. The new hboot is fastboot compatible, it is required to get the info for the unlock code. The 0.92 hboot is also fastboot compatible, i have always been able to use fastboot on it. Is that what you ment?