[discussion/faq] codename rom

Search This thread

Mattix724

Sep 26, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
OnePlus 8
I am running gummy since a couple of hours ago, very nice rom! So many custom settings baked right into the rom... I still don't know what half of them do. I am running the fd24 build and the camera works. Everything that I can see works.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

Reactions: b1g.p0ppa

playya

Jan 12, 2007
Florida
I am running gummy since a couple of hours ago, very nice rom! So many custom settings baked right into the rom... I still don't know what half of them do. I am running the fd24 build and the camera works. Everything that I can see works.

It video that's broken on Gummy

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Reactions: b1g.p0ppa

cidica

Aug 9, 2008
Seattle, Wa
So while I'm going to keep this thread open and not close it or change up anything. I'm pretty much taking a long leave maybe perm from xda as well as a few other things. Between work and my personal life right now I just do not have time for a lot of extra stuff. I might pop in from time to time at least to keep this semi updated but right now I'm out of here. Much love to a great community of people that I've had the pleasure of talking to and getting to know a few of you guys/gals.

acidic out.

Edit.

outside of that if anyone needs something hit me on G+ or Gtalk just pm me and I'll toss you the info.

Last edited:

Carbajal3009

Jan 8, 2012
Westminster
So while I'm going to keep this thread open and not close it or change up anything. I'm pretty much taking a long leave maybe perm from xda as well as a few other things. Between work and my personal life right now I just do not have time for a lot of extra stuff. I might pop in from time to time at least to keep this semi updated but right now I'm out of here. Much love to a great community of people that I've had the pleasure of talking to and getting to know a few of you guys/gals.

acidic out.

take it easy man. Thanks for everything. :D hope you do return for future updates though!!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

T.C.P

Apr 19, 2010
Stockton

acidic out.

Edit.

outside of that if anyone needs something hit me on G+ or Gtalk just pm me and I'll toss you the info.

thanks for always keeping OP updated Bro.. Take it easy, it was a pleasure working with u;)
Also gummy is updated :cool:

Reactions: *Luke* and z31k

playya

Jan 12, 2007
Florida
thanks for always keeping OP updated Bro.. Take it easy, it was a pleasure working with u;)
Also gummy is updated :cool:

Damn you I just flashed Codename 2 hrs ago to check it out. So did ya get the video fixed or can you steer me to where I can see what you made better.

Thx

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

*Luke*

Nov 21, 2010
Going to kick this back to the front page and see if Erick will "maybe" get the new codename builds working for the E4GT again since the CNA rom Devs are back :D I miss CNA :(

You and I both! (and I'm sure many others!) welcome back Erick! We've missed you around here =]

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

b1g.p0ppa

Feb 26, 2011
Roam
Going to kick this back to the front page and see if Erick will "maybe" get the new codename builds working for the E4GT again since the CNA rom Devs are back :D I miss CNA :(

Man, me too. Those codename days sure were fun. I was reminded of them recently when the JB thread in Dev blew the flock up.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    FAQ

So here is a little FAQ for the CODENAME ROM by T.C.P for the Epic 4G Touch. This will be updated with new information as time goes on.

First of all please read and make sure you do follow the install instructions fully. There have been people that have bricked their devices by trying to use ICS repacked Kernels to flash this rom and or backup/restore please read and follow the instructions.

Q: Does Video work?
    A: NO it does not. It will record and show up in the Gallery but it will be blank and will not play. The long answer It won't work for sometime so Even with a new build don't ask unless notted that it's been fixed.

Q: Can we update over a previous CODENAME Build when a new ones comes out?
    A: Yes and No. There is a way to do this however it DOES NOT work for everyone this is why it's not a well know thing and not posted in the OP in the Dev section or in Discussion thread in General. If you do a bit of searching you will find it but be warned for some it does not always work.

Q: What's the Difference between CODENAME and CM9/AOKP?
    A: More/Different options as the CODENAME site says "We do not want you to think you are using anything other then stock" there are tons of tweaks that come standard with the rom. Look in Settings/Interface as well as Settings/Advanced Testing just to get and idea.

Q: Market is giving me an error when installing apps (941/ect. errors)
    A: Settings/Apps/Google Play Store/Clear Data This sometimes does resolve the issue. If that does not work Try uninstalling the update and letting it reinstall.

Q: When I try to install an app from the Play Store it errors outs (SD issues)
    A: Try hooking the phone up to the computer and mounting storage and reinstalling the app/game in question.

Q: Lockscreen Wallpaper does not work.
    A: Known issue no known work around unless you have purchased version of Widgetlocker from the Play Store.

Q: Is SMS/MMS working?
    A: Yes it does work. However some people have had issues with it in the past and currently also. The best bet is to install GO SMS Pro from the Google Play Store.

Q: Can we update Profile/Prl in this rom like CM9?
    A: Yes and No. CM9 while it does have the option it DOES NOT WORK currently. CODENAME has the option to do this also but like CM9 it does not work either but it's being worked on.

Q: Can I use Rogue repacked Kernels with Codename?
    A: No do not use TouchWiz based kernels unless they have been redone for this or another AOSP rom as things will break.

Q: When I use the Dialer it does not show my contacts as I start to type a phone number.
    A: Open Phone hit Menu/Settings/Dialpad Settings/Enable T9 Dialer

Q: LCD Density does not go below 240.
    A: Use Rom Toolbox for this if you want it lower. however going below 190 has caused the Phone.apk and other things to crash.

Q: Does 4G work?
    A: YES!

Q: The modem (cwm flashable) hangs on flashing.
    A: 2 ways to fix this either try and flash it again and it could work. Or use Odin and place the phone in download mode and flash the modem.bin in the PHONE option via Odin. Odin is honestly the best way to flash modems as it 100% always works.

Q: How do I find off pulse notification lights?
    A: Settings/Display

Q: I can't get my GPS to lock.
    A: If you can't get GPS to lock at all (this does not mean things do not show up in GPS Test since they are not going to) One of the few ways to do it is go back to a GB Based rom (El29 or so) boot up the rom turn GPS on and get a lock. Once you do that flash CODENAME or any other rom that you want WITHOUT turning off GPS and you should have locks once you are on a custom rom.

Q: Can I turn off the Menu Lights at the bottom of the phone?
    A: Yes Look down below there is a file to do it. Flash this after you flash a new build or you will have to Odin back to the EL26 repack in this thread and do it that way but you must flash back to the Stock kernel that comes with Codename.

This FAQ will be updated as time goes on and issues that are found have either fixes or work around.

Screenshots and Video are in post #4. Thanks to elliwigy for the video.

Code:
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Install instructions for CODENAME

Code:
    Installing for the first time:
    - Make sure you're running a proper working CWM like the one from CM7
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash CODENAME zip
    - Flash Gapps
    - DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET (as sometimes your calendar sync will not work) DO NOT WIPE SYSTEM or the assert script will fail
    - Reboot
    - Don't restore Apps using Titanium Backup! (Some users have been able to do this.  This is left here just as a warning however if it works for you cool me know)

Or

-Flash EL26 stock CWM kernel via ODIN/Mobile ODIN
    -When phone begins reboot, Hold Power + Volume up until boots into recovery.
    -Wipe data/factory, cache and dalvik cache
    -Flash ROM
    -Flash Gapps
    -Reboot
    (Please Note I do NOT use this method for installs.  However it has worked for other users in the past so I am putting it here since it could cut down install time/upgrade time.)

Updating Kernels if/when they are released (if there is not a repacked rom or a new rom with the current Kernel)

Code:
    -Flash EL26 stock CWM kernel via ODIN/Mobile ODIN
    -When phone begins reboot, Hold Power + Volume up until boots into recovery.
    -Flash ROM
    -Flash Gapps
    -Wipe Data/Factory, Cache, Dalvik.
    -Flash Kernel
    -Reboot

GAPPS
    Goo-inside: 0317 GAPPS

T.C.P's Format Cache Script
    Link: Format Cache
    keep this on your SDCARD for when/if you are doing updates and or flashing new builds.

Stock Repacked EL26 Kernel
    Link: EL26 Stock Repacked Kernel

FC18 Kernel
    Link: FC18 Kernel
    Mirror: FC18 Kernel (Thanks to Calkulin for the leak)

FC22 Kernel
    Link: FC22 Kernel (Thanks to Calkulin for the leak)

FC18 Modem
    Link: FC18 Modem (Thanks to Calkulin for the leak)
    Flashable Via Recovery (before first reboot)

Link: FC18 Modem (Thanks to Calkulin for the leak)
    Unzip the modem and flash it via Odin in the PHONE option.

FC22 Modem
    Link: FC22 Modem (Thanks to Calkulin for the leak)
    Flashable Via Recovery (before first reboot)

Link: FC22 Modem (Thanks to Calkulin for the leak)
    Unzip the modem and flash it via Odin in the PHONE option.

Sprint Visual Voicemail
    Link: Voicemail
    (download and install you will get 2 txt msgs once you run it which is normal)

Triangle Away
    Link: Triangle Away
    WARNING!!!! This app does run the risk of possibly bricking your device. I'm adding the link to the xda forum post here just incase people do want to use it. It DOES work as I have personally used it a few times without issue. But please use at your own risk as always.

Turn off Bottom Lights
    Link: Lights Off (Thanks to DutchDogg54 for the link)

All credit to T.C.P for bringing this Rom to us. Give him the thanks this thread is here to talk about the rom and any issues that are present in it. Keep it clean.
    4.0.4 nighties are starting tomorrow
    that is all
    new build coming tonight with video recording nd Netflix fixed

forget nightly's im gonna do mid-days, so ppl have time to mess around with it half the day..
    bet u no ones gonna find this.... nightly's will be released here, and only here, :D