Droid RAZR on PagePlus edited to get 3g

Search This thread

carlosmora232507

Jul 12, 2012
Help please.

##7764726 lte(14) apn restore using apnpageplus.xml seems to get 1x for a minute...then
sim out--> then disable class 1 apn disable class 2 apn
reboot with sim back in and keep it in

toggle dns check= not allowed
query cfu on powerOn=enabled

instant 3g everytime

Please help i have a droid razr and i flashed it with qpst to pageplus. i have calling and mms working but i cant get the data 1x or 3g. however if i turn on the wifi and connect to wifi it pops up 3g or 1x connection.how can i fix this so that i get 1x and 3g working?

PS4AndroidHacker

Jul 11, 2009
Dalton,Ohio
www.facebook.com
Need Help with Page Plus

So I've tried all this to get my Droid 4 working with Page Plus. I will pay you or anybody who can do it for me! LOL! I'm tired of the fuss and to pay $50 to have it done for me would be easier. I've never had too great of luck with QPST or CDMA Workshop.

I have successfully done a RAZR and RAZR MAXX the last 2 days. The process is the same on both.

(Trying to remember, don't have phone in front of me)

Boot up phone with SIM in, remove SIM upon reaching home screen.
##PROGRAM + SEND, enter 000000 for lock code.
Option 6 (Test Mode), hit next until you see Network Mode. Change it to CDMA and EVDO.
Go back to menu, option 14 (LTE Settings), change Sim Type to 3G UICC Test.
Reboot phone.

Go back into ##PROGRAM, option 1 (User Activation) and punch in your correct MIN, MDN and so forth.
There is another option for SMS/MMS settings that I had to change the MML server to MDN@vzw3g.com for text to work. Wasn't able to text MMS because the customer ran out of data :(

Make sure in your Data Manager under Settings that you have it set to roam for all trips or you won't get any data.

I'd like someone else to try this if they can, being that I sold both my RAZR and RAZR MAXX and I forgot to document the process, haha. If I come across another one, I'll be sure to update this reply.

I had 3G data, voice, text, and I believe MMS was working.

Hope this helps someone!

wardcst

Jan 14, 2011
Milbank SD
batmobilewireless.com
So I've tried all this to get my Droid 4 working with Page Plus. I will pay you or anybody who can do it for me! LOL! I'm tired of the fuss and to pay $50 to have it done for me would be easier. I've never had too great of luck with QPST or CDMA Workshop.

Are you on GB or Ics?
It does make a differance as to what you have to do to get your 3G working.

beastmods

Jun 15, 2010
Charleston, SC
www.beastmods.com
ok the first 7 razr's i flashed had no problem with 3g data.

now the last few i have flashed will get stuck in cdma eHRPD mode.

i can only change it to cdma only and get 1x

anyone know how to get past this issue?

same problem on gb and ics.

i will donate to whoever gives me a permanent fix....i run a cell repair shop and flash razrs every week.

thank you ....please email me at beastmods@gmail.com

Rolando1

Aug 7, 2012
solid 3g

I previously mentioned in the Bionic [Request] thread that the steps for making a RAZR work on PagePlus were the same as a Bionic, however, that statement is not entirely accurate. There is no *#*#4636#*#* on a RAZR, and as such, there seems to be no way at the moment to get 3G data. Picture messaging works if you install VZW messages from the market.
Here is what I did:

First and foremost, use the IMEI but drop the last digit. This is your MEID. Call Pageplus, or find a pageplus dealer who is nice enough to activate it for you, and give them this MEID. You will have to call pageplus cs after you are finished with the following programming to get the MEID put back on the phone. I don't know why this is, and I am not going to give you any kind of technical BS to make it look like I do.

1. Put phone into BP Tools mode by powering off, then pressing both up and down volume and power. Volume down to BP Tools and Volume up to choose it.
2. Install the latest Motorola Driver for your phone from:
3. Connect the phone to the PC, and let the driver install complete.
4. Run HW Virtual Serial Port, and login with the password "admin" (it is already there by default, so just hit enter).< no longer necessary
5. Set the IP as 192.168.16.2, with the port as 11008.
6. Choose com port 100.
7. Open CDMA-Workshop 3.7 or higher (There is no known copy floating around for free. Either find someone who has it installed already, or pay the $108 like I did... if you're like me, you'll find ways to recoup your money. I have made it back a few times over already.) Choose COM port and click CONNECT.
8. Click on Security, SPC and send 000000. Do this EVERYTIME you reconnect the phone. Everytime. Don't forget this.
9. Click on Main and go down to where it says CDMA and change it to CDMA-2.
10. Under R-UIM change config to NV Only.
11. Click on the "Other" tab. At PRL, choose write and write the pageplus prl (51720 only) to it. Google for this, it's out there. Write to phone.
12. REBOOT the phone.
13. Reconnect and resend SPC.
14. On the MAIN tab, switch CDMA-2 back to CDMA.
15. Write 310 to MCC, 00 to MNC, and your MIN. Leave True IMSI alone.
16. Write 283, 384 to P CH; and 691 and 777 S CH.
17. Write your mobile number to the DIR_Number and DIR_PCS fields. Write to phone.
18. Change CDMA to EDVO.
19. under PPP User and HDR User write your phone number xxxxxxxxxx@vzw3g.com, with vzw for the password.
20. under Teth. NAI write your number xxxxxxxxxx@dun.vzw3g.com.
21. Click on m.ip profiles
22. NAI is the same as 19. T NAI is the same as 20. The shared Secret fields are both VZW.
23. If necessary, change the P. HA address to 255.255.255.255.
24. Click X, then write to phone.
25. Disconnect the phone and reboot it. You are done with CDMA workshop.
26. On your phone, under Settings > wireless and networks > mobile networks > network mode change to CDMA only.
27. Connect to wi-fi and download phone in Play Store (Android Market)
28. Open phone info and go to phone information. Scroll down to set preferred network type and change it to CDMA auto (prl) and toggle DNS Check to allowed.
29. ##Program on your dialer, use "000000" for SPC code, and go to 3> Extended NAM and change the SID to whatever your SID is.
30. Back once to 06 Test Mode, next twice, then make sure network mode is CDMA and EVDO
31. Back once and go to 14 LTE Test Settings. Change SIM Type to 3g, LTE bppanic to disable. Back twice to reboot. Remove SIM Card while rebooting.
32. Back to ##Program 14, disable class1 and class2 APNs and back out. Phone will reboot.

That's it. I have 3g working on 173. Haven't gotten it on 181 or on the ICS leak, though, but, I have a droid razr on my prepaid 29.99/month plan, and couldn't be happier.

Any questions? Please message me. I will respond ASAP.

Please remember to hit the Thanks button if this helps you!!

I just had to make an account to help you all as I'm sure you have been headbanging your desk as well. I finally figured out how to get my razr, and I'm sure all 4g devices on page plus with 3g on ICS. I did the programming as stated. Then I found a nice little bit of info to help as it seemed I was getting 1x and 3g, just not connecting as if my username and password were wrong. I called ppc and had them do an esn change to a 3g phone. I restored my wifes old phone to factory and did the ota programming on it. I then made a test call to make sure. After that, I had the nice lady from ppc transfer the my account back to the razr, turned it on and nothing. Then BLAMO! after 30 seconds I had 3g and hasn't dropped. I can't post links yet, just google remotesquad. I also want to thank everyone for all the help on this forum

unholy droid

Dec 2, 2010
Step 27

Okay I'm just reading through before I invest in a Droid Razr. On step 27 what exactly are we suppose to download from play store? Thanks for your time.

kiddjay24

Aug 26, 2012
i need help

i have a razr and i would like to learn to do this but i dont have any idea how to get cdma 3.7 can anyone help me out

---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 PM ----------

[i have the razr and i would like tostart doing this myself but im in need i dont know how to get cdma 3.7 help please

Reactions: mayaoz

beastmods

Jun 15, 2010
Charleston, SC
www.beastmods.com
i have a razr and i would like to learn to do this but i dont have any idea how to get cdma 3.7 can anyone help me out

---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 PM ----------

[i have the razr and i would like tostart doing this myself but im in need i dont know how to get cdma 3.7 help please

you have to pay.

cdma-ware.com

cw4l

Sep 8, 2012
Springfield
What is the magic for ICS?

Are you on GB or Ics?
It does make a differance as to what you have to do to get your 3G working.

Working on a stock droid Razr with 1x (most of the time) and 3g popping in and out with no stability at all. I know this isn't the best I can hope for on ICS as I've done it before and had 3g going continuously but I just can't figure out what I did differently. It can go and view status and it says 1x = -93dBm and 3g = -90dBm so I knowthe signal strength is available it's just not being picked up like it should.

I have ##program user activation info completely filled out, extended NAM complete too, in test mode I have changed network mode to CDMA and EVDO, and LTE test settings with SIM type to 3g test and LTE bppanic disabled, along with disabling the class 1 & 2 apns. The worst part is that 3g sometimes works then it usually drops to no signal at all and comes back up to 1x a bit later. Almost like I'm dropping signal. I don't know, at my wit's end with this phone as I have been working on it all weekend and now it's Tuesday.

unclejjp

Apr 22, 2008
where at do you find what to change for the mms

I have successfully done a RAZR and RAZR MAXX the last 2 days. The process is the same on both.

Option 6 (Test Mode), hit next until you see Network Mode. Change it to CDMA and EVDO.
Reboot phone.

Go back into ##PROGRAM, option 1 (User Activation) and punch in your correct MIN, MDN and so forth.
There is another option for SMS/MMS settings that I had to change the MML server to MDN@vzw3g.com for text to work
. Wasn't able to text MMS because the customer ran out of data :(

Make sure in your Data Manager under Settings that you have it set to roam for all trips or you won't get any data.

I'd like someone else to try this if they can, being that I sold both my RAZR and RAZR MAXX and I forgot to document the process, haha. If I come across another one, I'll be sure to update this reply.

Hope this helps someone!

---------- Post added at 05:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 PM ----------

Yeah i was wondering what setting you go to to change the MML server setting i could not find that in the phone when i went in there.

Reboot phone.

There is another option for SMS/MMS settings that I had to change the MML server to MDN@vzw3g.com for text to work. Wasn't able to text MMS because the customer ran out of data :(

Hope this helps someone!

Dec 21, 2011
updated prl?

Is there an updated prl for pageplus? I just can't get 3g to stick with the 51720_EVDO.prl.
Included in this zip are the prls I have tried.
Any input would be great.
Thanks

Attachments

• pageplusprls.zip
    17.2 KB · Views: 159

AZKJS

Jul 16, 2011
Saint George, UT
Are there any alternatives to CDMA Workshop? I need to write the EVDO part but the "Demo" CDMA Workshop and its done everything up to step 18...

Thanks Guys!:)

I Tried QPST but I dont know where to put the info in.

Last edited:

cappii

Apr 26, 2010
Williamston, SC
Are there any alternatives to CDMA Workshop? I need to write the EVDO part but the "Demo" CDMA Workshop and its done everything up to step 18...

Thanks Guys!:)

I Tried QPST but I dont know where to put the info in.

DFS from from CDMA tool. Use the free version. Also, as I am sure most of you know, the 51720 no longer works on ICS for 3G. I use 52979 and 58008 now. I have completed writeups for ICS and will for JB when I get it installed on my RAZR. BTW, #27 is phone info from the Play Store. sorry for the typo.

InfiniteSky

Jan 9, 2013
Phone App Android Market

28. Open phone info and go to phone information. Scroll down to set preferred network type and change it to CDMA auto (prl) and toggle DNS Check to allowed.

I can't seem to find this app. Such a common name makes searching the web for it impossible.

Jul 27, 2012
Santa Maria
looking for someone to flash my razr to page plus for me

i was wondering if someone would flash my xt912 to page plus ive been trying to for a while now but cant seem to figure out how since my cdma ws trial already expired and i dont want to pay $100 bucks for it. thanks!

mattkilla420

Dec 10, 2012
greensboro
Samsung Galaxy S21

I can't seem to find this app. Such a common name makes searching the web for it impossible.

I use *#*#INfO#*#* enter that at the dialer and go to phone info, first menu item. Then continue the steps as described

sent from my Droid RAZR Maxx JB

dmonleo

Phone Info.apk

http://db.tt/ZLDyQjs9

Hope this helps. Make sure to allow unknown sources.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I previously mentioned in the Bionic [Request] thread that the steps for making a RAZR work on PagePlus were the same as a Bionic, however, that statement is not entirely accurate. There is no *#*#4636#*#* on a RAZR, and as such, there seems to be no way at the moment to get 3G data. Picture messaging works if you install VZW messages from the market.
    Here is what I did:

First and foremost, use the IMEI but drop the last digit. This is your MEID. Call Pageplus, or find a pageplus dealer who is nice enough to activate it for you, and give them this MEID. You will have to call pageplus cs after you are finished with the following programming to get the MEID put back on the phone. I don't know why this is, and I am not going to give you any kind of technical BS to make it look like I do.

1. Put phone into BP Tools mode by powering off, then pressing both up and down volume and power. Volume down to BP Tools and Volume up to choose it.
    2. Install the latest Motorola Driver for your phone from: http://developer.motorola.com/docstools/USB_Drivers/
    4. Run HW Virtual Serial Port, and login with the password "admin" (it is already there by default, so just hit enter).< no longer necessary
    6. Choose com port 100.
    7. Open CDMA-Workshop 3.7 or higher (There is no known copy floating around for free. Either find someone who has it installed already, or pay the $108 like I did... if you're like me, you'll find ways to recoup your money. I have made it back a few times over already.) Choose COM port and click CONNECT.
    8. Click on Security, SPC and send 000000. Do this EVERYTIME you reconnect the phone. Everytime. Don't forget this.
    11. Click on the "Other" tab. At PRL, choose write and write the pageplus prl (51720 only) to it. Google for this, it's out there. Write to phone.
    12. REBOOT the phone.
    17. Write your mobile number to the DIR_Number and DIR_PCS fields. Write to phone.
    18. Change CDMA to EDVO.
    19. under PPP User and HDR User write your phone number xxxxxxxxxx@vzw3g.com, with vzw for the password.
    22. NAI is the same as 19. T NAI is the same as 20. The shared Secret fields are both VZW.
    26. On your phone, under Settings > wireless and networks > mobile networks > network mode change to CDMA only.
    29. ##Program on your dialer, use "000000" for SPC code, and go to 3> Extended NAM and change the SID to whatever your SID is.
    30. Back once to 06 Test Mode, next twice, then make sure network mode is CDMA and EVDO
    31. Back once and go to 14 LTE Test Settings. Change SIM Type to 3g, LTE bppanic to disable. Back twice to reboot. Remove SIM Card while rebooting.
    32. Back to ##Program 14, disable class1 and class2 APNs and back out. Phone will reboot.

That's it. I have 3g working on 173. Haven't gotten it on 181 or on the ICS leak, though, but, I have a droid razr on my prepaid 29.99/month plan, and couldn't be happier.

that is the hard way. try this link for the easy way. i have done the razr and droid 4 with this method. i started with the bionic and i am sure it will work on the razr maxx. it doesn't cost a thing.

try this (post #25)

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1300959&page=3

or even better

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1752710-Manual-Activation-of-Droid-Bionic-Questions/page4
    Instead of creating a Virtual Port. Just boot into BP Tools by pressing the Vol Up and Down buttons from power off. Scroll to BP Tools and press the Vol Up Button. I Used CDMA Workshop. Under CDMA2 Change it to NV Only. Writed a PP PRL. Mine took very easily. 3G was a bit harder but it does work. Most people report that it will only go 1x. After a bit of tweaking it switched to 3G and everything is running perfect.
    try this for 181

Here is what I did:

2. Install the latest Motorola Driver for your phone from: http://developer.motorola.com/docstools/USB_Drivers/
    6. Choose com port 100.
    12. REBOOT the phone.
    18. Change CDMA to EDVO.

##7764726 lte(14) apn restore using apnpageplus.xml seems to get 1x for a minute...then
    sim out--> then disable class 1 apn disable class 2 apn
    reboot with sim back in and keep it in

toggle dns check= not allowed
    query cfu on powerOn=enabled

instant 3g everytime
    i need help